Evadale vs. Sabine Pass Game Thread/Evadale wins/Comments

WOSgrad

The SP coach tried the strategy of placing a man to man on #3 Devon Murphy and playing a 2-2 zone with the rest of his team during most of the first half. I have not seen the stats but I know it held #3 to not too many points in the half, but it exposed the middle to Dunigan, Stark and Tucker and they did the damage in the before intermission.

It was a complete game including a shut down defensive effort allowing only 2 points in the second quarter for the Sharks. Coach L has the team making adjustments and shuffling personnel to keep the team fresh. With three games left and 2 district games (Big Sandy & West Hardin) and 1 against Leggett I believe that the Rebels will win out and take the district crown. Once that is done then it will be up to the team to take the next step and elevate their play for the playoffs. I see great things in store for this team and they have worked hard to position themselves for a run.

Several members of this team have been on varsity since they were freshmen. They went from only winning a couple of games all the way to where they are now. Evadale basketball once was a powerhouse that got noticed. It seems that those days have come back.

Just to let people know they the Rebels are here to stay, the Rebels will graduate 6 seniors but they have the following coming back for 2011-2012. Murphy leading scoring (starter), Brandon Bruce - point guard (starter), Shawn Totten - wing/guard (starter), Kyle Taylor - post, Brandon Burford - guard plus several guys on the JV that will fill the holes nicely next season. So the Rebels will just reload next season, not rebuild.

When you graduate 6 starters from 1-a club there is definitely going to be some rebuilding.The first things the Rebs will see is defenses geared to taking away Murphy from the perimeter.If he spends a ton of time this summer working on creating his own shot he can be successful.The defense you described is one of the oldest in the game, has lots of names but most call it a box in one.When played correctly it can defend the middle very well if the offensive club doesn't have anyone else that can shoot the mid to long range jumper.The Rebels should be congratulated for their win but don't read more in to it than it was.It was a win against a club who couldn't match up with them.

[quote name="whsalum" post="961969" timestamp="1297009495"]
When you graduate 6 starters from 1-a club there is definitely going to be some rebuilding.The first things the Rebs will see is defenses geared to taking away Murphy from the perimeter.If he spends a ton of time this summer working on creating his own shot he can be successful.The defense you described is one of the oldest in the game, has lots of names but most call it a box in one.When played correctly it can defend the middle very well if the offensive club doesn't have anyone else that can shoot the mid to long range jumper.The Rebels should be congratulated for their win but don't read more in to it than it was.It was a win against a club who couldn't match up with them.
[/quote] So after Evadale beats Legget this week, they will have beaten all 3  top teams in that Dist. Will you then give them the credit that they are the best 1a team in this area?? Are will it just be another win over a team that just couldnt match up?? ;D

Come on True it was a win over Sabine Pass, following a loss to Hull Daisetta.Evadale has a playoff team this year but I don't see them making huge strides in the playoffs.They won't see many teams like Sabine Pass or Hull Daisetta in the playoffs.Just curious,have you ever been to a game in Leggett?If not you're in for an experience.Don't be surprised if the coach is buying popcorn for the officials.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="962069" timestamp="1297027714"]
I was told @ the BS game Sat.by a HD fan  that the Evadale boys talk trash to the HD player and the Evadale coach was having a fit on the bench about some of the calls made by the ref.
So be cool in REDHORSE that all they need to get it going.
[/quote]Ive found that you need to be careful repeating what youve heard to be the truth.  Ive been told that HD has some trash talkers of their own, so which is true, what youve heard or what Ive heard?  Both? Neither?  My point is, you can bet HD thinks Evadale is dirty or trashy and Evadale thinks the same about HD.  SP thinks High Island plays dirty and vice versa.  We hate Buna and they dont like us too much either...and on and on.  Its a lame point to throw what youve heard into the equation, only what you KNOW.  Ill try to be careful to do the same.

[quote name="DVILLE-GORILLA" post="962217" timestamp="1297053716"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=79833.msg962069#msg962069 date=1297027714]
I was told @ the BS game Sat.by a HD fan  that the Evadale boys talk trash to the HD player and the Evadale coach was having a fit on the bench about some of the calls made by the ref.
[/quote]Ive found that you need to be careful repeating what youve heard to be the truth.  Ive been told that HD has some trash talkers of their own, so which is true, what youve heard or what Ive heard?  Both? Neither?  My point is, you can bet HD thinks Evadale is dirty or trashy and Evadale thinks the same about HD.  SP thinks High Island plays dirty and vice versa.  We hate Buna and they dont like us too much either...and on and on.  Its a lame point to throw what youve heard into the equation, only what you KNOW.  Ill try to be careful to do the same.
[/quote] What u are saying the hd fan dont no what he talking about.Where u @ the game.

I dont know if he was at the game ,but I was, set first row behind the Evadale bench. And the only time the Evadale coach had anything to say to the Ref is when Evadale was shoting FTs It was a 2 shot foul and the refs let the HD player take the first miss and run up the floor. But they cought that misstake and Evadale shot their 2 shot. And as far as the bad mouthing The HD players were running their mouths from the tip off just as much as the Rebs.  But that game was last week and HD better get ready to play SP because if they loss again they can watch everone else play in the play offs.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="962225" timestamp="1297054445"]
[quote author=DVILLE-GORILLA link=topic=79833.msg962217#msg962217 date=1297053716]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=79833.msg962069#msg962069 date=1297027714]
[/quote] What u are saying the hd fan dont no what he talking about.Where u @ the game.
[/quote]What u are saying the evadale fan dont no what he talking about.Where u @the game.

[quote name="whsalum" post="962021" timestamp="1297019909"]
Come on True it was a win over Sabine Pass, following a loss to Hull Daisetta.Evadale has a playoff team this year but I don't see them making huge strides in the playoffs.They won't see many teams like Sabine Pass or Hull Daisetta in the playoffs.Just curious,have you ever been to a game in Leggett?If not you're in for an experience.Don't be surprised if the coach is buying popcorn for the officials.
[/quote] I know it was just a win over a team that could not match up. But You have not gave them the credit of having a good team all year. They played all bigger schools in preseason and play them well, they have beaten Goodrich, Spurger, and next they play Legget. So I was just asking ,if they beat Legget at their home will you then give them the credit that they deserve??

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham