LU vs. NW State/ LU LOSES, 79-69, shooting 23%!!!!!!

MFFL's comment is correct the only point in the game that Lamar looked like a team was when Custer and Brown were in the game together in the second half.  Don't misunderstand I don't think Custer is anything special but why won't Roc try to play with three big guys in the game at one time?  Harris's game is driving to the basket and throwing up wild shots hoping to get fouled.  Miles is simalar.  Adams is very streaky, his shot is too flat.  Lamb hustles like mad but was too undersized compared to Northwest.  No one shoots the ten to fifteen footer.  No movement on offense.

Tidwell said earlier in the week that he watched the men's team practice and they looked hungry, if that's the case he must of bought them some Mickey D's because they sure weren't hungry tonight. This team is poorly coached, undisciplined and very very up and down with their shooting. IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!!!

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="955523" timestamp="1296100852"]
Its not even fun to watch anymore. When you watch them you notice so many little fundamentals the players haven't been taught and so many things about players minutes. Its not fun. I have no faith in Roc anymore.
[/quote]

5 years has been enough..............I will try to start a chant at the next game I go to (If I go to another one) about BCG, BCG, BCG!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

BCG!!! BCG!!! BCG!!! BCG!!! BCG!!! BCG!!! BCG!!! BCG!!!

I also listened to Roc's post game interview with Dave, it was pathetic!!

"The right players played"

What he is saying, "It's not my fault, never has been, never will be"

I'll admit, shooting 23% will lose just about 98% of your games. But continue to jack up 3's (shot 30 of them), instead of working the ball for better opportunities (which could have helped the shooting percentage) is on Roc. They don't do any cutting or screening along the baseline and I don't think Roc knows what a give-and-go is.

To have never led in a home game against NSU just about says it all.

BCG, PLEASE!!!!!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="955548" timestamp="1296103765"]
WRONG...........LU shot 20% as a team for a season in like 62-63 and went 5-19!!!!!!  That is about a winning percentage of 20%!!!!  So that blows your losing percentage of 98% of the time out the water!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I heard Dave talking about that and he was questioning how they could have shot 20% for the season and scored over 80 points in 8 of the 24 games. I am not so sure that was accurate info given to Dave and I believe Dave that so as well. ;)

Guest tappedout
It will be tough for them to win many game's when you have to depend on the guard's to do everything. They do not have one big man that is a offensive threat. Lamb can't finish inside and is only about 6'1. I can't believe they have not recruited any good big men. We have a lot of guard's but no size. I hear people complaining about M.James not playing enough but he is not doing much once he get's into the game. He need's to move in a little closer to the 3 point line. He shoot's the ball from way too deep. Whenever he goes to the basket he is out of control. He had 4 offensive foul's last night. He was cussing whenever he came out of the game both times but he's gotta play better. Roc feel's the heat and know's it's just a matter of time before he's gone. I heard at halftime Roc was kicking and throwing stuff around like a wild man.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="955546" timestamp="1296103576"]
BCG!!! BCG!!! BCG!!! BCG!!! BCG!!! BCG!!! BCG!!! BCG!!!

I also listened to Roc's post game interview with Dave, it was pathetic!!

"The right players played"

What he is saying, "It's not my fault, never has been, never will be"

I'll admit, shooting 23% will lose just about 98% of your games. But continue to jack up 3's (shot 30 of them), instead of working the ball for better opportunities (which could have helped the shooting percentage) is on Roc. They don't do any cutting or screening along the baseline and I don't think Roc knows what a give-and-go is.

To have never led in a home game against NSU just about says it all.

BCG, PLEASE!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

BCG did a ESPN radio interview very recently talking about Texas high school basketball.  He said Buna was a great basketball town and that the coach from there changed the way the UIL handled high school basketball players by letting them attend summer camps.  Texas Tech may be looking for a new coach this spring too but who knows, maybe Tubbs has some pull.  Joining the WAC would definitely be a plus.  BCG started at UTEP when they were in the WAC.

Glad I didn't drive over from Houston to see this game. Those "over and back" drives are really long, especially on a week night. I'm a Montagne season ticket holder since it was built...and at times a ROC defender on this site. I'll keep my season tix as long as I have a job because I love lamar...but no more defending the state of this program. It seems to be close to anarchy.
Interestingly, their conference record is not really all that bad. A tight, motivated well coached team could still be in the race with this record. But there's little evidence that is the case with this team. Too bad.

[quote name="LamarTech" post="956109" timestamp="1296176651"]
Glad I didn't drive over from Houston to see this game. Those "over and back" drives are really long, especially on a week night. I'm a Montagne season ticket holder since it was built...and at times a ROC defender on this site. I'll keep my season tix as long as I have a job because I love lamar...but no more defending the state of this program. It seems to be close to anarchy.
Interestingly, their conference record is not really all that bad. A tight, motivated well coached team could still be in the race with this record. But there's little evidence that is the case with this team. Too bad.
[/quote]

Wait. Why buy season tickets if you don't go to the games?

Why not just donate your money to the dept so they can do whatever they want with it?

With the right kind of coach, assuming the players are not as basketball stupid as they play some nights this team could very easily only have two losses.  Heck last night they were still in the game until the last two and half minutes shooting 23%.  Old sayin a great coach can always produce a decent team even with mediocre talent a bad coach can make great talent loose.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham