South Dakota AD Not Happy With LU

KFDM COOP

[quote name="KFDM KERRY COOPER" post="967894" timestamp="1297979588"]
http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/2011/02/17/south-dakota-ad-troubled-by-lamars-decision/
[/quote]

Part of the game, it happens all the time. USD AD is overreacting, they'll get $100,000 pay day that they can spend on another home game for them.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="967901" timestamp="1297980160"]
[quote author=KFDM KERRY COOPER link=topic=80458.msg967894#msg967894 date=1297979588]
http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/2011/02/17/south-dakota-ad-troubled-by-lamars-decision/
[/quote]

Part of the game, it happens all the time. USD AD is overreacting, they'll get $100,000 pay day that they can spend on another home game for them.
[/quote]

Agreed. I can understand their frustration but it happens all the time, across college sports.

[quote name="KDOSullivan" post="967913" timestamp="1297981588"]
No, it is a classless act. An agreement is an agreement.
[/quote]

That's the whole point on the 'Back-out" clause. It happens with coaches and teams all the times. It's not like USD is the ONLY team who's had a game taken from them.

Yea, it sucks, but it's part of the game.

[quote name="mffl" post="967922" timestamp="1297982493"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=80458.msg967901#msg967901 date=1297980160]
[quote author=KFDM KERRY COOPER link=topic=80458.msg967894#msg967894 date=1297979588]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed. I can understand their frustration but it happens all the time, across college sports.

[/quote]

Still doesn't make it right. And who do we play? A Div. II school. Come on......

This wasn't a handshake deal with South Dakota, they had a written contract with a buyout clause.  Evidently the contract allows Lamar to buyout the game for $100K so what's the big deal?  Maybe SD shouldn't be signing contracts with buyout clauses if they don't like their opponents exercising that right.

[quote name="coachacola" post="967936" timestamp="1297985853"]
This wasn't a handshake deal with South Dakota, they had a written contract with a buyout clause.  Evidently the contract allows Lamar to buyout the game for $100K so what's the big deal?  Maybe SD shouldn't be signing contracts with buyout clauses if they don't like their opponents exercising that right.
[/quote]

Still not right. Costs us $100,000....How much will Lamar make for playing.... that POWERHOUSE oF the Lone Star Conf. IW?
You know if we were Texas or LSU with an established program, you might be able to do something like this, but Lamar just starting out needs to be clean right now to everyone.

Guest Cards R Us
On average, Lamar made roughly $150,000 per home game last season on ticket sales.  Expenses for hosting the game have to be factored in at some point (no idea what those could be, but I'm sure that video screen and halftime fireworks show aren't cheap), so I'd take a stab at it and say that when you factor in the $100,000 buyout, then take back the money saved on travel costs, the school MIGHT be breaking even or possibly earning some revenue on this whole ordeal, but not much.

Shame on Lamar...

All indications are that they failed to properly notify South Dakota of their change of plans. Very SWAC-like. Prairie View A&M released a schedule [b]after[/b] SHSU did and did not inform SHSU of the change.

Did USD get caught off-guard? That's what I want to know and that is what if you read between the lines, occurred.

If Lamar announced the schedule without telling South Dakota, they are in the wrong and there's no ifs, ands or buts about it. Have no problem with pulling out and paying the buyout, but that's a communication fallacy.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="968056" timestamp="1298000257"]
Shame on Lamar...

All indications are that they failed to properly notify South Dakota of their change of plans. Very SWAC-like. Prairie View A&M released a schedule [b]after[/b] SHSU did and did not inform SHSU of the change.

Did USD get caught off-guard? That's what I want to know and that is what if you read between the lines, occurred.

If Lamar announced the schedule without telling South Dakota, they are in the wrong and there's no ifs, ands or buts about it. Have no problem with pulling out and paying the buyout, but that's a communication fallacy.
[/quote]

You don't know the facts Texas Terror. Who do you think made the call at Lamar A. Coach Woodard or B. the AD Coach Tidwell. Well, the correct answer is B. Coach Tidwell wanted another Sept. game at home for the football team. You or anyone else who doesn't like the call he made, then look up his # or email him.

[quote name="bigred360" post="968748" timestamp="1298117122"]
[quote author=TexasTerror link=topic=80458.msg968056#msg968056 date=1298000257]
Shame on Lamar...

[/quote]

You don't know the facts Texas Terror. Who do you think made the call at Lamar A. Coach Woodard or B. the AD Coach Tidwell. Well, the correct answer is B. Coach Tidwell wanted another Sept. game at home for the football team. You or anyone else who doesn't like the call he made, then look up his # or email him.
[/quote]

1. Don't get snippy because we think it was a bush league move, it was.
2. I have e-mailed Coach Tidwell, I have received no response.
3. If I don't receive a response, who do I contact next? Dr Simmons?

Let's say you get a job offer from company A. They are going to pay you $80,000 annually and including benefits you will get 2 weeks vacation a year. You accept the offer and sign a contract.

Then a couple days later company B calls and is offering $100,000 annually and 4 weeks vaction. What do you do? Stay with company A since you signed a contract or call company A. and tell them you received a better offer and you are going to work for company B.

If you stay with company A. well you are more loyal than most. If you break the contract and sign with company B. you are no better than Lamar.

Please do email Dr Simmons. I'd love to hear if he bothered to reply.

You are entitled to your opinion but that is why they have a buyout clause in the contract. It happens all the time in college athletics.

BTW, mffl, JJWooten and coachacola seem to agree with me. You might like to re-read the post. You and Puddin are the only ones who have posted negative reactions to Coach Tidwell dropping SD.

well, thats an apple to oranges analogy

by taking job B, are you putting the other company in a bad spot?

are you paying company A to get out of the contract? this isnt the first time SD has been hosed down south...think they are ever going to wanna come back?

Better hope company B works out for ya....aint getting any references from Ole company A

like I said before, I have nothing against playing IW...but SD go hosed

[quote name="puddin tane" post="968906" timestamp="1298146684"]

buy taking job B, are you putting the other company in a bad spot?

are you paying company A to get out of the contract? this isnt the first time SD has been hosed down south...think they are ever going to wanna come back?

Better hope company B works out for ya....aint getting any references from Ole company A

[/quote]

No, it isn't money is green isn't it? There is no difference as "your word is your word", right? I'm sure if there was a signing bonus you would have to pay company A back.

Company B has worked out great for me, as I had a job in Houston at Hermann Memorial, then Christus called and offered more and I was able to be closer to my father who was dying of cancer.

If it wasn't for personal issues, I was perfectly happy at Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth. ;) As for references, I'm doing pretty good as I've worked for Baylor Medical Center, Harris Methodist and Christus St.Elizabeth.

Three Top 100 hospitals in the US and my nursing school was #1 in the state of Texas. I would post my GPA, but that would probably be bragging too much.  :D :D

[quote name="bigred360" post="968903" timestamp="1298145961"]
Let's say you get a job offer from company A. They are going to pay you $80,000 annually and including benefits you will get 2 weeks vacation a year. You accept the offer and sign a contract.

Then a couple days later company B calls and is offering $100,000 annually and 4 weeks vaction. What do you do? Stay with company A since you signed a contract or call company A. and tell them you received a better offer and you are going to work for company B.

If you stay with company A. well you are more loyal than most. If you break the contract and sign with company B. you are no better than Lamar.

[b][i]Please do email Dr Simmons. I'd love to hear if he bothered to reply. [/i][/b]

You are entitled to your opinion but that is why they have a buyout clause in the contract. It happens all the time in college athletics.

BTW, mffl, JJWooten and coachacola since to agree with me. You might like to re-read the post. You and Puddin are the only one who have posted negative reactions to Coach Tidwell dropping SD.

[/quote]

Why not at least get a response from at least an assistant in Dr Simmons' Office? Has he now gotten too big for the "Little People?"

[quote name="bigred360" post="968914" timestamp="1298147272"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=80458.msg968906#msg968906 date=1298146684]

buy taking job B, are you putting the other company in a bad spot?

[/quote]

No, it isn't money is green isn't it? There is no difference as "your word is your word", right? I'm sure if there was a signing bonus you would have to pay company A back.

Company B has worked out great for me, as I had a job in Houston a Hermann Memorial, then Christus called and offered more and I was able to be closer to my father who was dying of cancer.

[i][b]If it wasn't for personal issues, I was perfectly happy at Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth. ;) As for references, I'm doing pretty good as I've worked for Baylor Medical Center, Harris Methodist and Christus St.Elizabeth.

Three Top 100 hospitals in the US and my nursing school was #1 in the state of Texas. I would post my GPA, but I'd that would probably be bragging too much.  :D :D[/b][/i]

[/quote]

Need I say more.....

What are you implying in the bold of my comment? That I had a reason to want to be closer to my dad who lived in Port Arthur?

We'll, obviously Coach Tidwell and Coach Woodard thought is was the right thing to do in adding an additional home game and dropping SD.

Again, if we were talking about UT, A&M, Tech, Baylor there wouldn't be a negative thing posted because the CONTRACT had a buyout clause.

[quote name="bigred360" post="968927" timestamp="1298148259"]
What are you implying in the bold of my comment? That I had a reason to want to be closer to my dad who lived in Port Arthur?

We'll, obviously Coach Tidwell and Coach Woodard thought is was the right thing to do in adding an additional home game and dropping SD.

Again, if we were talking about UT, A&M, Tech, Baylor there wouldn't be a negative thing posted because the CONTRACT had a buyout clause.
[/quote]

Just looks like you are putting your resume on this site.....I  have a hard enough time getting my HS kids to believe that your word means something, and then Lamar pulls this.....

[quote name="KDOSullivan" post="968932" timestamp="1298148463"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=80458.msg968927#msg968927 date=1298148259]

[/quote]

Just looks like you are putting your resume on this site.....I  have a hard enough time getting my HS kids to believe that your word means something, and then Lamar pulls this.....
[/quote]

My resume, you are kidding, right? I just named the places I've worked the past 15 years. I didn't list salary, job duties and etc.

I'm not making it personal. You guys are by calling out the AD at Lamar University and if my memory serves me correct one of you also had problems with Coach Tubbs.

You might want to look at your on lives before you judge another man. Then posting them on a public forum.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Eyleo
    Newest Member
    Eyleo