Texas A&M vs. Florida St.- Aggies win!!!!

This is the first year in a long time that I remember seeing the Ags win big games in multiple sports in the same sporting year. Things are finally coming around. But for those that only know of the big three sports, A&M has won 13 NCs in the last three years and mens and womens track and field just wind their 3rd consecutive. And to you longhorn fans out there, this is quite a good feeling. Now let's just meet up in the finals and then we'll have some real fun

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1018339" timestamp="1308014775"]
I'm suprised Wacha went back out there for the 8th.  He is at 122 pitches now.  You would think we would have learned our lesson with Stilson.

Severe Weather warning at FSU.  Hopefully they can finish the game
[/quote]

Congrats on the win..
Makes no sense to have Wacha pitching in the 8th, in the rain no less. Playing with fire.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1018407" timestamp="1308059113"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=84913.msg1018339#msg1018339 date=1308014775]
I'm suprised Wacha went back out there for the 8th.  He is at 122 pitches now.  You would think we would have learned our lesson with Stilson.

[/quote]

Congrats on the win..
Makes no sense to have Wacha pitching in the 8th, in the rain no less. Playing with fire.
[/quote]

I said the exact same thing. I know Childress was going to let him get his 120 in but he ended the 7th at 114, and a 9-2 lead (I believe at the time). Let him rest, the next week is going to be a marathon. Wish I had the time to make a little jog up north and watch how baseball is supposed to be played

[quote name="horndawg" post="1018414" timestamp="1308062189"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=84913.msg1018407#msg1018407 date=1308059113]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=84913.msg1018339#msg1018339 date=1308014775]

[/quote]

Congrats on the win..
[/quote]

I said the exact same thing. I know Childress was going to let him get his 120 in but he ended the 7th at 114, and a 9-2 lead (I believe at the time). Let him rest, the next week is going to be a marathon. Wish I had the time to make a little jog up north and watch how baseball is supposed to be played
[/quote]

My main concern would've been having your "new" ace incur an injury in the dismal weather with a very comfortable lead..Anyway it worked out for you guys..Best of luck...Let's meet in the 'Ship.  ;D

[quote name="oldollie" post="1018420" timestamp="1308062476"]
Maybe we can get you guys Childress and Augies cell phone numbers, I am sure they would love to have ya'lls imput on pitching changes during the World Series! ;D ;)
[/quote]

I realize you are joking. Nevertheless, I stand by my opinion. Makes no sense....again mainly because of the weather.
As far as Augie, he needs to hire a hitting coach. It's actually painful watching my Horns' approach at the plate.

[quote name="oldollie" post="1018424" timestamp="1308062871"]
Yea, just a joke. But FSU scored 23 runs on A&M pitching the day before. If Chidress had pulled Wacha and the Noles bats exploded on the Ags bullpen( and they are very capable of doing that) everyone would be calling for Childress' job today!! :)
[/quote]

I agree, except in the 23-run game.....you guys threw, even started pitchers who have not thrown very much. IMO, the score of that game is very misleading and means nothing. I actually agreed with Childress' moves in that game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou