Hull-Daisetta vs. Evadale Game Thread/Evadale wins.

WOSgrad

[quote name="CATMAN" post="949071" timestamp="1295144072"]
How is it going to be the game in the dist. u said Evadale win all dist. game by 30 ??? ??? How can that be the best. ??? ???
[/quote] You need to go back and look at what I posted.. I said every team by 20 but after looking at some of who HD had played I felt they would have beat them by 30. And as far as BS it is always a good game in their gym.  And this game will prob. not be the closes game in Dist. ,with the rest af the field being so even, but it could be the Rebs hardest. But I also fell if HD comes out as hard as they did here, at home it will also be a good game. And you know the ball can take some funny bounces in that old gym ;)

I have a ton of respect for Coach Williams and I know he knows his personell better than I do.That being said when when you play a club that is small and pressures the ball the more ball handlers you have on the floor the better I like your odds.The 3 post players Evadale has are about even in potential with #32 probably the best of the 3.With the 3rd guy ,regardless of who it is, coming off the bench they would all stay fresh.The 2 post guys that are still on the floor should still control the boards.Looking down the road I think small clubs with speed will give this club some trouble.

Guest Abraham
[quote name="whsalum" post="949277" timestamp="1295199260"]
I have a ton of respect for Coach Williams and I know he knows his personell better than I do.That being said when when you play a club that is small and pressures the ball the more ball handlers you have on the floor the better I like your odds.The 3 post players Evadale has are about even in potential with #32 probably the best of the 3.With the 3rd guy ,regardless of who it is, coming off the bench they would all stay fresh.The 2 post guys that are still on the floor should still control the boards.Looking down the road I think small clubs with speed will give this club some trouble.
[/quote]
I've got to jump in on this... I personally like the 3 big men on the floor just for the fact that 2 of the big men have pretty good handles and the 3rd big mans handles arent too bad at all either... Evadale doesnt have an outstanding point guard play so why not put the 3 big men in and have #3 out there shooting the long ball... Your right they wouldn't be able to run and gun near as good as other teams with all guards on the floor, but I like the rebounding odds for sure!!! Who are you to question Coach Williams decision on this?? I'm pretty positive he has WAY more basketball knowledge than you could ever even imagine of having.  ;D

You missed my point Abraham,I wasn't questioning Coach Williams because I said I didn't know his personnell.I was speaking in general terms.If I had 3 post players I would play 2 and have one coming off the bench to keep them all fresh.I think if you can put more guards on the floor against the pressure defenses you have a better chance of being successful.I'm sure Coach Williams puts the best club on the floor that he has, any coach will do that. I am also sure that a quick ,pressure defense will give it trouble.I didn't know we were going to have a basketball test and I don't claim to be a coach but I have been around this game for a very,very long time.

Guest Abraham
[quote name="whsalum" post="949286" timestamp="1295200724"]
You missed my point Abraham,I wasn't questioning Coach Williams because I said I didn't know his personnell.I was speaking in general terms.If I had 3 post players I would play 2 and have one coming off the bench to keep them all fresh.I think if you can put more guards on the floor against the pressure defenses you have a better chance of being successful.I'm sure Coach Williams puts the best club on the floor that he has, any coach will do that. I am also sure that a quick ,pressure defense will give it trouble.I didn't know we were going to have a basketball test and I don't claim to be a coach but I have been around this game for a very,very long time.
[/quote]
Not having a test I was just trying to clear something up which I did so thank you for that... As far as the guards on the floor and one post man switching in and out to stay fresh yes you hold a VERY strong point on this subject, but the case is they seem to play better with more post on the floor so they will have to make do with what they have and bite the nail... thats the disadvantages you face when you are smaller schools you have to make due with what you have.

Guest Abraham
But the question is when are they at there best? when they have the 3 big men out on the court or with 3 guards and 2 post??? Thats the truee question here

[quote name="Abraham" post="949343" timestamp="1295206570"]
But the question is when are they at there best? when they have the 3 big men out on the court or with 3 guards and 2 post??? Thats the truee question here
[/quote]But in a game of matchups, the answer to that question is not always the same.  The 3 on the court depends on the other team's makeup.

Guest Abraham
[quote name="FanintheStands" post="949346" timestamp="1295207405"]
[quote author=Abraham link=topic=78778.msg949343#msg949343 date=1295206570]
[/quote]But in a game of matchups, the answer to that question is not always the same.  The 3 on the court depends on the other team's makeup.
[/quote]
I agree thats the answer to the riddle congrats faninthestands you have won the main prize!!

[quote name="Abraham" post="949366" timestamp="1295210807"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=78778.msg949346#msg949346 date=1295207405]
[quote author=Abraham link=topic=78778.msg949343#msg949343 date=1295206570]
[/quote]
I agree thats the answer to the riddle congrats faninthestands you have won the main prize!!
[/quote]I'll come by and pick up my [i]FickleFingerofFate Award[/i] when I can.  8).... but regarding answering the riddle, that's what we have coaches for! And that's why we pay them the big bucks!  Er.... maybe its because they love the game, because it can't be the money, eh?

Guest Abraham

[/quote]I'll come by and pick up my [i]FickleFingerofFate Award[/i] when I can.  8).... but regarding answering the riddle, that's what we have coaches for! And that's why we pay them the big bucks!   Er.... maybe its because they love the game, because it can't be the money, eh?
[/quote]

Sounds good just stop on by lol  ;D I like your style

Goodrich had fast guards it didn't do them any good  Hull Daisetta had quick guards and a boy with hopps 31 could git up and was rebounding very well for his team our boys just need to not make so many mistakes and play fundamental basketball. 31 also should have fouledout they missed one foul on him in the first period he even tried to shake our coaches hand on the last foul and his coach was quick to tell him get back on the floor. good job their coach had his head in the game.

I have been out for a few days, But I to beleave that a team is better with 3 guards and two post on the floor, but Evadale dose not have a true point guard so they are week a the guard spot. And you are also right that without anyone to let the big players rest it has hurt them late in games were teams have a bigger bench. They seem to get tired.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham