Hardin-Jefferson vs. Navasota Game Thread/Navasota advances

WOSgrad

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="968604" timestamp="1298085920"]
Being the district champion has no advantage in the UIL brackets. The second place team has the better draw. Sad is all I can say. Has been Like that for years.  District champions get a bye in the first round.  I think that hurts them. 
[/quote]

I agree with this...district champs in 3a get a raw deal.  Not an excuse, but it sure doesn't help.

I think the Hardin-Jefferson boys team would argue the fact that the district champions get the tougher route. The last 3 years (counting this year) HJ boys have been the #2 seed and they have had a much more difficult road to the regionals than what Silsbee (#1 seed) had over those years.

It's all about match ups.

[quote name="whsalum" post="968680" timestamp="1298091426"]
I haven't seen them this year but Navasota is always pretty solid.I watched a few highlights tonight and Sealy looke awful.
[/quote]

Well our Lady Cats had something to do with that, played the best defensive game I've seen all year. We couldn't buy a bucket, but we probably forced over 30 turnovers tonight with our pressure. I can promise you Sealy hadn't seen anything like that all year.

Great year Lady Hawks, Navasota just has our districts number!!!

This game was a "perfect storm"  Navasota had some quickness which limited a few things HJ has been able to do relatively easy.  Decision making was poor at times for both teams....

The officials and the bookkeeper / clock keepers were the worst I have seen in a while.  At one point in the 2nd quarter, I watched the bookkeeper erase a score, add a freethrow and mark a foul on a player just to make her book match the scoreboard...

That being said, that is not what cost HJ the game... FT's, decisions, etc.....

In the girls bracket, the #2 has had the better draw for the past 5 years...

[quote name="hjhawks" post="968729" timestamp="1298097394"]
This game was a "perfect storm"  Navasota had some quickness which limited a few things HJ has been able to do relatively easy.  Decision making was poor at times for both teams....

The officials and the bookkeeper / clock keepers were the worst I have seen in a while.  At one point in the 2nd quarter, I watched the bookkeeper erase a score, add a freethrow and mark a foul on a player just to make her book match the scoreboard...

That being said, that is not what cost HJ the game... FT's, decisions, etc.....

In the girls bracket, the #2 has had the better draw for the past 5 years...
[/quote]

The second seed played Madisonville last year in the 2nd round, they went to state.  Year before the second seed played Rudder...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham