Thunder(Supersonics) vs Mavericks.

I'm not sold on the Mavs whipping the Lakers.  They were not good this year.  Their guard defense have been suspect since the playoffs began.  Chris Paul is all the Hornets had, and he gave the Laker defense fits.  In the second round, Dallas benifeted from hitting WIDE OPEN 3's.  I can guarantee you that those 3 balls will not continue to fall, especially after this long layoff.  My question is who the heck will check Durant?  How will check Hardin when he comes in off the bench? 

I hate the Lakers but having the #2 seed going into the playoffs doesn't qualify as "not good this year." The Mavs just straight up outplayed the them and I think they lost their composure after the game 2 loss.

I think the Mavs in 6...would like to see OKC but I don't know who's going to stop Dirk.

[quote name="Rizon" post="1011658" timestamp="1305597584"]
I hate the Lakers but having the #2 seed going into the playoffs doesn't qualify as "not good this year." The Mavs just straight up outplayed the them and I think they lost their composure after the game 2 loss.

I think the Mavs in 6...would like to see OKC but I don't know who's going to stop Dirk.
[/quote]Who will stop Durant? (the 2011 NBA scoring champion)  that should be the question.

[quote name="Don't slap PAM or Brooke  too hard with your pimp hand,Jags." post="1011990" timestamp="1305660599"]
Wrong.  I think the X-Factor is Hardin coming in  off the bench.  They don't miss a beat scoring when either Durant or Westbrooks leave and he comes in.
[/quote]fear the beard!  :D

[quote name="Don't slap PAM or Brooke  too hard with your pimp hand,Jags." post="1011934" timestamp="1305655146"]
[quote author=Rizon link=topic=84311.msg1011658#msg1011658 date=1305597584]

[/quote]Who will stop Durant? (the 2011 NBA scoring champion)  that should be the question.
[/quote]

Looks like neither were stopped tonight. Dirk won the battle thought. We'll see what happens in game two.

I hate to say this but OKC will need to double Dirk the entire series and take their chances with the 3 point shooters.  (I know, Dallas is banking on OKC to do this).  But you cannot stop Dirk 1 on 1.  Also, OKC will need consistancy from BOTH Durant and Westbrooks.  Westbrooks had a horrible night but OKC was still hanging around.  I think OKC regroups and it will show in the next game.  Gut check time for the young guns.

Looks like Dirk is doing it again. A lot of youth showed tonight for the Thunder. They have a great future. A lot of awesome young talent there.

Russell Westbrook is a very good player. I would put him as a top 7 all around PG. Rose, Paul, Kidd, Rondo, Williams, Nash and Westbrook. They do it all. Look at the Numbers:

PPG      FG%    RB    AST.      PER

Paul                          15.9    .463    4.1    9.8      23.76
Westbrook                  21.9    .442    8.2    4.6      23.63
Rose                          25.0    .445    4.1    7.7      23.62
Williams                    20.1    .439    4.0  10.3      21.19
Nash                          14.7    .492    3.5  11.4      20.81
Rondo                        10.6    .475    4.4  11.2      17.11
Kidd                            7.9    .361    4.4    8.2      14.46

Seems like he is pretty good to me. It's obvious he is lacking on the Assisst. When he becomes a bit more of a true point he'll be one of the top three in the game. I haven't watched hime enough to know about his defense. Rondo and Kidd are great defensive players. Maybe someone else knows about Westbrook and his D. It's important to note, he's only 22.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32