West Brook Qualifies for State in 7on7

[quote name="BMTJags" post="1019660" timestamp="1308580177"]
I'm not sold on anything 7 on 7.  Put the pads on and show me something.
[/quote]

I agree.  7 0n 7 is just dressed up 2-below, but it is encouraging to hear that Stump is throwing the ball well.

[quote name="westend1" post="1019662" timestamp="1308580339"]
[quote author=BMTJags link=topic=85059.msg1019660#msg1019660 date=1308580177]
[/quote]

I agree.  7 0n 7 is just dressed up 2-below, but it is encouraging to hear that Stump is throwing the ball well.
[/quote]Well, with Lil' Stump, it wasn't his throwing that I had questions about.

[quote name="westend1" post="1019662" timestamp="1308580339"]
[/quote]

I agree.  7 0n 7 is just dressed up 2-below, but [b]it is encouraging to hear that Stump is throwing the ball well.[/b][/quote]This is quite the suprise. I hope I am wrong about him.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1019705" timestamp="1308588710"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=85059.msg1019662#msg1019662 date=1308580339]
[/quote]

I agree.  7 0n 7 is just dressed up 2-below, but [b]it is encouraging to hear that Stump is throwing the ball well.[/b][/quote]This is quite the suprise. I hope I am wrong about him.
[/quote]wait til they put the pads on  ;)

Pads? It makes it that much harder for those that aren't conditioned. Central IMO looked well. They don't have the confidence to beat WB IMO. I hear the chatter amongst the boys. WB will do better than what folks think a lot like the team a couple of years ago. Young. The biggest issue with WB as it was last year is staying healthy in 5A football. The conditioning and coaching will be there. I agree 7 o7 isn't much, but it does require the defense to be in position "without contact" this can prove to be beneficial once pads are on. IMO our local officials allow too much contact, at times, in 7 on 7. if it is touch play touch. If pads play pads. Again, Stump looked great. Give WB a healthy OL and watch out.

[quote name="Popa Blu" post="1020107" timestamp="1308717515"]
Pads? It makes it that much harder for those that aren't conditioned. Central IMO looked well. They don't have the confidence to beat WB IMO. I hear the chatter amongst the boys. WB will do better than what folks think a lot like the team a couple of years ago. Young. [b]The biggest issue with WB as it was last year is staying healthy in 5A football.[/b] The conditioning and coaching will be there. I agree 7 o7 isn't much, but it does require the defense to be in position "without contact" this can prove to be beneficial once pads are on. IMO our local officials allow too much contact, at times, in 7 on 7. if it is touch play touch. If pads play pads. Again, Stump looked great. Give WB a healthy OL and watch out.
[/quote]A remedy to this problem might be to carry more that 40-45 players oin the varsity. With only one backup at most positions, if a starter becomes injured, it shortens the depth chart that much more. IMO, more players on the varsity, would be an asset. This way, you could constantly rotate in fresh legs and lessen the chance for an injury. I noticed last year for the Katy game, in pre-game warmups, they had 4 complete offensive units out there warming up. I would venture to say they had the same amount of complete defensive units. If an injury occurs to a starter, his spot could be filled quickly without missing a beat. I know Stump would rather a player participate on the JV rather than sit the bench on the varsity, but we've got the population at WB to pull this off. We would win more games by shear atrition, this way, than the current format. Again, this is all just my opinion. Good luck to the Bruins this year, as I know we will still be relevant and competitive.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32