What College program reminds you of your HighSchool basketball team?

Betrayed

Hardin Jefferson reminds me of Duke. Well.coached, disciplined, less athletic, but high IQ basketball players.

Silsbee reminds me of any current team Calapari is coaching. Always the most talented, get there but can't seem to never win it all. (Memphis, Kentucky

Central is like Tennessee.  Im just saying

Ozen reminds me of Georgetown.

Hamshire Fannett reminds me of Lamar. Have talent but coach is similar to Roc!!

I would be hesitant to compare any HS program to a college one.  Simple because one program recruits and the other (for the most part) dosent recruit.  I you are going to say that one school is like any Calapri team that blankets a lot of schools, same for HS that have won titles.  There are alot of programs out there that have won titles.  Ponder reminds me most of Duke, where ever Coach Boxell went he won.  He is a heck of coach, he would be on my top list of coaches.  I was glad and saddened to see him go from HS to college.  I know it was a great step for him, but it was a blow to the coaching community.  He was probably the most revered coach in the State.  I have looked and looked for game tapes with him and his teams, I have one, I tried to order some state tournament games but they told me they were sold out.  If anyone knows where I can get some tapes and make a copy of Ponder or Sanger playing when he was  there let me know.  If anyone has some HJ tapes, I would like to copy them as well.

Silsbee to the older Arkansas "40 minutes of hell" teams. Great athletes. Love to press. Well coached. Reached the final 4 a time or two. Was always close but never won it.

Nederland to Pitt. Very good defensively. Strong inside. Never scores a lot of points but grinds it out and wins a lot of close games. Haven't won anything yet but well coached and the program is on the up.

[quote name="Scalabrine" post="951369" timestamp="1295483046"]
Hardin Jefferson reminds me of Duke. Well.coached, disciplined, less athletic, but high IQ basketball players.

Silsbee reminds me of any current team Calapari is coaching. Always the most talented, get there but can't seem to never win it all. (Memphis, Kentucky

[b]Central is like Tennessee.  Im just saying[/b]

[/quote]What are yo saying?

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="951668" timestamp="1295536978"]
Silsbee to the older Arkansas "40 minutes of heck" teams. Great athletes. Love to press. Well coached. Reached the final 4 a time or two. Was always close but never won it.

Nederland to Pitt. Very good defensively. Strong inside. Never scores a lot of points but grinds it out and wins a lot of close games. Haven't won anything yet but well coached and the program is on the up.
[/quote] Arkansas has won it one time.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="951734" timestamp="1295543613"]
[quote author=Scalabrine link=topic=78995.msg951369#msg951369 date=1295483046]

[/quote]Head coach and player problems. On and off the court!

[quote name="Scalabrine" post="951782" timestamp="1295548331"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=78995.msg951734#msg951734 date=1295543613]

[/quote]Oh really...  Explain this.  This is new information to me.  But one thing that I do know for sure that there is NO speculating on...  Central whipped your H-J hawks (you didn't know I knew you were a H-J fan, did you?  ;) ) this year. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="951819" timestamp="1295552749"]
[quote author=Scalabrine link=topic=78995.msg951782#msg951782 date=1295548331]
K

[/quote]Oh really...  Explain this.  This is new information to me.  But one thing that I do know for sure that there is NO speculating on...  Central whipped your H-J hawks (you didn't know I knew you were a H-J fan, did you?  ;) ) this year. 
[/quote][quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=78995.msg951819#msg951819 date=1295552749]

[/quote][quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=78995.msg951819#msg951819 date=1295552749]

[/quote]Beating Hj is not the team on your schedule you should be worried about whipping. Did you know whipping Hj early on and not doing much after that will not get you into the playoffs. You didn't know that I knew that huh? Lol

Stick with the small school ball talk.  You have no idea what you are talking about.  Jags may not be doing as good as I would expect them to do, but rest assure, they will make the playoffs.  Unlike the small school H-J, We have 4 teams from each district that makes the playoffs.  (but I'm sure you already knew that  ::) ::) )

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="951841" timestamp="1295554779"]
Stick with the small school ball talk.  You have no idea what you are talking about.   Jags may not be doing as good as I would expect them to do, but rest assure, they will make the playoffs.  Unlike the small school H-J, We have 4 teams from each district that makes the playoffs.  (but I'm sure you already knew that   ::) ::) )
[/quote]

Why would you be proud of the fact that 4A lets 4 teams into the playoffs.  That just places less importance on district games.  Why not let everyone in and everyone can be proud and feel good about themselves.  It just makes making the playoffs less important when you allow more teams in.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="951851" timestamp="1295555765"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=78995.msg951841#msg951841 date=1295554779]
Stick with the small school ball talk.  You have no idea what you are talking about.   Jags may not be doing as good as I would expect them to do, but rest assure, they will make the playoffs.  Unlike the small school H-J, We have 4 teams from each district that makes the playoffs.  (but I'm sure you already knew that   ::) ::) )
[/quote]

Why would you be proud of the fact that 4A lets 4 teams into the playoffs.  That just places less importance on district games.  Why not let everyone in and everyone can be proud and feel good about themselves.  It just makes making the playoffs less important when you allow more teams in.
[/quote]That's a totaly different subject.  And who said I was proud.  It is what it is.  the goal of every team weather it is a 1a team or a 4a team is to make the playoffs.  Get in the playoffs and lets see what happens...

[quote name="Scalabrine" post="951859" timestamp="1295556943"]
Hj is in a district with Silsbee, which can probaly beat every team in your district or around here. I guess u knew that too.
[/quote]Ummm...  Do more research.  Silsbee have already lost to Ozen, with since you didn't know, is in the top rung of our district.  Stay in your little district and keep riding Silsbee's coat tail... And get your knowlege up...  :-* :-*

[quote name="east texas bb" post="951861" timestamp="1295557375"]
The goal of every HS should be to win a State Championship. 
[/quote]You have to make the playoffs first.  (first goal) Then you have to win 5 playoff games (second goal).  Then you have go for winning state. (ultimate goal).  (I feel stupid having to break this down like this...)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="951862" timestamp="1295557955"]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=78995.msg951861#msg951861 date=1295557375]
The goal of every HS should be to win a State Championship. 
[/quote]You have to make the playoffs first.  (first goal) Then you have to win 5 playoff games (second goal).  Then you have go for winning state. (ultimate goal).  (I feel stupid having to break this down like this...)
[/quote]
:o :o :o :o :o

[quote name="CATMAN" post="951388" timestamp="1295484214"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=78995.msg951374#msg951374 date=1295483222]
HJ reminds me of Gonzaga more than Duke.
[/quote] And BS reminds me of Billy Bob Thornton :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
[/quote]

Catman reminds me of Jethro Clampett!

Kountze-Syracuse
HJ-Duke (I guess)
Silsbee-Pitt
HF-Weber St.
Jasper-SMU
Ozen-Mich. St.
Central-Oklahoma St
West Brook-A&M
Evadale-St. Mary's
Pa Memorial-Marquette
WOS-George Mason
Nederland-Gonzaga
Vidor-Ol Miss
Bridge City-Lamar
Orangefield-SE Oklahoma St.
East Chambers-Louisville
Buna-NC St.
Kirbyville-Montana St College for the Blind

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4

• If your point was to lie about me, you succeeded. Congratulations. You must feel like a winner, aka Harry Reid.
    • Read it all - good info - thanks
    • Two political opponents pointing to each other and calling each other a liar…..  Is like two roosters fighting  and then pointing to the other and calling him a chicken. 
    • Trump was indicted for his activities on January 6. He appealed the indictment to the District Court (trial court) and the way I read it, they pretty much said he has no immunity, period. So he appealed to the Circuit Court which is not a trial court, but is a constitutional court one step below the US Supreme Court. Both the District Court and the Circuit Court denied even reviewing the case. I believe they simply said that a former president has no such immunity. The US Supreme Court then took up the case on a constitutional basis. Remember at this point there has been no trial so no facts of the case have come out. It has been only appeals on the constitutionality of immunity. The Supreme Court ruling today said that the president has absolute immunity for constitutional authority (conclusive and preclusive).  What that means to me is, if it’s something the Constitution gives him the authority to do, he absolutely cannot have charges filed against him. An easy example that I can think of is the Constitution makes him the commander-in-chief of the military. So if a president authorizes the military to do something such as Reagan authorizing the bombing of Libya in retaliation for terrorist attacks, the president cannot be sued or held to criminal charges because some civilians in Libya got killed. That is his authority as commander-in-chief and protection of the country. The Supreme Court then ruled that the president has presumed official acts immunity. A presumption under law in a case such as this means that it is assumed that the person accused, such as a president, is not guilty. The presumption is that he followed the law. The presumption does allow however for the prosecution to try and prove by a preponderance of the evidence that the presumption does not exist. The person accused does not have to prove anything. The president does not have to prove that he had immunity. The prosecution has to prove that more likely yes than no that he didn’t have immunity. So technically there’s an opening to prosecute but you start out with the presumption that the person accused is not guilty with nothing to prove. As an example, the president has wide authority in many areas including issuing some executive orders. Those are authorities as official acts. If the president was to do something like order the unjustified jailing of a political opponent in an upcoming election and order the opponent held in Gitmo to keep from campaigning, that would not be included under an official act immunity. So it is possible to overcome the presumption of immunity but it will take quite a bit of work.  The president has no immunity whatsoever that is outside of constitutional authority or an official act. As an example of the president gets drunk and manages to sneak past his Secret Service bodyguard. He gets in the car and drives DWI and kills someone. That is not covered under an official act so he could be held accountable for a homicide. So…. For constitutional authorities, the president has absolute immunity. For an official act, he has presumed immunity. Anything outside of a constitutional or official act, such as driving DWI, has no immunity. In this ruling the Supreme Court vacated the indictment because the District Court, and the Circuit Court did not even consider immunity. The Supreme Court did not clear Trump because at this point they have not even heard the evidence. All they issued was a constitutional ruling that the lower courts have to at least consider immunity under the rule that they just established. Therefore the case goes back to the prosecution to bring a case at the trial court level and try to prove that whatever Trump is accused of, it was not an official act. Certainly the DOJ could read this Supreme Court ruling and drop the case, saying that they cannot overcome immunity. I’m not going to hold my breath, waiting for the DOJ to come to that conclusion. Simply disagreeing with a president actions does not disprove immunity. I disagreed with some of the things that Biden did such as ordering vaccines for some workers. Some of that was appealed and the courts threw out some of those mandates, especially under OSHSA. I don’t think Biden could be prosecuted however for issuing an executive order to one of his federal agencies because that is probably covered under an official act immunity. Not liking it does not automatically qualified as a crime. Therefore…. Can the DOJ try to again get an indictment against Trump and try to prove in court that he is not covered by one of the immunities listed? Yes. The Supreme Court  has stated that under their ruling absolute immunity must be taken into consideration for a constitutional act and presumed immunity must be taken into consideration for an official act. Let’s just say that the DOJ pushed this case again and convince the trial court and the appeals court that Trump has no immunity and they get a criminal conviction. At their discretion, the Supreme Court can take this case up again since the trial would have been held and the Supreme Court could see how the lower courts came to their conclusion. The Supreme Court could agree that with the lower courts that there was no immunity and a conviction stands or they could say, y'all weren't paying attention to our ruling and they can throw the whole case out. If you don’t want to read all of that……  To date the ruling is, yes a former president has immunity from what he did in office and by law that must be taken into consideration under the rules that the Supreme Court just set. The rest will play out in the future. 
  • Topics