GREG NEECE NAMED HC/AD AT KIRBYVILLE!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I guess when you lose an athlete like Fred Ford, there will be grumblings that gloom and doom are on the horizon.  However, folks said the same thing when Hazlewood graduated.  Coach Neece's Wildcats still have plenty in the cupboard and will be just fine this year.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1015052" timestamp="1306693476"]
I guess when you lose an athlete like Fred Ford, there will be grumblings that gloom and doom are on the horizon.  However, folks said the same thing when Hazlewood graduated.  Coach Neece's Wildcats still have plenty in the cupboard and will be just fine this year.
[/quote] Yep we're gonna be just fine, Kirbyville have too much talent not to.

• 2 weeks later...
Well guys, all I can say is the "Kirbyville War Machine" will only get stronger! I believe most people are under the impression that there will be alot of major changes due to a new head coach. The truth is Coach Neece brought his dynamic version of the spread offense to K'ville years ago and has been calling all the shots on the offensive side of the ball for some time now.Given his past success as a defensive coordinator, Coach Neece is exceptionally well rounded.Seriously, who better to pick apart a good defense than a great offensive coordinator? (and vice versa) It is my personal opinion that the success of the Wildcats under Jack Alvarez was due to the fact that he had the right people in the right places, and allowed them full control to run their Offense and Defenses.W.T. Johnston is now the man at Newton (former K'ville Defensive coordinator) and Neece takes over the Wildcats. One unique factor to observe is Coach Neece's love of the school and community. He is striving to build the entire athletic program and implant a tradition of pride there, no matter the sport. He definetly has the knack for reaching the kids, and they adore him. You must be doing something right when there are little children running all around K'ville just awaiting their chance to one day, get to play for Coach Neece...

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="1017524" timestamp="1307673171"]
yes #3, I think he's gunna do well this season... :)
[/quote] Yep i have a film of him running the ball in the state game against Pilot Point. I wished they would have ran him more....he pop out several times against the Bearcats defense.

Newspaper article claims Lamar offered and he told them too late....

I think Kirbyville will have a good season this year, but don't know if they have a deep run in them or not.... They have been in this boat before as someone mentioned earlier (big time players leaving) and have surprised people....  Coach Neece will have them ready, and I definitely expect them in the postseason making noise...

[quote name="HubTx" post="1018489" timestamp="1308076105"]
Newspaper article claims Lamar offered and he told them too late....

I think Kirbyville will have a good season this year, but don't know if they have a deep run in them or not.... They have been in this boat before as someone mentioned earlier (big time players leaving) and have surprised people....  Coach Neece will have them ready, and I definitely expect them in the postseason making noise...
[/quote]

news to me...thanks for the info.....axe em'

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    risinger62
    Newest Member
    risinger62