Lamar, SHS not primary WAC targets

If LU can raise the funds necessary to be competitive and expand PU, improve VB, and add the necessary sports with good facilities, then with a metro population of 350k, there's nor reason Lamar can't support a FBS program and be a target of the WAC, Sun Belt or, hold on to your britches boys, a CUSA.  It will take the money to do this.  I believe in Dr. Simmons.  I hope that the big money guys do as well.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigred360" post="964661" timestamp="1297454543"]
Sorry, I want no part of a SLC with ACU or any other DII school moving up.
[/quote]

You sound like a Techster not wanting to be with lowly Lamar if they move up...whats the difference, Red?  Both schools trying to "go bigger" in athletics?  Why the double standard?

[quote name="puddin tane" post="965116" timestamp="1297486196"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=80070.msg964661#msg964661 date=1297454543]
Sorry, I want no part of a SLC with ACU or any other DII school moving up.
[/quote]

You sound like a Techster not wanting to be with lowly Lamar if they move up...whats the difference, Red?  Both schools trying to "go bigger" in athletics?  Why the double standard?
[/quote]

You should check out ACU's athletic programs before you assume they can't get the job done. They could play each of Lamar's teams today and contend and possibly even win. Tarleton State is another one that could probably move up to the SLC.

And puddin, agreed.

The school will have to go down the same path as UCA did so they won't be eligible for post season in any sport for 4 years. Plus, they are getting DII athletes that can't get into a DI school due to academic issues.

It is funny how UCA was kicking tail in the SLC their first couple of seasons due to having guys on the team that wouldn't be if they were a DI school the whole time.

Secondly, I have grown tired of having others leave the SLC and Lamar content to stay. We are talking about La Tech, Arkansas State, NE Louisiana, SW Louisiana, UNT and now TSU-SM and UTSA.

You guys have a right to your own opinion but so do I and IMHO this isn't good for Lamar Athletics and those who support the team.

I'm talking donors, season ticket holders, guys and gals in the Cardinal Club and etc.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham