Kirbyville Playoff predictions

[quote name="speedkills" post="1038853" timestamp="1313960481"]
No offense to any of you Kirbyville fans (I am one myself) but I have seen them scrimmage both times and unless you watch them please dont set yourselves up for a serving of crow Kirbyville is rebuilding with an almost all around new look coaching staff i dont think they will compete with the better schools like WO-S or Coldsprings this year just saying
[/quote]Yes ...we are struggling ... but I have also watched quite a few practices ... the improvement from day to day is apparent .... We are having to put together a rebuilt O line, due to the decision of some uperclassmen leaders who decided to leave, we have a quarterback who is in only his second start, a new backfield, ... These young men are working hard and will improve ... The defense has been fair, but is still working with a new secondary, new linebackers, and freshmen and sophomores playing an important roll ... I have said before..and I will say it again .... what you witnessed in the scrimmages is what it was ... Silsbee (a borderline 3A\4A school with double our student body), Ozan (triple our student body) facing a small 3A\2A school, with about 60 - 70 % of players who have never seen a snap on varsity. In case ya didn't notice ... some players played some on freshman and jv games before varsity scrimmage .. The coaches are working to see what they have ... these young men will fight through this ...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EagleFan01
[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="1039168" timestamp="1313982035"]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=85694.msg1038853#msg1038853 date=1313960481]
No offense to any of you Kirbyville fans (I am one myself) but I have seen them scrimmage both times and unless you watch them please dont set yourselves up for a serving of crow Kirbyville is rebuilding with an almost all around new look coaching staff i dont think they will compete with the better schools like WO-S or Coldsprings this year just saying
[/quote]Yes ...we are struggling ... but I have also watched quite a few practices ... the improvement from day to day is apparent .... We are having to put together a rebuilt O line, due to the decision of some uperclassmen leaders who decided to leave, we have a quarterback who is in only his second start, a new backfield, ... These young men are working hard and will improve ... The defense has been fair, but is still working with a new secondary, new linebackers, and freshmen and sophomores playing an important roll ... I have said before..and I will say it again .... what you witnessed in the scrimmages is what it was ... Silsbee (a borderline 3A\4A school with double our student body), Ozan (triple our student body) facing a small 3A\2A school, with about 60 - 70 % of players who have never seen a snap on varsity. In case ya didn't notice ... some players played some on freshman and jv games before varsity scrimmage .. The coaches are working to see what they have ... these young men will fight through this ...
[/quote]

Why is it when a team is not very good the fans of that team automatically bring up the fact that they are a small school playing up in a division they shouldn't be in.. You sound like Buna a few years back when they were 3A and saying they couldn't compete because they were to small for 3A.. Kirbyville is just not any good this year has nothing to do with what classification they are in. Im sorry if that offends some people but Im just letting you know how the cow eats the cabbage.. For years Newton was one of the smallest 3A teams in the state and year in and year out we went out and compteted and never once did you hear the Newton fans moan and groan about how we can't win because we are to small we just had the the talent to compete and right now Kirbyville doesn't have that. Sorry if I hurt anyone feelings this is just how I feel.

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="1039227" timestamp="1313988334"]
[quote author=BigWildcat11 link=topic=85694.msg1039168#msg1039168 date=1313982035]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=85694.msg1038853#msg1038853 date=1313960481]
[/quote]

Why is it when a team is not very good the fans of that team automatically bring up the fact that they are a small school playing up in a division they shouldn't be in.. You sound like Buna a few years back when they were 3A and saying they couldn't compete because they were to small for 3A.. Kirbyville is just not any good this year has nothing to do with what classification they are in. Im sorry if that offends some people but Im just letting you know how the cow eats the cabbage.. For years Newton was one of the smallest 3A teams in the state and year in and year out we went out and compteted and never once did you hear the Newton fans moan and groan about how we can't win because we are to small we just had the the talent to compete and right now Kirbyville doesn't have that. Sorry if I hurt anyone feelings this is just how I feel.
[/quote]

Maybe you should read his statment again without jumping to conclusions.  I dont think that is what he meant at all.  I think he was referring to how many kids we lost and how young our team is playing teams that are larger with more experience.  I think the topic here was our youth not our size!  So take you, your cow, your cabbage and your opinions back across 87 where it belongs.  LOL  ;D

[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="1039168" timestamp="1313982035"]
[/quote]
Yes I have noticed the freshman and I'm not gonna argue about the size school difference with Ozen and Silsbee we scheduled them because we thought we could compete size of the student should not be an excuse considering we scheduled them and yes we will improve as the year progress's I truly believe that

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="1039227" timestamp="1313988334"]
[quote author=BigWildcat11 link=topic=85694.msg1039168#msg1039168 date=1313982035]
[/quote]

[/quote]
EagleFan001 as bad as i hate to say it I agree with you on the size difference

[quote name="speedkills" post="1039252" timestamp="1314013697"]
[quote author=EagleFan01 link=topic=85694.msg1039227#msg1039227 date=1313988334]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]  I agree too that happens alot and is pretty normal but I still dont think that is what he was complaining about.

If you'll will look, Coldspring is the smallest school in our district, you have never heard us cry about it, never will. going thru growing pains is what happens after you lose a big senior class, we have this problem this year also, I dont expect Kville to come out and just lay down for anyone, lotta pride and good players over there, I wish them luck in what looks to be a pretty tough district, hopefully  we'll see ya'll in the playoffs again this year.

[quote name="Trojanfan" post="1039258" timestamp="1314015114"]
If you'll will look, Coldspring is the smallest school in our district, you have never heard us cry about it, never will. going thru growing pains is what happens after you lose a big senior class, we have this problem this year also, I dont expect Kville to come out and just lay down for anyone, lotta pride and good players over there, I wish them luck in what looks to be a pretty tough district, hopefully  we'll see ya'll in the playoffs again this year.
[/quote]

Thanks Trojanfan :)

Guest EagleFan01
[quote name="rykerx144" post="1039256" timestamp="1314014348"]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=85694.msg1039252#msg1039252 date=1314013697]
[quote author=EagleFan01 link=topic=85694.msg1039227#msg1039227 date=1313988334]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]  I agree too that happens alot and is pretty normal but I still dont think that is what he was complaining about.
[/quote]

Looked to me like there was some complaining going on and some excuse making for the reason Kville was dominated in there scrimmages against Ozen and Silsbee talking about how they had more kids and stuff like that.

I for one will not make excuses for kirbyville! I feel that this year program will be a learning process for the young men and hope they will take advantage of this experience. Kirbyville will be better next year but this year is only a foundation to build on with the coaching staff and the young players. :P

[quote name="lobos" post="1039374" timestamp="1314037261"]
I for one will not make excuses for kirbyville! I feel that this year program will be a learning process for the young men and hope they will take advantage of this experience. Kirbyville will be better next year but this year is only a foundation to build on with the coaching staff and the young players. :P
[/quote]
Well put lobos

[quote name="CATS80" post="1039556" timestamp="1314063247"]
I do not think anyone can predict KV's season outcome over two scrimages. Good coaches will use these scrimages to work on whats needed and maybe make moves where needed. let the season roll on I believe KV will be just fine. Good luck to you Guys.
[/quote]
I agree. A good coaching staff can take inexperienced players and make them competitive. Alvarez did it when he got to Kirbyville. As for the number of kids thing, we have already proved over the past couple of years that we can compete with anyone no matter the  difference in enrollment. This season will show us how good our coaching staff is and how determined the players are.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1040991" timestamp="1314358688"]
[quote author=bulldogs1990 link=topic=85694.msg1040755#msg1040755 date=1314309807]
Kirbyville will no make the playoffs
[/quote]

We really don't mind missing the play-offs...We been going to State and deep into the play-offs for 5 or 6 years....We need this vacation.. ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
Looks like someone is already preparing for defeat  ::)  ;D  :D

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1041530" timestamp="1314400822"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=85694.msg1040991#msg1040991 date=1314358688]
[quote author=bulldogs1990 link=topic=85694.msg1040755#msg1040755 date=1314309807]
[/quote]

We really don't mind missing the play-offs...We been going to State and deep into the play-offs for 5 or 6 years....We need this vacation.. ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
[/quote]

You don't prepare for defeat....It's always un-expected.... ;) That was a tongue in cheek remark.... :D :D

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1041548" timestamp="1314402861"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=85694.msg1041530#msg1041530 date=1314400822]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=85694.msg1040991#msg1040991 date=1314358688]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

You don't prepare for defeat....It's always un-expected.... ;) That was a tongue in cheek remark.... :D :D
[/quote]
Oh lol okay. I gotcha lol.  ;D

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1025175" timestamp="1310785129"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=85694.msg1025161#msg1025161 date=1310782968]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=85694.msg1025116#msg1025116 date=1310770948]
Look out 89Falcon....we hear this same crap every year! We know Coldspring have some talented players, but we have STUD players too! You better recognize!! Yes we are in a rebuilding year, but doesn't mean we're lacking in talent. dang football season need to hurry up!

[/quote]
You are the favorites in the district for now. If Jasper gets on board with the new coach then Jasper will be the leader. Kville will not be able to keep pace with the larger schools on a year in year out basis. I fully expect you to make the playoffs but you will not beat Coldsprings in the pre-district.
[/

Hey man...what school you represent? Coldspring beat us for the very first time...they gonna have to prove they can beat the Cats again. Dont hide if the Cats prove you and others wrong once AGAIN! You sound silly as far as saying competing with "Larger" schools year in year out. We came back from 2a this past season and dominated everybody we played. Keep in mind Kirbyville have some solid players coming up and Coach Neece will make grown men out of them..... trust me. Im not gonna keep posting about this nonsense, just wait until the season starts and we'll see what kind of team the Trojans have.
[/quote]
Well, I guess I have been right about this whole discussion. The only thing I am not sure of now is if you, Diboll, or Huntington gets the 3rd spot.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1042426" timestamp="1314449243"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=85694.msg1025175#msg1025175 date=1310785129]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=85694.msg1025116#msg1025116 date=1310770948]
Look out 89Falcon....we hear this same crap every year! We know Coldspring have some talented players, but we have STUD players too! You better recognize!! Yes we are in a rebuilding year, but doesn't mean we're lacking in talent. dang football season need to hurry up!

[/quote]
You are the favorites in the district for now. If Jasper gets on board with the new coach then Jasper will be the leader. Kville will not be able to keep pace with the larger schools on a year in year out basis. I fully expect you to make the playoffs but you will not beat Coldsprings in the pre-district.
[/

Hey man...what school you represent? Coldspring beat us for the very first time...they gonna have to prove they can beat the Cats again. Dont hide if the Cats prove you and others wrong once AGAIN! You sound silly as far as saying competing with "Larger" schools year in year out. We came back from 2a this past season and dominated everybody we played. Keep in mind Kirbyville have some solid players coming up and Coach Neece will make grown men out of them..... trust me. Im not gonna keep posting about this nonsense, just wait until the season starts and we'll see what kind of team the Trojans have.
[/quote]
Well, I guess I have been right about this whole discussion. The only thing I am not sure of now is if you, Diboll, or Huntington gets the 3rd spot.
[/quote]

It's always nice to be right I reckon...... ;)

[quote name="89falcon" post="1042426" timestamp="1314449243"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=85694.msg1025175#msg1025175 date=1310785129]

[/quote]
[/

[/quote]
[/quote]
I look for Diboll to take the 2nd spot, but what do I know? ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    risinger62
    Newest Member
    risinger62