Question about re-inserting pitcher

I know that if the starting pitcher is removed from the mound but stays in the game at another position that he can return as the pitcher later because PNG did that last night.  I also know that if a starter is removed from the game that he can be re-inserted later.  Now I am wondering if the starting pitcher is removed from the game if he can re-enter the game later as the pitcher.

[quote name="Old61Eagle" post="987532" timestamp="1300921355"]
I know that if the starting pitcher is removed from the mound but stays in the game at another position that he can return as the pitcher later because PNG did that last night.  I also know that if a starter is removed from the game that he can be re-inserted later.  Now I am wondering if the starting pitcher is removed from the game if he can re-enter the game later as the pitcher.
[/quote]

No, if he leaves the game and is no longer a part of the line-up, he cannot re-enter as a pitcher

[quote name="BaseballWarrior" post="987544" timestamp="1300926757"]
[quote author=Old61Eagle link=topic=82173.msg987532#msg987532 date=1300921355]
I know that if the starting pitcher is removed from the mound but stays in the game at another position that he can return as the pitcher later because PNG did that last night.  I also know that if a starter is removed from the game that he can be re-inserted later.  Now I am wondering if the starting pitcher is removed from the game if he can re-enter the game later as the pitcher.
[/quote]

No, if he leaves the game and is no longer a part of the line-up, he cannot re-enter as a pitcher
[/quote]

From my understanding, yes the pitcher can leave the lineup and return as pitcher, ONCE.  My understanding is that any member of the starting lineup can leave the lineup (leaving the line up does not include leaving for a courtesy runner) once and re-enter at any position. 

However, they can not do it more than once.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32