NEWTON Football?

The torch has been passed to a longtime Barbay assistant in W.T. Jonhston. W.T. has coached in, I believe, 5 state title games. W.T. had mentioned before school was out that he had not even let anyone sit at Coach Barbay's desk because it didn't feel right. These things will change as time goes by. W.T. says that all the coaches on his staff will work together for the kids and to continue the winning tradition at Newton. The weight program was instantly put back on track and the overall program evaluated. New technology that makes it possible for Newton to actually exchange game films and provide college scouts with copies was purchased. The defense will once again be under W.T.'s control and will be a pressure, in your face type defense. Trevor Holmes will be moved to defense with QB responsibilities going to D.J. Dean. A good move for both. I'm pretty sure the offense will still utilize the scat but maybe with a few more twist than Newton football is used to. Once again team speed is present across the board. I'm excited about the upcoming year and wish the Eagles and the new coaching staff much success.

Well said ChampionEagles, we have one of the best coaching staffs in 2A football. Trevor moving back to linebacker will be a big difference in our defense. Our line will still be undersized. I  think this will be a team that will get better as the year go on. Have not heard if we got any transfers from other school or not.
Remembering that the 8th grade kids will now be on the soph or JV team and some of them may be skilled enough to play varsity but I suspect that they will be another year away. This is the bunch of kids (undefeated since pee wee football) that Coach Barbay told me was the best looking group of kids coming up that he has ever had at Newton. The future is looking bright in Newton football if our school does not keep losing players. At the rate we are losing kids we may be down to class A football in a few years.

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="1024635" timestamp="1310655782"]
hated to see coach Johnston leave, but I know as HC in Newton, He will do great things.
[/quote]

We just loaned him to ya'll for a couple years to help out(just kidding). He's back home now and I'm looking forward to many years of W.T. football. I think he will be a good one.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1024814" timestamp="1310683966"]
[quote author=kcat-fan link=topic=85718.msg1024635#msg1024635 date=1310655782]
hated to see coach Johnston leave, but I know as HC in Newton, He will do great things.
[/quote]

We just loaned him to ya'll for a couple years to help out(just kidding). He's back home now and I'm looking forward to many years of W.T. football. I think he will be a good one.
[/quote]

he is a great one. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Wildcats92
    Newest Member
    Wildcats92