Woodville vs. Hardin Game Thread/Hardin advances!!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="whsalum" post="968681" timestamp="1298091538"]
Woodville missed that 600 win coach this year more than thet will admit.
[/quote]

??? Why the same question?? No. He left. Two different teams in two years and he didnt want to stay. But no the team doesn't miss him... This isn't Warren. Let it go!!

#22 for Woodville is a Beast, awesome player.  The lack at Guard play hurt Woodville, Ie: turnovers.  The press of Hardin ate them up and Woodville was tired at the end. I think it was #1 for Wv a Senior or was it #11, also very good. #13 isn't bad either. WV is young and looked good. 

Hardin also had way too many turnovers in the 1st half, and too many reach in fouls,  Move your feet girls.  Too many missed shots,  Hardin came back in the 2nd half playing like they should.  Congrats to the Lady Hornets. 

WOS, my bad, my service must have left me in Warren for a min, looks like my text from 3rd quarter and final didn't go through and I didnt realize it till this am.

[quote name="glorydaz" post="968690" timestamp="1298092674"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=80500.msg968681#msg968681 date=1298091538]
Woodville missed that 600 win coach this year more than thet will admit.
[/quote]

??? Why the same question?? No. He left. Two different teams in two years and he didnt want to stay. But no the team doesn't miss him... This isn't Warren. Let it go!!
[/quote]Didn't have anything to do with Warren.After last season I didn't think the coach got the credit he deserved.I don't know him personally but if he won 600 games and took Woodville to the state tournament twice he had to be a good one.I know this was a different bunch and maybe it was just time for him to move.Congrats to the Lady Eagles on your season.

• 2 weeks later...
Only "2%" of Basketball Coaches in Texas go to the Stateplayoffs! Very difficult to do... who knows when???  if???  our Woodville Lady Eagles will ever be there again. Time will tell, but realistically it could be a long time, if ever. When had we ever gone in the past...never.  Takes great team, great coach and many things have to fall into place...a lot of good teams never get there. Woodville's been fortunate to have a good coach now and good coaches in the past.

You can understand why many coaches with 25-30 yrs are retiring & going to other states to draw their TX retirement & another full salary at the same time in LA, AR, OK, etc..(TX is getting a lot of Oklahoma coaches)--hard to turn down doubling your salary + benefits (double dipping) in our current employment/economic environment. Lot of coaches in OK and TX retiring in one & crossing the border to do this. Just too much incentive to turn down...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham