Nederland-2011 District Champs

dogs14

[quote name="dogs1218" post="966038" timestamp="1297722497"]
I hope people dont expect a rebuilding year for Nederland next season.. They will young and competing to win district again
[/quote]

Anytime you lose 5 starters (two MVPs) plus 4 more who contribute; the following year will be a rebuilding year. I know, I know, their JV is stacked- I agree, but they'll probably have only one Senior starting next year. They'll be good, but it will be a rebuilding year b\c of their losses.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="966063" timestamp="1297725697"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=80184.msg966038#msg966038 date=1297722497]
I hope people dont expect a rebuilding year for Nederland next season.. They will young and competing to win district again
[/quote]

Anytime you lose 5 starters (two MVPs) plus 4 more who contribute; the following year will be a rebuilding year. I know, I know, their JV is stacked- I agree, but they'll probably have only one Senior starting next year. They'll be good, but it will be a rebuilding year b\c of their losses.
[/quote]

The Sophs that played JV competed in Varsity Tournaments all summer and know what its like to go up against some talent ;) Not to mention they push the varsity in practice and make them compete hard.. I dont doubt that losing the big 3, along with the senior leadership will be hard to deal with at first, but the group in waiting has excellent chemistry which helps them win alot of games

[quote name="dogs1218" post="966184" timestamp="1297740868"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=80184.msg966063#msg966063 date=1297725697]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=80184.msg966038#msg966038 date=1297722497]
[/quote]

[/quote]

The Sophs that played JV competed in Varsity Tournaments all summer and know what its like to go up against some talent ;) Not to mention they push the varsity in practice and make them compete hard.. I dont doubt that losing the big 3, along with the senior leadership will be hard to deal with at first, but the group in waiting has excellent chemistry which helps them win alot of games
[/quote]

If you read my comments from earlier, you'd see that I agree that they are a talented club, and I agree with you that they play w/great chemistry. I know these kids well, and I've seen them play lots of 'big' games since they were in 7th grade. I KNOW they r going to be special. However, Nederland WILL be rebuilding next year. There is NO way around it. When U lose your starting five, U have to replace them w/a new starting 5. That is called rebuilding.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="966240" timestamp="1297745827"]
If you read my comments from earlier, you'd see that I agree that they are a talented club, and I agree with you that they play w/great chemistry. I know these kids well, and I've seen them play lots of 'big' games since they were in 7th grade. I KNOW they r going to be special. However, Nederland WILL be rebuilding next year. There is NO way around it. When U lose your starting five, U have to replace them w/a new starting 5. [u][b]That is called rebuilding.[/b][/u]
[/quote]At HJ, we prefer to call it "[u][b]Reloading[/b][/u]"!!!!  ;)

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="966249" timestamp="1297746500"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=80184.msg966240#msg966240 date=1297745827]
If you read my comments from earlier, you'd see that I agree that they are a talented club, and I agree with you that they play w/great chemistry. I know these kids well, and I've seen them play lots of 'big' games since they were in 7th grade. I KNOW they r going to be special. However, Nederland WILL be rebuilding next year. There is NO way around it. When U lose your starting five, U have to replace them w/a new starting 5. [u][b]That is called rebuilding.[/b][/u]
[/quote]

We've never had that luxury at Nederland (until now). We will be 'reloading' for years to come thanks to a lot of dedication from parents and coaches.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="966255" timestamp="1297746800"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=80184.msg966249#msg966249 date=1297746500]
[/quote]

We've never had that luxury at Nederland (until now). We will be 'reloading' for years to come thanks to a lot of dedication from parents and coaches.
[/quote]That's the SPIRIT!!!!!  8)

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="966255" timestamp="1297746800"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=80184.msg966249#msg966249 date=1297746500]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats what I was trying to get at HonestAbe! ;D Reloading! We WILL go through growing pains to start, but thats what summers are for, AAU tourneys and individual practice to get better. This group coming up has great work ethic. Want to be in the gym working on something that needs fixing.

But this is all next year talk!We need to give credit to this team and their accomplishment! Now lets make a name for ourselves in Basketball and make a trip to Austin!

[quote name="dogs1218" post="966329" timestamp="1297783060"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=80184.msg966255#msg966255 date=1297746800]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Thats what I was trying to get at HonestAbe! ;D Reloading! We WILL go through growing pains to start, but thats what summers are for, AAU tourneys and individual practice to get better. This group coming up has great work ethic. Want to be in the gym working on something that needs fixing.

But this is all next year talk!We need to give credit to this team and their accomplishment! Now lets make a name for ourselves in Basketball and make a trip to Austin!
[/quote]

Well, you never said anything about reloading, but I'll talk to coach English about that as a motto after they make their trip to Austin. Let's finish this debate in mid-March after they do some damage in the playoffs. We can talk about each player if you want to. Like you, I know all of them.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="966341" timestamp="1297784552"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=80184.msg966329#msg966329 date=1297783060]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, you never said anything about reloading, but I'll talk to coach English about that as a motto after they make their trip to Austin. Let's finish this debate in mid-March after they do some damage in the playoffs. We can talk about each player if you want to. Like you, I know all of them.
[/quote]

Sounds like a plan ;) Hopefully we wont talk until after they come back from Austin

[quote name="dogs1218" post="966374" timestamp="1297787623"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=80184.msg966341#msg966341 date=1297784552]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=80184.msg966329#msg966329 date=1297783060]
[/quote]
[/quote

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds like a plan ;) Hopefully we wont talk until after they come back from Austin
[/quote]

I'll probably talk to U tonight at the game when I see U. U just won't know it's me ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham