Freshman Weisbrod making a difference at Nederland

Kid is a beast in the paint for a freshman and will be something to watch out for next year and so on..

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="960797" timestamp="1296774008"]
That pic is different on the net than the one in the paper today. The one in the paper looks like a seasoned veteran, [b]can't wait to see him on the diamond.[/b]
[/quote]

He aint too bad there either ;)

He had 15 pts and 12 boards against Livingston the other night. If Nederland didn't already have 3 other players over 6'5", he'd be a bigger part of the puzzle. He'll be 'the man in the middle' for them next year, and the next, and the next. This year he is more of a role player. Definitely a top Freshman in the area. He's just being overshadowed by the upper classmen this year...

[quote name="ballin4life" post="961269" timestamp="1296875269"]
with all the talk about C.BOSHA i would have thought more people would comment on this subject.But congrads to ONE of the best freshmans in SETX. :D
[/quote]

I mentioned his name on that thread last week, but nobody responded-probably b/c most of those on that thread have not seen him play yet (or not much). He's solid.

[quote name="cooligan" post="961284" timestamp="1296878949"]
Me too ballin. RCSSPORTS has Weisbrod as #26 on top 40 list as fresh. Bosha didn't make the list. Just don't mention same to he HJ faithful.  ;D  
[/quote]

I have seen the kid play and he is a very good player and will be a major part of the Bulldog team in the next 4 years.

As far as the rankings go.............I don't see anything but Privates, 5A and 4A on those rankings.  Small school kids don't get the recognition unless they play AAU ball.  Plus that sight is a GREATER HOUSTON AREA site!!!!

That being said I would still take Bosha!!!!! ;)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="961400" timestamp="1296928825"]
[quote author=cooligan link=topic=79748.msg961284#msg961284 date=1296878949]
Me too ballin. RCSSPORTS has Weisbrod as #26 on top 40 list as fresh. Bosha didn't make the list. Just don't mention same to he HJ faithful.  ;D  
[/quote]

I have seen the kid play and he is a very good player and will be a major part of the Bulldog team in the next 4 years.

As far as the rankings go.............I don't see anything but Privates, 5A and 4A on those rankings.  Small school kids don't get the recognition unless they play AAU ball.  Plus that sight is a GREATER HOUSTON AREA site!!!!

That being said I would still take Bosha!!!!! ;)

[/quote]

I have not seen Weisbrod play but I have see Bosha.  Bosha is an exceptional Freshman in Class 3-A.  The Hawks basketball program is going to be solid for at least the next 3 years as Bosha develops his considerable talents.  I hope that Weisbrod is as good for Nederland. 8)

• 3 weeks later...
Bosha is ranked #52 on that poll. He played AAU basketball with Ozen players in Houston last summer.  Hey, we will take that and run with it! Not to bad for a 6'3 freshman ( in class 3a) whose about  25 lbs under weight. Congrats to the Nederland freshman. That's awesome!

[quote name="cbosha" post="969515" timestamp="1298311448"]
Bosha is ranked #52 on that poll. He played AAU basketball with Ozen players in Houston last summer.  Hey, we will take that and run with it! Not to bad for a 6'3 freshman ( in class 3a) whose about  25 lbs under weight. Congrats to the Nederland freshman. That's awesome!
[/quote]

Bosha will definately be someone to watch the next three years but as far as his weight ,  he does look like he would break in half in a collision under the basket.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32