Hardin-Jefferson vs. Orangefield Game Thread/H-J wins/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="setxslam" post="961636" timestamp="1296951863"]
Listened on KOGT, and it sounded like we didn't exactly kick butt today.  Missing the front end of three straight one-and-ones late was not clutch.  But we'll take the W, thank goodness.
[/quote]What was ironic is that I don't think HJ missed a free throw before that 4th quarter drought. 

This game was a good example of some of the poor refereeing that people have complained about.

Joe Persohn fouls while laying flat on his back.  I guess its illegal to protect your face from being stepped on.

Coach Sutherland is able to call a timeout while the loose ball is going out of bounds.

One thing I could say is that the referees were pretty poor for both teams..... although sometimes I wondered.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="961784" timestamp="1296963974"]
Hawks almost beat themselves tonight........refs had nothing to do with it, but they were TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!! 
[/quote]Agreed!

But it is especially ironic (and perhaps frustrating) to sit near a group of people that see a foul (or traveling call) that should have been called on the other team every 3.4 seconds, but when a foul is called against our team, they scream, "[i]C'mon, ref, let the kids play[/i]".

Although special kudos goes to the guy who asked the ref's, "[i]who's minding the foot locker while you two are gone[/i]"?  :D

[quote name="dogs1218" post="961795" timestamp="1296965042"]
I dont wanna be too disrespectful to OF but....... Something didnt go right when HJ only won by 2
[/quote]HJ went flat in the 4th.  I think they were up 43-32 and the next thing you know, its 43-43.  HJ figured the game was over with an 11 point lead over a mediocre team, but somebody forgot to tell Orangefield.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="961799" timestamp="1296965174"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=79841.msg961795#msg961795 date=1296965042]
I dont wanna be too disrespectful to OF but....... Something didnt go right when HJ only won by 2
[/quote]HJ went flat in the 4th.  I think they were up 43-32 and the next thing you know, its 43-43.  HJ figured the game was over with an 11 point lead over a mediocre team, but somebody forgot to tell Orangefield.
[/quote]

Sounds like the Nederland game tonight, but they never let the game get tied, except at tip-off :D

[quote name="dogs1218" post="961795" timestamp="1296965042"]
[/quote]

HJ led by 15 in the 3rd.......went cold and got selfish!!!  Glad to see that when someone did something they were asked not to do, that the HJ coaching staff pulled the player!!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="961808" timestamp="1296965633"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=79841.msg961795#msg961795 date=1296965042]
[/quote]

HJ led by 15 in the 3rd.......went cold and got selfish!!!  Glad to see that when someone did something they were asked not to do, that the HJ coaching staff pulled the player!!!!!
[/quote]

Thats called never missing a chance to discipline players a teach a lesson ;) Rick Barnes did the same kind of thing tonight when Thompson missed a dunk.. He pulled him and made sure he never gave up 2 points just to be fancy..

But at least HJ came out with the win

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham