Division I Baseball bracket released

So now you say March games don't count. Come on and they finished 7-3 in the last 10 games. Doesn't matter who they played. They started out like 18-1 all though those were mostly home games. It's funny how many pick conference tourney, but nobody has said why RPI wasn't the major factor like how it's been for years. Watch next year, you won't be seeing big non-conference matchups. Everybody will be padding records. BTW, LSU is real young, they'll bounce back next year.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Eagle. My deals is I don't think LSU deserved post season, but when you look at some of the teams that got in then you have to take LSU. They could of put LSU in Virginia's bracket as the #4 seed or something. Here's the reason why they didn't picket LSU, because every top seed in AMERICA is scared to play the Bayou Bengals this time of the year period :D ;D

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1016089" timestamp="1307103478"]
Thanks Eagle. My deals is I don't think LSU deserved post season, but when you look at some of the teams that got in then you have to take LSU. They could of put LSU in Virginia's bracket as the #4 seed or something. Here's the reason why they didn't picket LSU, because every top seed in AMERICA is scared to play the Bayou Bengals this time of the year period :D ;D
[/quote]

Now you blew it.  ;)

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1016096" timestamp="1307107005"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=84667.msg1016089#msg1016089 date=1307103478]
[/quote]

Now you blew it.  ;)
[/quote]
:D

Actually just exhausted on how the "power conferences" for so so many years got "in" to the NCAA's and mid majors got pushed out.... End of season tournaments hurt mid-majors overall, they dont create "money" for their conference... yet the power conferences make income, quality media coverage and allows a lower seed to earn a "bid"... But when New Mexico at 20-39 gets in their conference tournament, then win it, that takes a spot from another deserving program, as did Alcorn State.

Now however I do feel mid majors DO NOT get respect from media and average fans on how good these clubs play the game. With BBCore now in the game and locker rooms down sized to 35players max, these mid majors are going to rattle some teams in the regionals.

The 3 regionals which appear as a "o watch out" regional is UCLA in LA, TCU in Ft Worth, and the Houston Regional with Rice... not sure the number 1's get out alive in those 3. UCLA has no offense with an amzing pitching staff. TCU is going to have fits with Oral Roberts and DBU in there, and Rice makes for a curious team this season. But heck, its why they play the games, so we shall see...

NCAA Post season is as interesting as the Final Four in basketball. Its unfortunate these Texas programs(7made the tourney) will beat one another up, but it is what it is....

1 or 2 of these mid majors, IF they get quality starts from their starting pitchers, early in regional play, going 8innings deep, making it where they dont 'exhaust' their bullpens, then it wont suprise me if they move on to a Super Regional... but then most mid majors, if not all, wil be on the road for the best 2 of 3 which Im not sure they can sustain winning a super regional...

Guest baseball25
This proves right here that velocity is overated!!!!!!!!!!

DBU's Jared Stafford (8.1 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K) carved up the Horned Frogs with an 81-83 fastball and the ability to throw three secondary pitches in any count, according to DBU pitching coach Bob Keller

A few interesting decisions made within the past hour...

Rice and Cal tied at 3.. Rice has bases loaded, 1 out.. Cal gets a strike out on the 9hole a and weak grounder from their leadoff to 2nd base which ends inning, no runs...
THEN, Rice calls for a 30minute lightning delay... Cal's big Righty has went 2 2/3rds shutout ball but you can bet now he wont be coming back out in the 8th after sitting more then 30minutes from the "delay".
And then Rice will have their 2,3,4 coming to the plate when play resumes.

TCU coaching move was interesting in bottom of the 6th.. Down 4-3, bases loaded, They go to the pen for a lefty with a 9 ERA to face Elders(Oral Roberts top power guy - .325 hitter with 11homeruns).. 2 pitches into the count, GRANDSLAM to RF, Puts ORU up 8-3... a 9ERA guy to face ORU's top hitter with bases loaded... They leave the freshman Crichton sitting in the pen with 9decisions and a 1.9ERA and run out that lefty to get Elders... interesting...

Texas State goes to their game 1 starter in relief in the 9th with runners on 1st and 2nd 1 out verse Texas.. he then walks the bases loaded, falls behind 2-1 and gives up a dead middle of the plate FB to lose the game.

NCAA Regionals Baseball.... Decision making seperates the "quality from good"....

Guest baseball25
so could be baylor vs DBU in super regional, be awesome if DBU can make it to world series, but also who will host the super regioanal, will the ncaa do something crazy and let DBU host more than likely not but would be cool if they did!!!!

Guest baseball25
yep more than likely but LU pay the guy, tell him you will do anything for the baseball program get him at LU babyyy

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham