Evadale State Champs?

Guest Abraham

Guest Abraham
You and me both know Evadale will have to earn it because nobody gives them ANY CREDIT what so ever!! Thats okay though I believe in them and this thread will prolly go downhill very very fast! LOL

I'm sorry, I didn't know this was the "Evadale vs. The World" thread.  I thought I had clicked on the "Evadale State Champs" thread.

To answer that question, the Rebels have an excellent shot at a state championship.  They return a whole load of starters from a team that went to the state tournament last year and they have an excellent coach in Coach Williams.

I hope they make it.

Guest Abraham
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=80802.msg971241#msg971241 date=1298517697]
I'm sorry, I didn't know this was the "Evadale vs. The World" thread.  I thought I had clicked on the "Evadale State Champs" thread.

To answer that question, the Rebels have an excellent shot at a state championship.  They return a whole load of starters from a team that went to the state tournament last year and they have an excellent coach in Coach Williams.

I hope they make it.
[/quote/]
All I said was that Evadale never gets any credit. Never said anything about the world haha.. Let me clear it up for you grad... "Will Evadale win the (1a not the world) State Tournament this year?" That any better??

Guest Abraham
[quote name="Barack" post="971825" timestamp="1298593172"]
Nope. i mean good chance but no
[/quote]
Let me guess Sabine Pass will? haha Yeah Right the school of the blind has a better chance!

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
Evadale will absolutely compete for a state title...and should be the pick to go all of the way. However, it is going to be interesting to see how they replace Dubose, Ousley, and several other key starters they lost. Good luck Rebels..should be fun to keep up with!

[quote name="Abraham" post="971237" timestamp="1298516175"]
You and me both know Evadale will have to earn it because nobody gives them ANY CREDIT what so ever!! Thats okay though I believe in them and this thread will prolly go downhill very very fast! LOL
[/quote]

People on this site understand that Evadale is one of the strongest teams in the state in 1A. The team has proven that for years that they are strong in 1A. The only riff some of the posters on here have is that some of the Evadale faithful are a little too proud and at times shoot their mouth off. They aren't the only one's though. Got some in 20-4A and 19-4A that do the same......  ;)

But to answer the question of the thread, yes I believe Evadale has, by far, the strongest chance of anyone else to win state in this area.

[quote name="eye-witness" post="972170" timestamp="1298651153"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=80802.msg971997#msg971997 date=1298607848]
I think its funny how people are talking about a state championship and Evadale has not even played their first game yet.
[/quote]exactly!
[/quote]

people do it all the time in football and other sports at all levels about how teams will do even before a season starts. They are doing it for pro football already and the season just ended. Evadale, from last years outcome, is a strong team with a lot of returners. Give some respect to them and their program.

[quote name="bball11" post="972173" timestamp="1298651507"]
losing 3 starters is alot, that means 3 other guys gotta step up!!!! I hope they can win it all but I think this yr pitching might catch up to them!!!
[/quote]
They will have some guys step up, and pitching will be fine. You'll see

[quote name="bball11" post="972199" timestamp="1298654588"]
I hope your right but its always hard to make it back to back state appearances!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Two of the four teams in the 1A State tournament had been there the year before and one of them was making their forth straight appearance, Thorndale. Windthorst was the runner up in 2009 and won in 2010. Good teams make return trips, and I believe that a team that has the returning core that the Rebels do will make a return trip to Round Rock and come home with the championship this year.

Wrong maybe, but thats is my opinion knowing these young men and their desire to finish what they started as freshmen. They have won close to 100 baseball games since they were freshmen. They have won three district championships without a district loss. They have been to the regional quarterfinals and the state final in the last two years. This group wants to add to their legecy. They just hope to start playing a little later than usual since they are now in their second regional quarterfinal round of this school year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats