LU vs. A&M CC Updates..Cards Win/Comments

KFDM COOP

I watched some of the first half online and I thought Lamar was going to lose big.  I'm pleasantly surprised they turned the tables and came back from big halftime deficit, even if TAMU-CC is pretty bad this year. 

Can they keep it up against SHSU, SFA, Texas State and McNeese, the top 4 teams in the conference?

Don't read too much into my comments about tonight's game, because I still think Roc should be fired.

But all in all in a 1st half that was absolutely terrible for the Cards....out hustled, out rebounded, out shot, out everything.  Trailing by 11 at half and Roc made a few adjustments that worked.  Gotta give him credit, plus he played 10 players in the first 5 minutes of the game.  Sought out the 5 that wanted to give it their all tonight and then settled on about a 6-7 man rotation the rest of the game.  Lamb was a STUD tonight on both ends of the floor.  Then finally in the 2nd half the player that I love more than any on the LU roster showed up and played the way many thought he could tonight for the Cards.  I am talking about the "Big O"!!!!!  Orlando Brazier was very impressive tonight.  All in all a good win for the Cards which keeps their hopes of a Conference Tourney berth alive.  Although it was against 11th best team in the conference!!!!

[quote name="JJWooten" post="969092" timestamp="1298166971"]
They said Tubbs was voted Coach of the Year in 83 and 85, but I looked up the AP Coach of the Year, and it listed Guy Lewis (83) and Bill Frieder (85). What organization gave him the award?
[/quote]

Tubbs was the Big Eight Coach of the Year in 1984, 1985, 1988 and 1989, and was named Basketball Weekly National Coach of the Year in 1983 and 1985.

http://www.jimthorpeassoc.org/Articles/Billy%20Tubbs.html

If and that is a big if, the cards make the tourney and win at least one game I doubt that Roc gets fired because of what should be coming back and they have shown improvement the last couple of weeks.  Last night in the first half Lamar did not look like they wanted the ball as much as CC did and that really is not coaching that hangs on the players.  I am glad to see Roc sticking with the bigger front court line up and Brazier really made a difference.  Roc may finally be learning to coach to his players strengths.  Overall a much better offense is developing in LU learning to push the ball but not settling for a quick shot that is not a really good shot.

[quote name="bigred360" post="969232" timestamp="1298220249"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=80557.msg969092#msg969092 date=1298166971]
They said Tubbs was voted Coach of the Year in 83 and 85, but I looked up the AP Coach of the Year, and it listed Guy Lewis (83) and Bill Frieder (85). What organization gave him the award?
[/quote]

Tubbs was the Big Eight Coach of the Year in 1984, 1985, 1988 and 1989, and was named Basketball Weekly National Coach of the Year in 1983 and 1985.

http://www.jimthorpeassoc.org/Articles/Billy%20Tubbs.html
[/quote]

Thanks 360, I was confused for a bit.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Eyleo
    Newest Member
    Eyleo