LU NOT in WAC plans for expansion in 2012

That is really screwed! So much for the time being being FBS and boosting recruiting and student enrollment as well as bringing like BYU to PU! Maybe, we get extended an invitation to go back to the Sun Belt reuniting with ULL and ULM! I can't believe that! That is a bunch of bologna! I'm letting Comissioner Benson how much we feel about this!

Oh, well, we're probably not ready for the WAC or other FBS conferences! We'll probably need some more time to mature although we exceed the attendance of other WAC schools! Maybe one day like I said we'll be extended an invitation to rejoin the Sun Belt Conference! Anything can happen at any given moment! Just like everyone else that had been looking forward to this and as a former student at Lamar (college dropout but sooner or later I will go back and get my degree), I was not pretty thrilled about this!

I love it how Chris Dabe is recommending TODAY on his facebook page that "Everybody can settle down now" when his Enterprise blog YESTERDAY was: "Report: Lamar gives presentation to WAC, awaits decision."

I'll just refer you to my signature line.

|
      |
      V

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1008820" timestamp="1305138644"]
No how you feel, but Puddin is awful happy right now!
[/quote]

utah st, idaho, san jose, denver, new mexico st, sacremento st.....san marcos junior college

besides a bunch of "who cares", the wac is dying..

we go anywhere, its gotta be more regional/southern than the wac---and that leaves the sunbelt ..one or both of the florida teams are fixing to leave...

maybe the WAC to announce, Wac to expand threads will finally go to bed

Not good news for our programs.  While I can understand to some extent the lack of enthusiasm around SJSU, Idaho, Utah St., etc., all of those schools are more legitimate D-1 programs than half of what is left in the Southland.  With the loss of Texas St. and UTSA, you're down to 10 Southland members.  Nicholls has no business being a D-1 program, and all of the non-McNeese/LU Southland East Division programs are barely legitimate D-1 programs.  And those schools look downright appealing compared to what the Southland might have to turn to to fill their membership back up: Tarleton St.?  Delta St?  Houston Baptist?  Ick.

The reason that the WAC was appealing was less about how incredibly awesome the WAC is; it's more about the fact that the Southland of 2015 will look like a Division II or NAIA conference--and that's going to drag down any efforts that the legitimate athletic programs in the conference (LU, SFA, SHSU, McNeese) make to raise their profile.

Here's hoping maybe there is some possibility for LU to rejoin the Sun Belt.  It might be our last legit shot at moving up in profile.

To get invited to the WAC, 4 out of the 5 remaining schools have to vote yes.  San Jose State and Utah State are the ones holding out.  Next year Texas State, UTSA and Denver get to vote and they want Lamar in the conference.  Lamar will probably get invited next year because the WAC does need 8 football schools by 2014.

SJSU and USU want in the MWC badly but can't get in.  They want more western schools in the WAC but that's not happening either, so they are stalling. 

The NCAA basically said with their recent ruling that the WAC will be around for a while and that's the path to take from FCS to FBS football.  The WAC will probably expand to a 12 or 14 team conference (with east/west divisions) over the next few years and Lamar will more than likely be a part of that.

Cola, c'mon.
The best solution for the WAC needing 1 more football member was a FBS joining the WAC.
Didn't happen.
The 2nd best is a FCS moved quickly to FBS.
Well they have Lamar but didn't take them.
Why? because they don't want Lamar.
But you say next year UTSA, Tex st, and Denver will get Lamar the needed votes.

So if that is the case, why don't Idaho and San Jose do the smart thing by inviting Lamar and moving them to FBS quickly?
Is it out of spite?  Hold the conference hostage for a year?  Beg and plead for an alternative to Lamar.

I say no invite now, no invite ever. I will have no respect for Tubbs and Simmons if they allow the WAC to force them to beg on their knees.
Lets join the SBC. I with ya puddin.

[quote name="coachacola" post="1008864" timestamp="1305144939"]
To get invited to the WAC, 4 out of the 5 remaining schools have to vote yes.  San Jose State and Utah State are the ones holding out.  Next year Texas State, UTSA and Denver get to vote and they want Lamar in the conference.  Lamar will probably get invited next year because the WAC does need 8 football schools by 2014.

SJSU and USU want in the MWC badly but can't get in.  They want more western schools in the WAC but that's not happening either, so they are stalling. 

The NCAA basically said with their recent ruling that the WAC will be around for a while and that's the path to take from FCS to FBS football.  The WAC will probably expand to a 12 or 14 team conference (with east/west divisions) over the next few years and Lamar will more than likely be a part of that.
[/quote]

+1
That's exactly what's going on, Coach.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1008962" timestamp="1305164583"]
My source today pretty much feels that LU will not be in the WAC in 2012.  Pretty good source also!!! ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]

I thought you said they were going to be in the WAC in the first thread about this....

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="1009482" timestamp="1305240025"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=84148.msg1008962#msg1008962 date=1305164583]
My source today pretty much feels that LU will not be in the WAC in 2012.  Pretty good source also!!! ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]

I thought you said they were going to be in the WAC in the first thread about this....
[/quote]

if i only had a nickle for all of his "my source says"... ::)

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1009569" timestamp="1305247582"]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=84148.msg1009482#msg1009482 date=1305240025]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=84148.msg1008962#msg1008962 date=1305164583]
[/quote]

[/quote]

if i only had a nickle for all of his "my source says"... ::)
[/quote]

Like I said somewhere else, everyone's brother's mother's cousin is an inside and highly respected source close to Pres. Simmons, Tidwll, Coach Woodard, and President Obama.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham