Question about Mid County Madness

If that were going to happen, PN-G and Nederland would both have to be DI with the current district makeup, and neither Central nor Vidor could be in the playoffs because either would knock PN-G down to DII.

In other words, it's highly unlikely. However, if it were to happen, it would be insane. It'd have to be held at Reliant to hold everyone and I-10 would be backed up all the way to Winnie.

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="1023555" timestamp="1310269948"]
If that were going to happen, PN-G and Nederland would boh have to be DI with the current district makeup, and neither Central nor Vidor could be in the playoffs because either would knock PN-G down to DII.

[b]In other words, it's highly unlikely. However, if it were to happen, it would be insane. It'd have to be held at Reliant to hold everyone and I-10 would be backed up all the way to Winnie.[/b]
[/quote] :o

Guest Pirate_pride_07
I wouldn't say it would have to be held at Reliant but it would definitely require some room. I'd probably say The new BISD stadium. It looks pretty big and looks like it could hold the town of PNG and Nederland in it lol. But that would definitely be a ticket I would have to get and not miss. Better arrive at like 3 if you wanna get good seats lol.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1025160" timestamp="1310782896"]
I wouldn't say it would have to be held at Reliant but it would definitely require some room. I'd probably say The new BISD stadium. It looks pretty big and looks like it could hold the town of PNG and Nederland in it lol. But that would definitely be a ticket I would have to get and not miss. Better arrive at like 3 if you wanna get good seats lol.
[/quote]

The BISD stadium is actually smaller than Indian Stadium; ours seats 2,500 more people.

If it were to be held locally, it would have to be held at Lamar, but I would spring for a larger Houston area stadium because the extra tickets would undoubtedly offset the increased transportation costs. Throw in the prestige of a late round playoff game, the easier access for out-of-town PN-G and Nederland fans, and the electric atmosphere of Mid-County Madness, and the crowd could easily exceed 30,000. That's no exaggeration; PN-G crowds alone have been known to exceed 20,000 in the later rounds of the playoffs leading up to the state championship. No SETX stadium can handle crowds of that size.

[quote name="VPirate" post="1025217" timestamp="1310819219"]
All-Time Attendance Records for Texas High School Football Playoff Games:

(1) 49,953 Plano vs.[b] Port Neches-Groves[/b], Texas Stadium 1977- state championship game

[/quote]

We also had a few playoff games with 30,000+ fans at the Astrodome and at Kyle Field during the 1999 state championship run. The championship itself attracted a little over 39,000 fans (34,000 sat on the PN-G side), which set the record for a high school game at the Dome.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou