Which district is better 24 2A or 22 2A??

aTmfan06

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guarantee you CH can play with EC and Kountze.  They will probably meet in the playoffs.  Kountze and EC better be ready to play a different tempo than they are used to and be ready to go up against 4 guys who are 6'5 to 6'6".  They have guards as well.  The only thing holding CH out of the top 10 is their guard play, they are not shooting the ball like they did last year.  It was like someone posted about the Gustufson kid from Hj not being able to find his shot.  It happens, but if CH does they will very hard to beat.  For one you are not going to score over 50 on them and it will more than likely be in the 40's or 30's.  They are tough to score on.  My opinion is that 24-2A has 2 good teams and 22-2A has 4 good teams.  They can play and beat Kountze and EC.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="949832" timestamp="1295297765"]
Only shooting, and when I say struggle.  I mean they are only hitting 1-2 threes a game compared to 3-4 a game.  They handle press just fine.
[/quote]

If they lost to Woodville (at home), then this case is closed...

They would probably even lose to Anahuac from the Kountze/EC district.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="949817" timestamp="1295295135"]
I guarantee you CH can play with EC and Kountze.  They will probably meet in the playoffs.  Kountze and EC better be ready to play a different tempo than they are used to and be ready to go up against 4 guys who are 6'5 to 6'6".  They have guards as well.  The only thing holding CH out of the top 10 is their guard play, they are not shooting the ball like they did last year.  It was like someone posted about the Gustufson kid from Hj not being able to find his shot.  It happens, but if CH does they will very hard to beat.  For one you are not going to score over 50 on them and it will more than likely be in the 40's or 30's.  They are tough to score on.  My opinion is that 24-2A has 2 good teams and 22-2A has 4 good teams.  They can play and beat Kountze and EC.
[/quote]

Your whole post has inaccuracies in it. You said they we're not going to score 50 on them. In your loss against Crockett they scored 62 points on you and you were defeated by 23 pts. You said you have 4 guys who are 6'5" - 6'6". Looking at your roster, it seems that your tallest guy is only 6'5" with the others coming in at 6'3" and 6'4". The reason "utfan06" pointed out guard play is because you will need good guard play to handle the pressure that Kountze applies the whole game. You will rarely face a team that applies pressure like Kountze, trust me. Looking at your schedule, you've only faced TWO athletic teams. Tatum, whom you defeated while the bulk of their team was either still in the football playoffs or fresh off the field. You lost to the other one, Crockett. Kountze forces teams to play THEIR tempo due to the pressure they apply which frustrates even the best of teams.

Crockett is argueablly the number 1 team in the state and they only scored 62 points on them.  Your MIND is full of inaccuracies. Woodville was up as high as a kite for the CH game, that is why they followed with two down games to Woden and SA. They went from being number one in district to tied for 3rd.  They are inconsitent where CH is not. Central Heights can play with anyone in your district.  We will see when the playoffs get here, until then it just an opinion and we are wasting our lives arguing back and forth and Im not an idiot so Im not going to argue with one anymore.

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="949846" timestamp="1295299638"]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=78869.msg949817#msg949817 date=1295295135]
[/quote]

Your whole post has inaccuracies in it. You said they we're not going to score 50 on them. In your loss against Crockett they scored 62 points on you and you were defeated by 23 pts. You said you have 4 guys who are 6'5" - 6'6". Looking at your roster, it seems that your tallest guy is only 6'5" with the others coming in at 6'3" and 6'4". The reason "utfan06" pointed out guard play is because you will need good guard play to handle the pressure that Kountze applies the whole game. You will rarely face a team that applies pressure like Kountze, trust me. Looking at your schedule, you've only faced TWO athletic teams. Tatum, whom you defeated while the bulk of their team was either still in the football playoffs or fresh off the field. You lost to the other one, Crockett. Kountze forces teams to play THEIR tempo due to the pressure they apply which frustrates even the best of teams.
[/quote]You summed up you entire knowledge of basketball in that last post!  Geez.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="949854" timestamp="1295300217"]
Crockett is argueablly the number 1 team in the state and they only scored 62 points on them.  Your MIND is full of inaccuracies. Woodville was up as high as a kite for the CH game, that is why they followed with two down games to Woden and SA. They went from being number one in district to tied for 3rd.  They are inconsitent where CH is not. Central Heights can play with anyone in your district.  We will see when the playoffs get here, until then it just an opinion and we are wasting our lives arguing back and forth and Im not an idiot so Im not going to argue with one anymore.
[/quote]

Are you okay? Are your feelings hurt? As far as I can recall no one on here has called you an idiot.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="949859" timestamp="1295300632"]
I have no allegience to Woden (other than I coached there and like the boys) and I like the way CH plays.  They just dont throw the ball out and run up and down the court.  
[b]That being said, I played at a 2A school that would have drummed you as bad as we wanted, it was a little town called Troup.[/b]
[/quote]

And what relevance does that offer to this discussion of 22-2A and 24-2A?  ???

It was a joke my man.  It has the karma on the side where you can smite someone if you dont like what they say and it gives you good or bad karma.  I was joking. 

And you are from Kountze, I am talking about where I come from, that is the relevance.  I only support Woden beacuse I coached the kids that are playing there the last two years and I like CH because the play good basketball.  Every possession is taken of importance. 
It dosent have anything to do with the 2 districts, just letting you know there is more out there than Kountze.  Evidentally you played at Kountze or wished you did.  Just making a point.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="949867" timestamp="1295301370"]
It was a joke my man.  It has the karma on the side where you can smite someone if you dont like what they say and it gives you good or bad karma.  I was joking. 

And you are from Kountze, I am talking about where I come from, that is the relevance.  I only support Woden beacuse I coached the kids that are playing there the last two years and I like CH because the play good basketball.  Every possession is taken of importance. 
It dosent have anything to do with the 2 districts, just letting you know there is more out there than Kountze.  Evidentally you played at Kountze or wished you did.  Just making a point.
[/quote]

Gotcha.

Born and raised in Kountze. Football, Basketball and Track athlete from 97-00. Kountze Basketball is in my BLOOD!!  :D :D

Thats awesome.  Kountze has always been a power in basketball.  Not so much in football, but basketball for the past 20 years has been pretty solid.  There is alot of good basketball in that region of east texas with Kountze, Buna, Silsbee, HJ, EC, Woodville. Lot of good basketball goes on around there.  EC when I was growing up was in the region tournament 1 year when I was in school. 96-97

I haven't seen Kountze play this year but have seen the others in question.....Central Heights has the ability to do some damage if they play up to their ability...they protect the ball and pound it inside a lot. Sounds like some good basketball is on the way! Kountze is good year in and year out. Watched them at the Drum beat teams will twice their enrollment.

If im not mistaken, Kountze was a small 3A back then.  They have moved in and out of 3A and 2A and I am not sure about 1A.  They were a small 3A though, probably what put them in 2A when they changed enrollments a few years back.  I think it was 04 when they made the major enrollment changes.  I couldnt believe that Palestine and Jasper were 3A schools.  They have almost as many people as Lufkin.  Lufkin population is 30,000.  I think Jasper and Palestine hover around 20,000.  I know the size of town dosent correlate with enrollment but it seems as if it would have some effect.  And Crockett 2A with nearly 10,000 people in their town and Huntinting is a 3A with barely 2,000.  The numbers are just weird. 
I know one think that hurts Huntington as far as enrollment is the Pride school.  I dont know if it would put them in 2A or not, but they include the Pride School in enrollment but no one in the Pride school can participate in Athletics.  That still dosent make since to me. As far as district 18-3A, I wonder who the biggest schools would be?  I would say Jasper, Center, Diboll, Hudson, Huntington, Central, and then Kirbyville.   

[quote name="east texas bb" post="949919" timestamp="1295307249"]
If im not mistaken, Kountze was a small 3A back then.  They have moved in and out of 3A and 2A and I am not sure about 1A.  They were a small 3A though, probably what put them in 2A when they changed enrollments a few years back.  I think it was 04 when they made the major enrollment changes.  I couldnt believe that Palestine and Jasper were 3A schools.  They have almost as many people as Lufkin.  Lufkin population is 30,000.  I think Jasper and Palestine hover around 20,000.  I know the size of town dosent correlate with enrollment but it seems as if it would have some effect.  And Crockett 2A with nearly 10,000 people in their town and Huntinting is a 3A with barely 2,000.  The numbers are just weird. 
I know one think that hurts Huntington as far as enrollment is the Pride school.  I dont know if it would put them in 2A or not, but they include the Pride School in enrollment but no one in the Pride school can participate in Athletics.  That still dosent make since to me. As far as district 18-3A, I wonder who the biggest schools would be?  I would say Jasper, Center, Diboll, Hudson, Huntington, Central, and then Kirbyville.   
[/quote]The Pride school varies usually from 75-125....they have to count the numbers to get funding...there has been a few times that would have dropped them down if it hadn't been for Pride.

Well it would probably make a difference in football, I dont know how big a difference in basketball it would make because there are some good 2A teams around.  I know they need the funding but they should at least be able to participate if they are going to include them in enrollment. I knew it was close to 100.  The way enrollment is varying in the past years 3A numbers at the top just keep going up.  It was topped out at 899, now it is 989.  The biggest disparity is 5A, there cutoff is 2,059 and there are some schools like I mention and not just them that have 4-5 thousand kids.  That is 2000 more kids to choose from to make a team.  So basically it is 2 schools combined and they take the best from those and get a team whereas the smaller school has there 2,000 and that its. Little unfair to me.  I know they have talked about and tinkered with 6A, IDK if that is the answer or not.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4