Blame it on Bull Durham

Guest Ranger83

Guest Ranger83
[size=12pt]2 Texas prep baseball players probed in chicken deaths[/size]
Associated Press
March 31, 2011, 1:36PM

BENBROOK — Police in the Dallas area are investigating whether two high school baseball players sacrificed chickens in a bid to improve their games.

Police in Benbrook, Texas, say a 15- and 16-year-old "engaged in acts that caused the death of two baby chickens. It appears that superstition relating to a slump in baseball performance could have played a part."

Western Hills High School baseball coach Bobby McIntire says he has not had a chance to talk to the students about why they did it. He told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that "baseball is very superstitious" and the idea possibly came from movies they say.

School officials say the boys have been kicked off the team.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="991101" timestamp="1301598925"]
Ya know, YOP! When I saw this story, I was thinking the same thing.

"Man, don't throw to me, my girlfriend put a hex on my glove."
[/quote]

.......and nobody knows what to get Jimmy and Millie for a wedding present. We're dealing with a lot of stuff out here.

[i]Disclaimer:[/i][i]This thread is in no way advocating the killing of chickens for atheltic purposes. Now for supper, that's something completely different.[/i]

[quote name="Yearof thePat!" post="991109" timestamp="1301599443"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=82509.msg991101#msg991101 date=1301598925]
Ya know, YOP! When I saw this story, I was thinking the same thing.

"Man, don't throw to me, my girlfriend put a hex on my glove."
[/quote]

.......and nobody knows what to get Jimmy and Millie for a wedding present. We're dealing with a lot of stuff out here.

[i]Disclaimer:[/i][i]This thread is in no way advocating the killing of chickens for atheltic purposes. Now for supper, that's something completely different.[/i]
[/quote]

You are killing me, Pat.  ;D

[quote name="dogs1218" post="991173" timestamp="1301608346"]
And somebody want to tell me why they were kicked off the team? ???
[/quote] Thats what I was thinking?? Kids raise chicken, rabbits, hogs, and steers, ever year  for slaughter. And these boys killed a chicken and got kicked off the team?? For What??? Again to many bleading hearts.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="ForeverADog" post="991193" timestamp="1301614043"]
Well if they weren't in a slump I would say move down south and play for the Bulldogs! ;D
[/quote]

There are ways to ends slumps that do not involve poultry. ;)

Crash: Well, Nuke's scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man's here. We need a live... is it a live rooster?

We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove and nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present. Is that about right? ... We're dealing with a lot of sh*t.

Larry: Okay, well, uh... candlesticks always make a nice gift, and uh, maybe you could find out where she's registered and maybe a place-setting or maybe a silverware pattern. Okay, let's get two! Go get 'em.

[quote name="AJ25" post="991199" timestamp="1301614696"]
Crash: Well, Nuke's scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man's here. We need a live... is it a live rooster?

We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove and nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present. Is that about right? ... We're dealing with a lot of sh*t.

Larry: Okay, well, uh... candlesticks always make a nice gift, and uh, maybe you could find out where she's registered and maybe a place-setting or maybe a silverware pattern. Okay, let's get two! Go get 'em.

[/quote] OK.... thats pretty scary , that you know that whole scene :o But what scares me more is that I know that your right  :o

[quote name="True Blue" post="991210" timestamp="1301616745"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=82509.msg991199#msg991199 date=1301614696]

[/quote] OK.... thats pretty scary , that you know that whole scene :o But what scares me more is that I know that your right  :o
[/quote]

Haha i can quote it for a while, best baseball movie of all time.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="Stewie" post="991437" timestamp="1301675272"]
See Mark Grace interview on "Rome is Burning"
[/quote]

That guy has some WILD stories.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="991446" timestamp="1301675773"]
Mark Grace, the innovator of the slump buster.
[/quote]

http://www.markgrace.com/quotes.html

[quote name="Yearof thePat!" post="991449" timestamp="1301675976"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=82509.msg991446#msg991446 date=1301675773]
Mark Grace, the innovator of the slump buster.
[/quote]

http://www.markgrace.com/quotes.html

[/quote]

'Jumping on a grenade for the team.' Bahahah.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham