PNG

Guest Pirate_pride_07

[quote name="shovel" post="1027928" timestamp="1311602323"]
When I think of the D1 players hype, I cant help but think about Dominic Merka at Crosby. This young man is a very gifted and highly recruited athlete. He had limited success at the high school level because he didnt have enough help. Football is a team sport. Remember Ivory Williams at Central? A wide reciever with world-class speed, but they couldnt get the ball to him. Football is a team sport. Brenham Fan, you are right though. It does take good coaching AND talent.
[/quote]For your information, Ivory Williams had limited success at Central on the football team because he was held back from his potiention by his parents.  They wanted him to be a track star.  As a sophmore, he played RB and was an absolute man among boys.  After that, they wanted him on limited usage.  They wanted him in maybe twice a drive.  So, IMO, 'Chopper' may be a bad example.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right Soulja, bad example. I may have been misinformed. I was told that the only reason Ivory played football was because his parents wanted him to. It would have been a shame if this kid got hurt playing football when he excelled at the track. It is a bigger shame that poor personal decisions have all but destroyed his track career.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32