Port Neches-Groves vs. Vidor/Vidor wins/Comments

WOSgrad

Lots of technical fouls for sure, but it was easy for the refs to blow those whistles, lets see; one on the PNG coach, not sure what he said, but he was really barking at the official; one for cussing from a PNG player (he said it to the ref on a foul call); one on a PNG player for remarks made to an official; one double technical for taunting (PNG and Vidor both got one).  There could have been more, one PNG player was mouthing off to the Vidor coach while a Vidor player was shooting a technical free throw.  I expected more class out of the PNG players than I saw that night.  Did the officials call a good game?  Not in my opinion, but the calls went both ways and neither team got any advantage from the guys in stripes.

[quote name="texas2step4u" post="952011" timestamp="1295579121"]
Lots of technical fouls for sure, but it was easy for the refs to blow those whistles, lets see; one on the PNG coach, not sure what he said, but he was really barking at the official; one for cussing from a PNG player (he said it to the ref on a foul call); one on a PNG player for remarks made to an official; one double technical for taunting (PNG and Vidor both got one).  There could have been more, one PNG player was mouthing off to the Vidor coach while a Vidor player was shooting a technical free throw.  I expected more class out of the PNG players than I saw that night.  Did the officials call a good game?  Not in my opinion, but the calls went both ways and neither team got any advantage from the guys in stripes.
[/quote]
I agree

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32