Southland next move

UNLV

The SLC needs to add ACU and UCO now. ACU has money, UCO is bigger than Lamar.
2 football schools. With Lamar that makes 10 football schools in the SLC.

South

Mcneese
Southeastern
Nicholls st
Sam Houston
Lamar
Corpus Christi

North

Central Ark
Central Okl
Abilene Christian
UTA
SFA
Northwestern

I'm convinced that ACU belongs, baseball wise. Their football stadium is right on par for SLC standards, playing at Shotwell Stadium.

Their baseball stadium is above the level of most SLC stadiums, very similar to the Beck minus the turf. I don't know much about their basketball program.

UCO's basketball program has been outstanding of late, LU knows that very well as they were close to hiring their basketball HC.

• 3 weeks later...
Are the SLC schools meeting to discuss expansion. 8 football schools is odd, we need 9 so each football can have 4 home and 4 away.
ACU said they are ready, what is the hold up to common sense.

West
SHSU
SFA
Lamar
UTA
AMCC
ACU

East
Mcneese
SELA
UCA
NSU
NWST
ULM ....maybe...

[quote name="AJ25" post="1003387" timestamp="1304049734"]
I'm convinced that ACU belongs, baseball wise. Their football stadium is right on par for SLC standards, playing at Shotwell Stadium.

Their baseball stadium is above the level of most SLC stadiums, very similar to the Beck minus the turf. I don't know much about their basketball program.

UCO's basketball program has been outstanding of late, LU knows that very well as they were close to hiring their basketball HC.

[/quote]

uco lost to Incarnate Word in football..along with most everyone else they played...

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1011324" timestamp="1305509470"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=83714.msg1003387#msg1003387 date=1304049734]

[/quote]

uco lost to Incarnate Word in football..along with most everyone else they played...
[/quote]UCO accepted an invite to another DII conference for 2012. I don't know why, they would be perfect fit
for the SLC.

[quote name="coachacola" post="1011419" timestamp="1305556997"]
UNLV, you have LU in this "new" SLC.  Are you expecting LU to stay FCS for a while?
[/quote]I don't know cola. Right now, it is not looking good. I don't believe Lamar should sit in the corner waiting on the WAC. 1 year ago today, Lamar had 0 doors to FBS. The last 12 months open a door and Lamar nearly got in. The next 12 months could shut that door.
Lamar needs to seek new opportunities. If the WAC comes calling, ok. And if nothing comes up, we need to build up the SLC.

Things I will be watching in the coming months that could open a FBS door for Lamar.

1. If the status of the WAC does not change, Lamar may have a shot.
2. ULM
3. BE expansion
4. Big 12 expansion...long shot
5. MWC expansion
6. Sunbelt expansion.

All possible in the coming months.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Eyleo
    Newest Member
    Eyleo