Michael Kyser released from Lamar

Kyser out

Michale Kyser, a 6-foot-9 forward who played last season at Humble Christian Life, has been granted his release from Lamar University after he signed with the school last fall to play for Steve Roccaforte. Kyser said last week on Twitter he had been given his release. Knight confirmed the news Tuesday

Not sure how to take this. We need a big man, but I didn't get a good feel for Kyser. Didn't hear much about him this year at HCL and several had told me that he was just OK at Lancaster, that Lynch was the real get from that team. Anyone else have any insight??

I wonder how PK will approach this?? Will he go out and try and sign a HS big man that probably won't help much next year or will he go the JC route to get an immediate impact with the returning Seniors? Tuff call, but I would go the JC route as this team is built to win this year and needs a big to help do so. If they can win 20+ and get into the NCAA it will help to recruit next year with all of the open schollies PK will have.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="996803" timestamp="1302701995"]
Lynch is the better player but he isn't '6"9. ;)

LU needs a big man.
[/quote]
Yes he is 6'9", but we just graduated a 6'11" big that I wouldn't sign again! We don't need another one of those do we?

Brown played well down the stretch last year and Ebomwani looked like he could be a player defensively (don't think he well ever be much of an offensive threat) at the end of the season.
We need a big in the mold of Thomas Fairley with this current group. Athletic big.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="996844" timestamp="1302707225"]
Ship in one of those new Texas Tech bigs! And he has one scholarship if no one transfers right? Because I know Coy was on academics.
[/quote]Which brings up my question, AGAIN! Are his recruits following him to Lamar? If not, then why are they not following if he recruited them.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="996858" timestamp="1302708047"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=83097.msg996844#msg996844 date=1302707225]
Ship in one of those new Texas Tech bigs! And he has one scholarship if no one transfers right? Because I know Coy was on academics.
[/quote]Which brings up my question, AGAIN! Are his recruits following him to Lamar? If not, then why are they not following if he recruited them.
[/quote]

Nope!! Because they wanted to play in the Big XII. The guys he got were HS, Big XII caliber recruits, so I doubt they would be interested in playing in the Southland..  ::)

[quote name="mffl" post="996868" timestamp="1302709071"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=83097.msg996858#msg996858 date=1302708047]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=83097.msg996844#msg996844 date=1302707225]
[/quote]

Nope!! Because they wanted to play in the Big XII. The guys he got were HS, Big XII caliber recruits, so I doubt they would be interested in playing in the Southland..  ::)
[/quote]Thank you sir! You answered the point I was making ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="996822" timestamp="1302704592"]
Athletic bigs are at a minimum, especially at the mid major level
[/quote]
Typically if you get one at the Low/Mid Major level he went the JUCO route because of academics and you were willing to take the risk. The athletic bigs that LU has had in recent history were of that variety, ala Fairley, Beard, etc..

The only guy that PK signed to TT that had any ties to LU was Petteway (his big brother was a staple at LU several years back and the younger version was at many of the games), but he has Big 12 talent from what I hear and would probably not be interested based on that fact alone.

[quote name="badndn" post="996905" timestamp="1302714990"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=83097.msg996822#msg996822 date=1302704592]
[/quote]
Typically if you get one at the Low/Mid Major level he went the JUCO route because of academics and you were willing to take the risk. The athletic bigs that LU has had in recent history were of that variety, ala Fairley, Beard, etc..

The only guy that PK signed to TT that had any ties to LU was Petteway (his big brother was a staple at LU several years back and the younger version was at many of the games), but he has Big 12 talent from what I hear and would probably not be interested based on that fact alone.
[/quote]

I don't expect any TT recruits to bolt as Gillespie kept Asst Coach and recruiting coordinator Chris Beard from Knight's staff.  It would be a nice surprise but not likely.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="996959" timestamp="1302720711"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=83097.msg996905#msg996905 date=1302714990]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=83097.msg996822#msg996822 date=1302704592]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't expect any TT recruits to bolt as Gillespie kept Asst Coach and recruiting coordinator Chris Beard from Knight's staff.  It would be a nice surprise but not likely.
[/quote]Maybe the hiring process should be who recruited the big name players.  ??? Nevamind, we tried that already.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43