Coach Suggs out at Ball?

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="975111" timestamp="1299041805"]
Maybe he didn't like sharing resources in Aldine ISD (4 5a schools).  At Ball High, he stays at 5a in a one school town.  And IMO, Ball have just as much talent come through their halls as Nimitz does...
[/quote]

Ball is not 5A.

[quote name="Scooter!" post="974969" timestamp="1299032754"]
I can see him going back to Central. I still say----->why leave Aldine Nimitz for Ball High?  ???
[/quote]

Ball wasnt always like they are now..They use to be a Texas power house, plus all the talent their in the Galveston area..Maybe he thought he could get people out to play football, but Its really bad out their right now..

[quote name="Yearof thePat!" post="975201" timestamp="1299078173"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=81042.msg975111#msg975111 date=1299041805]
Maybe he didn't like sharing resources in Aldine ISD (4 5a schools).  At Ball High, he stays at 5a in a one school town.  And IMO, Ball have just as much talent come through their halls as Nimitz does...
[/quote]

Ball is not 5A.
[/quote]Ball WAS 5a when he arrived...  This is their first athletic season as a 4a school...

[quote name="D3zii" post="975208" timestamp="1299079099"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=81042.msg974969#msg974969 date=1299032754]
I can see him going back to Central. I still say----->why leave Aldine Nimitz for Ball High?  ???
[/quote]

Ball wasnt always like they are now..They use to be a Texas power house, plus all the talent their in the Galveston area..Maybe he thought he could get people out to play football, but Its really bad out their right now..
[/quote]I've heard that most of the talent left Galveston for LaMarque and other nearby schools after the Hurricanes...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="975111" timestamp="1299041805"]
[/quote]

Nimtiz High is probably one of the most talent rich schools in the state. 

Their aren't many schools that can compete with them in terms of quality,  however they have never been able to build a decent team even with Excellent coaches.  The atmosphere at Nimitz is horrendous and the student body there is out of control....its like watching Dangerous Minds.  It is by far the worst school in Aldine ISD in terms of behavior and student mentality..

They have had great coaches, that haven't not had success or chose other positions with more promise.

1. Neil Qullien (State Champion coach at Willowridge,  and Humble Wildcat Coach in the 90's)
2. David Aymond ( Took over after Quillen left for Humble, he hated it so much....He left for a horrendous North Shore Program)
3. David Suggs (proven Winner at Central, was so unsuccessful in developing a scheme that his kids could pick up.  was forced out)

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="975210" timestamp="1299079115"]
[quote author=Yearof thePat! link=topic=81042.msg975201#msg975201 date=1299078173]
[/quote]

Ball is not 5A.
[/quote]Ball WAS 5a when he arrived...  This is their first athletic season as a 4a school...
[/quote]

But it is not their first season with 4A numbers.

It's a "one school town" but Texas City and Lamarque get their fair share of Galveston athletes.

[quote name="Yearof thePat!" post="975411" timestamp="1299097976"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=81042.msg975210#msg975210 date=1299079115]
[quote author=Yearof thePat! link=topic=81042.msg975201#msg975201 date=1299078173]
[/quote]

Ball is not 5A.
[/quote]

But it is not their first season with 4A numbers.

It's a "one school town" but Texas City and Lamarque get their fair share of Galveston athletes.
[/quote]Ball did make the playoffs as a 5a team (with 4a numbers).

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="976202" timestamp="1299160301"]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=81042.msg976046#msg976046 date=1299126389]
While I admire Coach Suggs, as a Nederland fan I don't want him back in 20-4a
[/quote]I can see why.  When he was at Central...  well, you know the rest...   ;) ;)
[/quote]

I wonder if he regrets leaving after the crap he's had to go through.

At this point?  What program is going to really want him?

Central was a long time ago, and he has failed since then.

North Forest?  its a possible, its the only place i can see someone opening theirs arms for him at this point.  he has a soiled reputation due to his issues with Aldine ISD.

And if you know Deon Samuels, you'll know he isn't someone you wanna piss off....he can seriously screw up your chances of landing a good job after life in Aldine ISD (since all those jobs are stepping stone jobs with the exception of IKE).  After the Suggs and Phipps incidents, its a must to have an Exit strategy for any of those schools.

Hope he finds his way back to respectability.

[quote name="HUM398" post="978605" timestamp="1299402524"]
At this point?   What program is going to really want him?

Central was a long time ago, and he has failed since then.

North Forest?  its a possible, its the only place i can see someone opening theirs arms for him at this point.   he has a soiled reputation due to his issues with Aldine ISD.

And if you know Deon Samuels, you'll know he isn't someone you wanna piss off....he can seriously screw up your chances of landing a good job after life in Aldine ISD (since all those jobs are stepping stone jobs with the exception of IKE).  After the Suggs and Phipps incidents, its a must to have an Exit strategy for any of those schools.

Hope he finds his way back to respectability.
[/quote]
CE King is a school that used to be a tough team and I dont know their coaching situation but the past few years have been hurtin. NO NO NO SCOOTER we have a HC and a "part time" AD that will keep the BRONX where they need to be. ;) "or atleast till the first L or the season next year" :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43