Which classification do you think is the class of Texas?

4A- The best teams in 4A, (Lake Travis, Aledo, Denton Ryan, Cedar Park, etc.) IMO, can beat the best 5A teams.  Take Cibolo Steele for example...  Two years ago in 4A, they were bounced in the 2nd round.  Last year was their first year in 5A, and they won the state championship.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1023051" timestamp="1310097580"]
4A- The best teams in 4A, (Lake Travis, Aledo, Denton Ryan, Cedar Park, etc.) [/quote]

I agree. 5A Pearland was probably THE one best team last year, but as a group, the top 5 4A's would probably go 3-2 vs. the top five 5A's. LT and Aledo were very strong.  

That's a hard choice but @ Jerry's world I enjoyed alot of games for the state championship games.It was electrofying to watch J.Gray run for Aledo but the game I enjoyed was how awesome Carthage was on both sides of the pigskin.I thought Pearland was outmatched so we left to early @ the half to get a jump on traffic,but listened to our dis-belief on the am radio as they beat Euless Trinity who looked like a college team in size.I like em all 3A-5A.I've not been to a college/pro game in over 10 yrs but caught hundreds of HS games.Just can't beat the price/seat/concessions and close drive home.I'm in favor of more sat.games so I can see more ;)

4A if you take the classicfication as a whole. I think there are more overall quality teams in 4A then 5A. 3A is beginning to get better as well. I think what's happening is some of the powerhouse teams of the past are dropping in enrollment with the addition of new schools and it's flooding the 4A division now.

I agree on those going with 4A. Everytime you see a good 5A that drops to 4A I think they are going to run the table and pick up a title in 4A, but as most recently Longview learned it wasn't going to be that easy.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="liltex" post="1023089" timestamp="1310127693"]
Pearland was outmatched so we left to early @ the half to get a jump on traffic,but listened to our dis-belief on the am radio as they beat Euless Trinity who looked like a college team in size.[/quote]

Proof positive that TEAMWORK can beat [i]internationally recruited [/i] HOTDOGS! lol!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou