HJ Reloading !

No, it will probably survive.  The main offender who, so often intentionally disparaged people harshly and was so reasonably and objectively likened to Dicky V has departed the board, thus allowing it to become a love fest between well reasoned republicans and affectionate democrats and basically a model of decorum.  I can envision Kumbaya being sung frequently and a general sense of well being penetrating the forum.  By the way, if I want to ask Dove a question in this forum, will I be allowed to start a thread that says" Dove, I have a question for you"?  It's lucky for you that "nobody" saw your post entitled "Hunter brothers transferring to Ozen".  I certainly saw nothing wrong with that but there are some who would have classified that post as "indecent, disrespectful and calling them out".

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="stevenash" post="1045049" timestamp="1314736255"]
No, it will probably survive.  The main offender who, so often intentionally disparaged people harshly and was so reasonably and objectively likened to Dicky V has departed the board, thus allowing it to become a love fest between well reasoned republicans and affectionate democrats and basically a model of decorum.  I can envision Kumbaya being sung frequently and a general sense of well being penetrating the forum.  By the way, if I want to ask Dove a question in this forum, will I be allowed to start a thread that says" Dove, I have a question for you"?  It's lucky for you that "nobody" saw your post entitled "Hunter brothers transferring to Ozen".  I certainly saw nothing wrong with that but there are some who would have classified that post as "indecent, disrespectful and calling them out".
[/quote]

First of all, I posted a news article about the Hunter brothers transferring to Ozen. That was the title of the article. I don't see how that would offend anyone.

As for you asking Dove a question, couldn't that be done in a pm? If you are wanting more than Dove's response, then ask the question to the entire board.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1045104" timestamp="1314739645"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=85458.msg1045049#msg1045049 date=1314736255]
[/quote]

First of all, I posted a news article about the Hunter brothers transferring to Ozen. That was the title of the article. I don't see how that would offend anyone.

As for you asking Dove a question, couldn't that be done in a pm? If you are wanting more than Dove's response, then ask the question to the entire board.
[/quote]

Good point about posting a news article.  I agree wholeheartedly.  Thats why I feel it is important to look at the comment/post in its full context as opposed to just screaming that saying that, since you mentioned names in the post heading, there was something wrong with that.  And, yes I can PM Dove.  However, most of my exchanges with Dove are on the light side and several other posters who know the both of us often enjoy participating in the commentary.  Its kind of like the law.  Some interpret the law verbatim while others try to enforce the intent of the law.(aka;  No need to stop a guy driving 80MPH in 70MPH zone if you know he is rushing to the hospital because his wife is about to give birth to their first child)  I know you are a moderator and I fully comprehend/appreciate the importance of "supervisory unity" and therefore cannot expect you to agree with me.  It is what it is.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1045120" timestamp="1314740583"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=85458.msg1045104#msg1045104 date=1314739645]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Good point about posting a news article.  I agree wholeheartedly.  Thats why I feel it is important to look at the comment/post in its full context as opposed to just screaming that saying that, since you mentioned names in the post heading, there was something wrong with that.  And, yes I can PM Dove.  However, most of my exchanges with Dove are on the light side and several other posters who know the both of us often enjoy participating in the commentary.  Its kind of like the law.  Some interpret the law verbatim while others try to enforce the intent of the law.(aka;  No need to stop a guy driving 80MPH in 70MPH zone if you know he is rushing to the hospital because his wife is about to give birth to their first child)  I know you are a moderator and I fully comprehend/appreciate the importance of "supervisory unity" and therefore cannot expect you to agree with me.  It is what it is.
[/quote]

I love you man....you are hilarious

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1045514" timestamp="1314809654"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=85458.msg1045120#msg1045120 date=1314740583]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=85458.msg1045104#msg1045104 date=1314739645]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Poppa- it was you and Lazeek who I was thinking about when I mentioned posting questions on the board so that you too, could see them-  By the way Dove- dont be talking about you and me and group hugs- people might think we are friends - 

[quote name="stevenash" post="1045550" timestamp="1314813805"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=85458.msg1045514#msg1045514 date=1314809654]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=85458.msg1045120#msg1045120 date=1314740583]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Poppa- it was you and Lazeek who I was thinking about when I mentioned posting questions on the board so that you too, could see them-  By the way Dove- dont be talking about you and me and group hugs- people might think we are friends -
[/quote]Sorry Nash ;)

It is very kind of you to respond with such a high degree of civility. SInce I no longer need to worry about Sour Lake ATM availability, I will concentrate on filming your broadcast of the Nov 29 Ozen game along with AAW.  That is going to be the best and most profitable investment I ever made.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1045572" timestamp="1314816087"]
It is very kind of you to respond with such a high degree of civility. SInce I no longer need to worry about Sour Lake ATM availability, I will concentrate on filming your broadcast of the Nov 29 Ozen game along with AAW.  That is going to be the best and most profitable investment I ever made.
[/quote] :D 8)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1045603" timestamp="1314820503"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=85458.msg1045572#msg1045572 date=1314816087]
[/quote]

By the way Dove- I have already asked this of a moderator but will pose a similar question to you-  If I have a question that I want you to see and respond to, will you be overtly offended if I say something like "Dove, I have a question for you" as the thread heading and regard such a statement as disrespectful and mean spirited?  My thinking is that if I mention your name , you are more likely to see the question and respond to it because I don't think it is safe to assume that you are reading every comment within every exiting thread on the board and therefore, might not see the question.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1045609" timestamp="1314821065"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=85458.msg1045603#msg1045603 date=1314820503]
[/quote]

By the way Dove- I have already asked this of a moderator but will pose a similar question to you-  If I have a question that I want you to see and respond to, will you be overtly offended if I say something like "Dove, I have a question for you" as the thread heading and regard such a statement as disrespectful and mean spirited?  My thinking is that if I mention your name , you are more likely to see the question and respond to it because I don't think it is safe to assume that you are reading every comment within every exiting thread on the board and therefore, might not see the question.
[/quote]I was taught to respect my elders. Yes sir I agree with you  ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1045627" timestamp="1314822635"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=85458.msg1045609#msg1045609 date=1314821065]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=85458.msg1045603#msg1045603 date=1314820503]
[/quote]

[/quote]I was taught to respect my elders. Yes sir I agree with you  ;D
[/quote]
Thank you. I would expect nothing less from an ardent representative of the "party of compassion"

[quote name="stevenash" post="1044927" timestamp="1314728397"]
[quote author=Jay Bilas link=topic=85458.msg1044915#msg1044915 date=1314727858]
That is the BEST way IMO (little dribblers) to build a program in ANY area. I am not sure how they do it at Houston Yates, but in Kingwood, that is the reason for the success that they have had there. What makes it hard on them is the fact that they have built Kingwood Park and Atascosita High Schools, which are in essence, splitting the kids up.  As far as the inner city programs, such as Yates, I don't think they have such a thing. One major advantage that I see you guys having at Hardin Jefferson is the fact that you get ALL of the kids that you are supposed to get..That makes a big difference.
[/quote]

Oh, yes a big difference.  there are around 240 males in the entire school.  How does that compare to the numbers at the two you mentioned?
[/quote]The kicker is that half those 240 are beasts!

[quote name="stevenash" post="1044903" timestamp="1314727497"]
[quote author=Jay Bilas link=topic=85458.msg1044890#msg1044890 date=1314726734]
Not intending to down your area, but my point was what is actually in Sour Lake that would make a family up and move there from somewhere else. You have answered that question. And so do they usually just happen to have a son that can play ball, too? usually? I am sure Sour Lake is a fine place to live.
[/quote]

NO - very few move ins in Sour Lake who have good basketball players.( in fact, I have been watching this program since 1984 and this is the first one I can think of that has a chance to make a substantial impact even though  he is not likely to start- is it that way at Yates?)  Little Dribblers program is a good one and develops the overwhelming majority of those who play at Hardin Jefferson- ( i think that is the way it is supposed to be done and, if it was that way everywhere, HJs basketball history might be even better than it currently is)
[/quote]

I have to bring into question the level of intelligence of the Twin County Little Dribbler board members - they allowed me to coach two years!!! ;D ;D ;D 

[quote name="bmrm" post="1047327" timestamp="1315003628"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=85458.msg1044903#msg1044903 date=1314727497]
Not intending to down your area, but my point was what is actually in Sour Lake that would make a family up and move there from somewhere else. You have answered that question. And so do they usually just happen to have a son that can play ball, too? usually? I am sure Sour Lake is a fine place to live.
[/quote]

NO - very few move ins in Sour Lake who have good basketball players.( in fact, I have been watching this program since 1984 and this is the first one I can think of that has a chance to make a substantial impact even though  he is not likely to start- is it that way at Yates?)  Little Dribblers program is a good one and develops the overwhelming majority of those who play at Hardin Jefferson- ( i think that is the way it is supposed to be done and, if it was that way everywhere, HJs basketball history might be even better than it currently is)
[/quote]

I have to bring into question the level of intelligence of the Twin County Little Dribbler board members - they allowed me to coach two years!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Is your name Phil Jackson?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1047357" timestamp="1315007005"]
[quote author=bmrm link=topic=85458.msg1047327#msg1047327 date=1315003628]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=85458.msg1044903#msg1044903 date=1314727497]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is your name Phil Jackson?
[/quote]

HA!  He wasn't nearly as successful as I! 

[quote name="stevenash" post="1050619" timestamp="1315329060"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=85458.msg1050607#msg1050607 date=1315328274]
Sure would be funny if HJ didn't make playoffs this year
[/quote]\

Translation = A dream come true for "some"/"one"
[/quote]LOL! I knew I would draw Nash out of hiding.  lol :D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1050609" timestamp="1315328388"]
[/quote]

Don't bet on it.

And if you do, I want some of that action.
[/quote]Nah, they've been lucky all these years to bet against ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1050659" timestamp="1315330832"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=85458.msg1050609#msg1050609 date=1315328388]
[/quote]

Don't bet on it.

And if you do, I want some of that action.
[/quote]Nah, they've been lucky all these years to bet against ;D
[/quote]

Luck is a wonderful thing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4