Big Sandy vs. Evadale Game Thread/Evadale wins/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rebels certainly turned it up tonight! The team played with alot of heart and plenty of emotion. Hitting on all cylinders in the second half they just took over and never let up.

It has taken 9 years for Rebel basketball to get to this point and if the team puts this kind of effort in playoff games things could get real interesting.

The Wildcats kept it close for the 1st half and hats off to em.

The Rebels were getting the ball inside very well but the turnovers in the paint in the 1st half were terrible.  They finally got a handle on it.  Right after a Ref called a horrible call on a Tech-foul after a Reb blocked a shot, that seemed to really get the blood flowing for the Rebs.  Coach called a well timed time out and got ALL over the guys and told em to mix it up and get physical (oh yeah, we could hear him just fine  ;D) and thats just what they did, at that point, it was only a matter of time.
The inside game was stout tonight and #3 was on fire from the 3 point line.  Good job of moving the ball around and penetrating by the Rebel point guard.

[quote name="BIGMO44" post="965029" timestamp="1297482306"]
The Wildcats kept it close for the 1st half and hats off to em.

The Rebels were getting the ball inside very well but the turnovers in the paint in the 1st half were terrible.  They finally got a handle on it.  Right after a Ref called a horrible call on a Tech-foul after a Reb blocked a shot, that seemed to really get the blood flowing for the Rebs.  Coach called a well timed time out and got ALL over the guys and told em to mix it up and get physical (oh yeah, we could hear him just fine  ;D) and thats just what they did, at that point, it was only a matter of time.
The inside game was stout tonight and #3 was on fire from the 3 point line.  Good job of moving the ball around and penetrating by the Rebel point guard.
[/quote] Yea your right you have to hand it to BS they came to play tonight. And that Tech was a joke. I guess its like the NFL you cant be happy about making a good play. OH well that fat ref couldnt get that high off the floor, with a ladder ;D. But the Rebs played with heart and emotion, and that is what its going to take if they going to do anything in the playoffs. No one is going to give them anything, they are going to have to earn it. Great Job Guys, and to the SRs, you played your last game at home with pride, and I am so proud of you all. It seems like just yesterday when I had all of you in little dribblers, and most of you had no clue of how good you were going to be.

I thought the Rebels personell tonight is as good as they can put on the floor.When they start #32 and #43 and let #21 sub they stay fresh and it shows late in the ball games.When they play inside out #3 can be a factor.The biggest concern they will have in the playoffs will be teams pressuring the ball and they will see that early and often.Good luck Coach Williams in the playoffs.

[quote name="whsalum" post="965130" timestamp="1297487369"]
I thought the Rebels personell tonight is as good as they can put on the floor.When they start #32 and #43 and let #21 sub they stay fresh and it shows late in the ball games.When they play inside out #3 can be a factor.The biggest concern they will have in the playoffs will be teams pressuring the ball and they will see that early and often.Good luck Coach Williams in the playoffs.
[/quote] Tonight is the first game all year in dist that #21 has not started, he was sick all day yesterday.#32 has been the one comming of the bench,and your right they do seem to stay fresher. But you right about them handeling pressure. That has been their week spot all year. That is what cost us the last two losses. Both Leggett and HD play small ball with mostly guards. Not so much with Def. pressure but with quicker teams on the off. end they seem to get spread out and it has cost them on the boards. When 21 steps up to block the shot they are week on the boards on the back side.

I didn't say who had been coming off the bench True.I said from watching their personnel the line up tonight is as good as they can put on the floor.#32 is physical and sets an early tone in the paint along with #43.When you start this line up #21 can come in for either guy whether they are winded or in foul trouble.You don't notice it until the 4th quarter but when the Rebs do this you won't see them bending over and grabbing their shorts and trying to catch a breath.

21 and 32 can eathe both start or come in off the bench, and it does not effect their play. But 43 leads the team with 108 steals. And 90% of those are all in the first Qr. Dont know why but the kid puts it all on the floor in the first 8 min. He seem to run out of gas in the second half but he is on fire the start of every game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham