LU vs. SE. La. Updates/LAMAR WINS 57-52

KFDM COOP

Guest txstateassassin2011
Seems like once the starting lineup settled down, and the rotation became solid, the wins have started coming in...shows a lot of promise for consistency.  Big win for Lamar.

So after 23 or so games and a sub 500 record Roc decides on a starting five and a rotation that seems to work, What about the blow up that he's around these players more than anyone and knows who should be playing and who should not, didn't that just happen a week or two ago after a lose. There's 5 games left and with 2 wins all of the sudden roc's got it figured out !!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="967762" timestamp="1297960902"]
I would have to say that these wins are more along the lines of the SLC really not being any good rather than Roc figuring something out. ;)
[b]
I think it's safe to say if you stress defense in this league, you can win the majority of your games.[/b]
[/quote]

That's exactly why SFA is good every year, they are usually the best defensive team in the conference every year.

[quote name="coachacola" post="967786" timestamp="1297963845"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=80416.msg967762#msg967762 date=1297960902]
I would have to say that these wins are more along the lines of the SLC really not being any good rather than Roc figuring something out. ;)
[b]
I think it's safe to say if you stress defense in this league, you can win the majority of your games.[/b]
[/quote]

That's exactly why SFA is good every year, they are usually the best defensive team in the conference every year.
[/quote]

Best defensive team in the conference and they're sitting at 6-5 tied with about 4 other teams.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="967806" timestamp="1297967248"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=80416.msg967786#msg967786 date=1297963845]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=80416.msg967762#msg967762 date=1297960902]
[b]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Best defensive team in the conference and they're sitting at [b]6-5[/b] tied with about 4 other teams.
[/quote]

That's a majority. ;)

[quote name="mffl" post="967543" timestamp="1297914874"]
This is a great win, but lets take this one game at a time. I'm not calling for Roc's head because the season is not over yet. However with that being said, [b]a lot[/b] of season is left (take that whichever way you'd like).

It seems like every time this team shows some promise, a downfall follows. Lets go beat Corpus Christi now!
[/quote]

Roc's an idiot and needs to go

Not implying that LU should or should not keep Roc, but the last three games are the first time in five years that he actually started two players taller than 6' 7" in a game and rarely did he play with that kind of size even though it was on the bench.  Remember last years hype, tallest team ever at Lamar and oh yeah most of the time the tallest one on the court was Nabors at 6'6" and three guards 6' or shorter.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43