Division I Baseball bracket released

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baylor gets 1 in the 9th to take a 8-5 lead

Bot 9 for Cal
single, E4 on easy 4-6-3 DP ball, 5-4 FC runner at 3rd is caught in a run down and is safe at home, HBP, RBI Single, BB, K, 2 run walkoff single!!!

Baylor gives away the game in the 9th

Cal scores 4 in the 9th to take the Regional and will now face Dallas Baptist

Super Regionals
SEC - Vandy, Florida, Miss State, S Carolina
PAC 10 - Arizona State, Cal, Stanford, Oregon State
Big East - UConn
Independent - Dallas Baptist
ACC - Virginia, Fla State, North Carolina
Big 12 - Texas
Big West - UC-Irvine

Final Regional 1230pm Today
A&M - Arizona / Big12 vs Pac10

Looks like the PAC10 wasnt as bad as many thought this year.
And they should be ticked off cause every one of them(with exception of Cal) will be on the road for Super Regionals.
And UCLA had the number 1 and 3 pick in the MLB draft.
The NCAA is scrambling right now, where to host DBU and Cal. Niether facility "holds" nor built for a super regional.
When you look at Cals fan base and attendance, San Francisco @Cal 127paid attendance, Stanford @Cal 652paid attendance, USC @Cal 432paid attendance.
But with every PAC10 club on the road, you would think, the NCAA's have to give Cal this Super Regional.
A 6th place PAC10 school who went .500 in confernce(13-13) may HOST a Super while the remaining PAC10's are on the road.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="GTBBaseball" post="1016971" timestamp="1307459662"]
Super Regionals
SEC - Vandy, Florida, Miss State, S Carolina
PAC 10 - Arizona State, Cal, Stanford, Oregon State
Big East - UConn
Independent - Dallas Baptist
ACC - Virginia, Fla State, North Carolina
Big 12 - Texas
Big West - UC-Irvine

Final Regional 1230pm Today
A&M - Arizona / Big12 vs Pac10

Looks like the PAC10 wasnt as bad as many thought this year.
And they should be ticked off cause every one of them(with exception of Cal) will be on the road for Super Regionals.
And UCLA had the number 1 and 3 pick in the MLB draft.
The NCAA is scrambling right now, where to host DBU and Cal. Niether facility "holds" nor built for a super regional.
But with every PAC10 club on the road, you would think, the NCAA's have to give Cal this Super Regional.
A 6th place PAC10 school who went .500 in confernce(13-13) may HOST a Super while the remaining PAC10's are on the road.

[/quote]

I would bet that most of the members on the selection committee have not seen too many PAC 10 games.

from Baseball America:

The Division I Baseball Committee announced seven of the eight sites for next weekend's super regionals late Monday night. The host of the Dallas Baptist-California super regional is still undetermined, as neither team has adequate on-campus facilities without some work. NCAA spokesman J.D. Hamilton told BA that both schools will explore off-campus alternatives as well, and an announcement is expected by 1 p.m. ET on Tuesday.

"We want both schools to have a chance to find something that might be beneficial for both schools," Hamilton said. "The committee hasn't had something like this in a long time."

Potential off-campus sites in the Bay Area include Stanford's Sunken Diamond (the Cardinal will be in Chapel Hill) and the home of the high Class A San Jose Giants (who are at Modesto this weekend). Potential off-campus sites in the Metroplex include TCU's Lupton Stadium and QuikTrip Park, home of the independent Grand Prairie AirHogs. The AirHogs are also on the road this weekend. The Frisco RoughRiders are home this weekend.

DBU Home attendance
Sam Houston State @DBU 185Paid Attendance
Texas Tech @DBU 625Paid Attendance

Are 'Cal' and 'DBU' fans going to travel to a neutral site? Large stadiums are nice but who's putting their fanny's in those seats?
Plus larger venues are another expense. Ticket takers, concessions, field crews, use of facilities, and so forth, but you play on a schools campus, less money is spent to host or execute a 3game series. Heck, Maybe they can sale Ohio State #2 jerseys to enhance the overall income :)
But you never know, Bandwagons are touring when post season success hits a program.. so who knows.
The NCAA is looking at this one certain SUPER REGIONAL as a financial "uh-o" and you can bet your rump next season this fiasco WILL be looked at by the committee.
They have to be disappointed that Baylor let that 9th inning get away last night.
DBU @Baylor is a HUGE difference economically and with fan base support for a Super.

Its about pairing teams, and the fact TCU and RICE slipped up hurt the pairings.
Clemson @ SCarolina would been another great draw, but Clemson didnt close the deal.
Oregon State @ Vandy? AState @Texas? 2 huge fan bases who could be at home instead of going across country to the East to play 2of 3.

But its easy to "see it differently" after the fact.
Personally glad to see a small "shift" in the advancement of programs, UConn and DBU were both well deserving to advance.

[quote name="GTBBaseball" post="1016588" timestamp="1307310757"]
A few interesting decisions made within the past hour...

Rice and Cal tied at 3.. Rice has bases loaded, 1 out.. Cal gets a strike out on the 9hole a and weak grounder from their leadoff to 2nd base which ends inning, no runs...
THEN, Rice calls for a 30minute lightning delay... Cal's big Righty has went 2 2/3rds shutout ball but you can bet now he wont be coming back out in the 8th after sitting more then 30minutes from the "delay".
And then Rice will have their 2,3,4 coming to the plate when play resumes.

TCU coaching move was interesting in bottom of the 6th.. Down 4-3, bases loaded, They go to the pen for a lefty with a 9 ERA to face Elders(Oral Roberts top power guy - .325 hitter with 11homeruns).. 2 pitches into the count, GRANDSLAM to RF, Puts ORU up 8-3... a 9ERA guy to face ORU's top hitter with bases loaded... They leave the freshman Crichton sitting in the pen with 9decisions and a 1.9ERA and run out that lefty to get Elders... interesting...

Texas State goes to their game 1 starter in relief in the 9th with runners on 1st and 2nd 1 out verse Texas.. he then walks the bases loaded, falls behind 2-1 and gives up a dead middle of the plate FB to lose the game.

NCAA Regionals Baseball.... Decision making seperates the "quality from good"....
[/quote]

Actually the delay was legit...My son was playing at U of H at the same time. We in the stands were getting very concerned about the lightning...The second game was cancelled. The TCU and Texas State moves, I still have not figured out.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1018132" timestamp="1307932789"]
Hahaha, you can your tail they would've made a better showing then half of the teams that were in the field of 64. There's a reAson the SEC sends so many teams to Omaha every year. Even on down year my Tigers would've thumped tu!
[/quote]
::) :D

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1018397" timestamp="1308053865"]
Congrats to the Horns and Aggies. A tough road for both in Omaha. Good luck.
[/quote]

Thanks, Scalp 'Em.
I got some extra burnt Orange gear you can borrow for the next 2 weeks.  ;D

HOOK EM !

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1018421" timestamp="1308062530"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=84667.msg1018397#msg1018397 date=1308053865]
[/quote]

Thanks, Scalp 'Em.

HOOK EM !
[/quote]
I'm in Austin for business all of the time. I see enough burnt orange to make me puke. ;D Also, my wife being an A&M graduate, I would have to sleep outside! :D

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1018598" timestamp="1308146835"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=84667.msg1018421#msg1018421 date=1308062530]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=84667.msg1018397#msg1018397 date=1308053865]
[/quote]

Thanks, Scalp 'Em.

HOOK EM !
[/quote]
I'm in Austin for business all of the time. I see enough burnt orange to make me puke. ;D Also, my wife being an A&M graduate, I would have to sleep outside! :D
[/quote]

Yeah,  that probably wouldn't go over too well.  ;)

i'm left to root for the sec which has worked out well lately. my hogs lost too much pitching to injuries and couldn't hit out of a wet paper bag for parts of the season. college ball just blows away pro ball. rooting for the stros could be part of that. i can't believe thay don't have more of the regional games on tv. all i could find that first weekend was college softball. i can't stomach that....all of those running swings in those little league ballparks.

[quote name="spoonbill" post="1018640" timestamp="1308159052"]
i'm left to root for the sec which has worked out well lately. my hogs lost too much pitching to injuries and couldn't hit out of a wet paper bag for parts of the season. college ball just blows away pro ball. rooting for the stros could be part of that. i can't believe thay don't have more of the regional games on tv. all i could find that first weekend was [glow=red,2,300]college softball. i can't stomach that....all of those running swings in those little league ballparks.[/glow][/quote]

Don't knock it till you try it ! One of the best sports there is ! ;)

[quote name="CRUSHCOACH" post="1018676" timestamp="1308164685"]
[quote author=spoonbill link=topic=84667.msg1018640#msg1018640 date=1308159052]
i'm left to root for the sec which has worked out well lately. my hogs lost too much pitching to injuries and couldn't hit out of a wet paper bag for parts of the season. college ball just blows away pro ball. rooting for the stros could be part of that. i can't believe thay don't have more of the regional games on tv. all i could find that first weekend was [glow=red,2,300]college softball. i can't stomach that....all of those running swings in those little league ballparks.[/glow][/quote]

Don't knock it till you try it ! One of the best sports there is ! ;)
[/quote]no disrespect but i have tried and it's not my cup of tea. they have some great athletes with great emotion, but i just can't get into it. there are a lot of people that can't stand baseball too. different strokes for different folks. good luck in all of your endeavors.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham