**BMT CENTRAL vs. CE KING Broadcast**/C.E. King advances

Us #3 seed losing to King #2 seed in 19-4a shouldn't really be a suprise.  We played them well, I thought.  Things changed later in the game when we went to a very weak zone (the one we were in when we lost to LC-M early in district).  King's strength was the 3 ball.  Their entire offense was weaving to the three point line.  We did good against it in man. King creeped back into it and took the momentum in the 4th.  I mean, we stayed stuck on that same 57 points forever.  And another question.  Why is it that any team that we play NEVER seem to be in foul trouble at any point but we always are early in halfs of games?  Also, how can a ref that is past half court call a blocking foul and there is a ref not even 2 feet from the action?  And at the end of the game, how many times do a Jag player have to foul a King player in order to get them to blow the whistle to stop the clock?  

Overall, good season.  Last year's team was young so I was expecting some good things from this year's squad.  Maybe I'll have to see it next year.  

P.S.  There was a player (a senior) that was missing from last night's game (a starter).  We could have used him last night...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="970750" timestamp="1298465952"]
And also for the record, K. Smith went all out in this game.  I'm sure he was the game high scorer and had several assists and key block shots for the Jags. he put it all on the line and put on a clinic. Can't wait to see him back next year...
[/quote]

Smith did lead Central in scoring, but he also led them in turnovers and putting up wild shots at the end when they should have been working the ball for a better shot.

Smith played really well in the 3rd, scoring 11 of his 17, but he failed miserably in the 4th in crunch time.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="970842" timestamp="1298476017"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=80602.msg970750#msg970750 date=1298465952]
And also for the record, K. Smith went all out in this game.  I'm sure he was the game high scorer and had several assists and key block shots for the Jags. he put it all on the line and put on a clinic. Can't wait to see him back next year...
[/quote]

Smith did lead Central in scoring, but he also led them in turnovers and putting up wild shots at the end when they should have been working the ball for a better shot.

Smith played really well in the 3rd, scoring 11 of his 17, but he failed miserably in the 4th in crunch time.
[/quote]Yes, Kinda figured that.  Turnovers in key parts of the game is unacceptable, especially in the 4th.  Have to make those free throws...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32