Heady Lunceford impresses all-stars

That's him.  That's the big Offensive lineman that I've been raving out.  He's big and mean and he was one of the main reasons that the PN-G offense was so unstoppable last year.  He pass blocks good, pancakes on run plays (PN-G ran to his side a majority of the times), and have that intimidation factor that you look for with the 'trench warfare'.  Good to see that Coach Neumann recognizes it as well!

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1017644" timestamp="1307725191"]
Lumby is a mean dude on the football field!!!!!
[/quote]So very true.  I've seen 2 PN-G games last year.  Everytime I've seen him, I was telling other fans.  'Look at the big PN-G player.  We need a player like that.  He's big and mean.  He's in  you face, pushing you around, looking at you with a mean look and just downright intimidating the defensive guy he lines up against.'

My favorite memory of last year was an outstanding play Lunceford made in the Texas City game. The Indians went for a 2 point conversion after a TD. Doty threw over the middle and it got picked off by a linebacker that almost returned it for a score. Greg ran the dude down from across the field. I went nuts in the stands. I think I was the only one in my section that realized an offensive lineman was the one who ran down the interception. The Indian OL play was a joy to watch last year. I just hope they schooled the younger players that will fill their shoes this year. Good luck to Greg at Kilgore. I too, think we will see some more of him. Great kid and an impressive athlete.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32