Woodville vs. San Augustine Game Thread/San Augustine wins/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they can, but as I have posted in other threads if you can not play in both tempos you will be in trouble.  Kountze has one gear, CH pushes the ball every time, they may just not take the shot at the end of the fast break.  If you put Kountze in a halfcourt game they will get beat.  Crockett didnt that is why yall beat them.  That is why I said basketball is about matchups. 

Basketball is the most athletic of all sports.  At the same time it is the most skilled.  These two must be measured and combined.  If you can run a 4.2 and cant dribble how effective will you be?  And so many people want to include speed, strength, jumping as the only athletic attributes.  Then I would ask why someone like Steve Nash can win the MVP of the NBA 2 years in a row.  Because he has athletic skills besides running and jumping that are so much further enhanced than anyone in the NBA.  I had a friend who was a trainer with the Dallas Mavericks and he said Steve Nash had the best balance and footwork and hand eye coordination than anyone he had every seen.  He could walk onone of those big bouncing balls back and forth and could pass a heavy weighted basketball at the same time to someone.  The conclusion being that basketball is a combination of alot of athletic skills, not just speed and running and jumping.  EX: Last year New Waverlery probably had the most athletic 2A team in quite a while blowing through the playoffs and even state semi, until Ponder.  No one on Ponder could jump high or run fast, they were average on those skills, but on the other skills they were way above average.  Ponder beat them by 15.  So basketball is not jsut about speed. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4