Is houston the worst sports city?

I think Seattle, Minnesota, Cleveland are worse.

Houston-

losing the Oilers.

Texans choking every year.

Rockets once known as clutch city  back to back championships. now known as ''choke city''

Astros going to world series SWEPT now look at them horrible

Comets won the first 4 wnba championships, and they are no more.

So in your opinion what professional sports fans suffer the most?

Cleveland is the worst-

Football - lost the Browns to Baltimore and current Browns stink

Baseball - Indians are so bad that 2 very bad sports movies have been made about them

Basketball - Cavs, LeBron, Gilbert, 'nough said

Yep, as bad as Houston has it (and it is bad), Cleveland is worse

Guest JoesBros
Cleveland probably has more loyal fans... down here the bandwagnors are horrible. 6 years ago everyone was Astros fans then after Biggio gets 3,000 hits and retires. Ive always followed every Houston team since I was a kid and always will there wont be a spot on the wagon once things get better in a few years they can stay with the rangers for all I care  ;)

Lets look at the other candidates, starting with Minnesota:

Football - Were the Buffalo Bills before the Bills were cool; Late GM Mike Lynn voted team MVP in 1992-1995, the Cowboys team MVP that is

Baseball - This is where Minnesota drops from the worst, they do have a couple of World Championships during my lifetime

Basketball - Lost the Lakers to LA, wishes they could lose current team to LA

Hockey - My favorite NHL team, the Dallas Stars

Guest JoesBros
I thinks that is because they still have football and baseball up there. Now when we talk worse sports cities do we mean no championships or longest without a championship or worse fans?? Or both??

[quote name="Scooter!" post="994377" timestamp="1302207229"]
I hate telling people im a Astros fan. I tell them that and i get laughed at  :D
[/quote]
I'm still an Astros, Rockets and Texans fan, BUT: I've been an Astros fan since the 60's when i was a kid. Especially during the 80's when Nolan Ryan wat pitching. I dont even want to watch them now. I hope they lose every game until Drayton McLain sells the team. Then I'll start pulling for them again.
I still miss Nolan Ryan,... and the Oilers!

[quote name="shovelhead" post="994399" timestamp="1302210518"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=82834.msg994377#msg994377 date=1302207229]
I hate telling people im a Astros fan. I tell them that and i get laughed at  :D
[/quote]
I'm still an Astros, Rockets and Texans fan, BUT: I've been an Astros fan since the 60's when i was a kid. Especially during the 80's when Nolan Ryan wat pitching. I dont even want to watch them now. I hope they lose every game until Drayton McLain sells the team. Then I'll start pulling for them again.
I still miss Nolan Ryan,... and the Oilers!
[/quote]its really a shame in regards to the Astros. I was telling people today at work that they had won. Comment towards that-----> Astros wins are hard to come by.  :'(

Guest JoesBros
The way I look at is hey I knew we were going to suck going into the season. Im a Astros fan and use to being disappointed every year weather they win only 70 games or make it to the world series. Im not embarassed by it either

[quote name="JoesBros" post="994480" timestamp="1302228776"]
The way I look at is hey I knew we were going to suck going into the season. Im a Astros fan and use to being disappointed every year weather they win only 70 games or make it to the world series. Im not embarassed by it either
[/quote]

I agree but I have never felt this bad going into a season. Do I expect them to be in the playoffs every year, no? I do expect that they try to be competitive, and this year they made no moves to get better. I understand Drayton is selling the team, but it is still disappointing. I am not a Drayton basher either, because for the most part he has tried some moves that didn't work out as they should have. I am old enough to remember when McMullen owned the team, now that was a bad owner, still hate New Jersey to this day. Never forgive them for not extending Nolan's contract. I was there when Scott pitched the no-hitter and I can tell you the city went wild. So with a reason to cheer the city will.

With that being said I am still an Astro's fan and always will be. Now let me get back to the roster so I can figure out who some of these guys are.

[quote name="JohnnyT60" post="994638" timestamp="1302285927"]
[quote author=JoesBros link=topic=82834.msg994480#msg994480 date=1302228776]
[/quote]

I agree but I have never felt this bad going into a season. Do I expect them to be in the playoffs every year, no? I do expect that they try to be competitive, and this year they made no moves to get better. I understand Drayton is selling the team, but it is still disappointing. I am not a Drayton basher either, because for the most part he has tried some moves that didn't work out as they should have. I am old enough to remember when McMullen owned the team, now that was a bad owner, still hate New Jersey to this day. Never forgive them for not extending Nolan's contract. I was there when Scott pitched the no-hitter and I can tell you the city went wild. So with a reason to cheer the city will.

With that being said I am still an Astro's fan and always will be. Now let me get back to the roster so I can figure out who some of these guys are.
[/quote]

IMO, not extending Ryan's contract is the dumbest move ever made in baseball...modern years at least. Nolan could've sucked and still filled the seats w/ every start.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham