East Chambers vs. Centerville Game Thread/Centerville advances

WOSgrad

I had EC +12, haven't heard what went wrong for them but C-ville was supposed to be very good. I would have thought that the triumvirate ( Carrington, Way, McDonald ) could've pull them through these type of games. This may have been EC's year but at least they have Carrington & Way coming back with underclass help from George & East so they should still be competitive.

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="968164" timestamp="1298043701"]
I had EC +12, haven't heard what went wrong for them but C-ville was supposed to be very good. I would have thought that the triumvirate ( Carrington, Way, McDonald ) could've pull them through these type of games. This may have been EC's year but at least they have Carrington & Way coming back with underclass help from George & East so they should still be competitive.
[/quote]
Lt.,if George is the player with the knee injury, then I agree with you. I've only seen them play a couple of times this year but Carrington is unbelieveable and I saw George play last year and she will do great at the point next year. Her fill in this year at point guard just lacked the height and quickness to steer the offense. Their new coach has got to be smiling about next year.

Guest Skinitback
that what happens when you are in a weak girls b-ball district.  Thats what happend to them last year. EC talked all that noise of how great they were and they got upset by Hemphill.  EC is good.  I have seen some of their district opponents, Buna and Hardin are ok,maybe anahuac is average at best,everyone else in their girls b-ball district is horrible.  ???

Guest Skinitback
[quote name="basketball25" post="968379" timestamp="1298066578"]
How is last yrs lost losing to hemphill is a upset!!!!! Hemphill was ranked in the state last yr!!
[/quote] So was EC,but all EC kept saying was how Hemphill could not hang,etc,etc.  Thats what I am going off of, EC is in a weak district so I was not surprised to see them get beat in the first or second round because EC has not been tested.  EC is good but they should be good every year with the talent they always have. Just sayin ???

I agree EC should have been better.  Carrington is good.  The game I saw EC beat Hardin,  I thought Hardin played horrible, no defense, no energy.  EC will always have the athletes and the mentality of winning. 

Deweyville came a long way this year. Coach Mitchell did a great job in his 1st year there. Keep working and believing ladies.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham