Region 3 4-a

Looks like LaMarque and Yates are headed for a 2nd round match up, the winner should advance to the region final. On the other side of the bracket if Nederland can make the regional tourny they will likely face Galveston Ball in the first game and then have to beat the winner of the  LaMarque - Yates game to advance to state.  The good thing about the bracket is that Ball and Yates won't see each other until the region final in Katy, if they make it that far.

Updating off of the chronicle, I don't think all tie breakers are settled but this is close.

W20-Nederland                                                                  W19- Crosby
F19- Galena Park                                                                F20- PNG
R17- Brenham                                                                    R18- KingwoodPark
T18- Huntsville                                                                   T17- Magnolia
W18- Humble                                                                     W17- Stratford
F17- MagWest                                                                    F18- Willis
R19- CE King                                                                      R20- Ozen
T20- Central                                                                      T19- North Forest

W24- Ball                                                                          W23- Terry
F23- Foster                                                                       F24- Dawson
R21- Sterling                                                                      R22- Wheatley
T22- Washington                                                                 T21- Waltrip
W22- Jones                                                                        W21- Yates
F21- Reagan                                                                       F22- Worthing
R23- Brazosport                                                                   R24- LaMarque
T24- Friendswood                                                                T23- Angleton

One bad night and it's all over, but I think we would have to be the favorite to reach the regional tourney, Ball is easily the favorote on thier side Nederland vs Galveston Ball is a real possibility, on the other side of the bracket the Yates vs LaMarque winner should be there. Ozen, Crosby and Stratford all seem to be equal. Would be great to see Nederland vs Ball and Ozen vs Yates in Katy.

It's good that y'all are so high on Nederland, and your should.  But playoffs is a different animal.  These teams will be ready to roll.  These are not your PN-G's, Livingstons, and Lumbertons.  They have shooters, size, and coaching as well and it won't be a breeze.  These teams will scrap tooth and nail.  So to shoe Nederland in as a regional finalist is someone outlandish.  I'm rooting for them from this point, no doubt, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.  Nederland won district last year and made the playoffs, but what round did they lose in?  Battle hard to make sure that don't happen again...

Agree soulja. I think we know that it won't be easy. But we will be favored in each game till regionals. It in know way means we can beat even Galena Park Tuesday. That's going to be one thing Coach English must focus on with the team.  And to answer the question you asked, we lost the round before regionals (regional quarterfinals) to Breham last year.

[quote name="football04" post="967125" timestamp="1297875087"]
Nederland and Ozen have a good shot at making the region final, Ozen would face Yates and Ned would get Ball. Nederland's biggest challenge appears to be the Humble vs Central winner.
[/quote]

I watched Humble play last night. They played a new HS, and won by 50 or so. Although difficult to evaluate, they played good team ball. They are quick, they can shoot from the perimeter,  and they have an inside threat. Nothing flashy, but solid at every position. Central should match up well against them.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="967360" timestamp="1297896495"]
It's good that y'all are so high on Nederland, and your should.  But playoffs is a different animal.  These teams will be ready to roll.  These are not your PN-G's, Livingstons, and Lumbertons.  They have shooters, size, and coaching as well and it won't be a breeze.  These teams will scrap tooth and nail.  So to shoe Nederland in as a regional finalist is someone outlandish.  I'm rooting for them from this point, no doubt, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.  Nederland won district last year and made the playoffs, but what round did they lose in?  Battle hard to make sure that don't happen again...
[/quote]

??? Nederland fans are confident and should be.. Got a bad taste in your mouth Soulja? Cause I know them Beaumont schools dont like getting swept by anybody :D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="967360" timestamp="1297896495"]
It's good that y'all are so high on Nederland, and your should.  But playoffs is a different. animal.  These teams will be ready to roll.  These are not your PN-G's, Livingstons, and Lumbertons.  They have shooters, size, and coaching as well and it won't be a breeze.  These teams will scrap tooth and nail.  So to shoe Nederland in as a regional finalist is someone outlandish.  I'm rooting for them from this point, no doubt, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.  Nederland won district last year and made the playoffs, but what round did they lose in?  Battle hard to make sure that don't happen again...
[/quote]

Soulja-Nederland made it to the 3rd round last year, and most of these kids were on that team. They lost to Brenham by 7. Brenham made 4-3s in the 1st Q, and Nederland cut the lead to 2 late in the game. So these kids KNOW what it is going to take to 'get there'

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="967499" timestamp="1297911935"]
OK. My bad, guys.  I forgot Nederland made it to the 3rd round.

And to the guy that said 'we' have a bad taste in our mouths.  Yes, we did, a little, I'm not going to lie.  But now it's playoff time.  In 20-4a, I'm  rooting for Mid County and Beaumont teams...
[/quote]Nicely said. We all have our favorite local teams and we have our local rivals, but we have watched as these players have matured thru their HS years . I have watched many of the various local schools/players for many years and during playoff time I pull for each and everyone of them. And, as a side note the better our district teams do the stronger it makes our district look.

BMTSoulja1, I was not putting Nederland in the region final or state just pointing out that we should be the favorite in these games leading up to Ball. There are plenty of teams with 8+ loses that scare me and two of them are in Beaumont, I think Central and Ozen will be a force because it is playoff time, I really expect to see Ozen at the regional tournament, I think they can take Crosby or Stratford. I would like to see 20-4a make up half of the bracket at Katy

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32