Which Local Players signed with Lamar Football?

[quote name="D3zii" post="950815" timestamp="1295408097"]
Only 3 players from this area..Smh,,Lamar Is loseing out on some good Talent in SETX,,Hopefully they Sign more by Feburary 2
[/quote]

They don't have very many openings. About 13 players will be signed with this class.

That is including the 7 guys who have already signed and are in spring drills and these 3 high schoolers.

While there are guys capable of playing at LU, there are just no spots. Next year, lots of seniors are leaving.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="951045" timestamp="1295450487"]
I am hearing that LaFredrick Ford is coming to Lamar........done deal with the exception of actually signing!!!!!
[/quote]

That would be a huge pick up for next year! Last I heard, he was being pursued by all of the southland schools!

Don't forget the junior lineman out of Hardin Jefferson that is committed to us.

Personally, I think Coach Woodard and staff have done a great job recruiting the golden triangle also. Sure, guys want to get away from home, but we've gotten good talent from nearly every school in the area.

Man, if he signs with Lamar he could own every single rushing record at Lamar. AAW you are right, there is no way he comes here without Jeremy Johnson.

This would be huge for the program! Our rushing attack just got 100% better as we will have WO-S' All-Time leading rusher in Garrett and Kirbyville's All-time leading rusher in Ford.

Man, I am pumped about this coming season as SHSU showed a freshman RB can make a different in the SLC race. I think we have the potential to have the best offense in the SLC. With some improvement on defense we could challenge for the SLC title in our 2nd year.

When are season tickets going on sell?  ;D

http://wn.com/RB_LeFrederick_Ford_

If Ford were to sign with Lamar, that would have the Cards getting the top two players (accolade wise) from this area the last two years. Johnson was a Willie Ray Smith winner along with being the SETXsports.com MVP and Super team MVP. Ford is this year's Super Team and SETXsports.com MVP and should win the Willie Ray Smith award.

That's getting the best of the area.

As a former "local" Lamar athlete that won't fly and the coaches know that.  If they want local talent they have to treat them like they are anyone else.  This has been part of the problem with the basketball program.  They have lost several kids who were locals that they thought they could get to walk on and they ended up going to another southland school and biting them in the behind.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="951147" timestamp="1295458787"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=78972.msg951045#msg951045 date=1295450487]
I am hearing that LaFredrick Ford is coming to Lamar........done deal with the exception of actually signing!!!!!
[/quote]

LAZEEK are you getting all this information from the folks at Debb's Liquor on College Street?????????
[/quote]

Nope......getting it from one of the same sources that said JJ was coming to Lamar about 2-3 months ago!!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="951201" timestamp="1295464238"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=78972.msg951147#msg951147 date=1295458787]
[/quote]

LAZEEK are you getting all this information from the folks at Debb's Liquor on College Street?????????
[/quote]

Nope......getting it from one of the same sources that said JJ was coming to Lamar about 2-3 months ago!!!!!
[/quote]

And the same source that say's LU will be in the WAC in 2012?

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="951293" timestamp="1295472895"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=78972.msg951201#msg951201 date=1295464238]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=78972.msg951147#msg951147 date=1295458787]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And the same source that say's LU will be in the WAC in 2012?
[/quote

Nope different source!!!! ;) ;) ;)

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="951274" timestamp="1295471018"]
We can have all of the offensive firepower in the world, but you have to know how to use it. We have the same OC as last year. Hopefully this next year will be different.
[/quote]

Last year we have offensive and defensive line issues. I believe they addressed this during recruiting as we added a transfer from Missouri, 2 juco All-Conference lineman, a verbal from a SETXsports.com 2nd team and Beaumont Enterprise 1st Team O-lineman from West Brook and there is a rumor of another SETXsports.com 1st Team and Beaumont Enterprise 1st Team O-lineman from Kirbyville.

Having better players an the offensive line with help with the run game and passing attack. We are deep at the WR position so adding 2 quality RB's and a FBS transfer at QB will only help.

[quote name="sleepy" post="951190" timestamp="1295463424"]
As a former "local" Lamar athlete that won't fly and the coaches know that.  If they want local talent they have to treat them like they are anyone else.  This has been part of the problem with the basketball program.  They have lost several kids who were locals that they thought they could get to walk on and they ended up going to another southland school and biting them in the behind.
[/quote]

glad to hear that

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43