TSRN Greater Houston Top 15 Rankings

[quote name="VPirate" post="1025783" timestamp="1310991455"]
There is no doubt that Brenham is loaded up on defense, with what the Cubs have coming back this yr. there is a good argument that can be made that Brenham has the top defense in the state, you guys have at least 7 all-district defensive players returning. I know Brenham has TB
Troy Green (6’1” 198) coming back and WR Tre’Mund Moore (6’1” 170, Jr.) returning for the offense, so you'll get no argument from me about the Cubs being a great team, with a great coaching staff..... that really wasn't what I was trying to say in my post concerning the TSRN ratings. When I went back and read my post I realized that I had left out what I meant to say, if you will notice I said both teams are loosing their QB well the other team that I failed to mention was Friendswood who is ranked at #10, I just think that they should be ranked higher than a #10 spot. So let me compare the 2 teams with out taking anything away from the accomplishments of Brenham.
(1) Both coaches were named coach of the yr. in their respective districts.
(2) Both teams lost their starting QB.
(3) Brenham is 23-4 the last 2 seasons.
(4) Friendswood is 23-6 the last 2 yrs.
(5) Brenham in 2008 made it to the Q-Finals, 2009 State lost to Aledo, 2010 Bi-District.
(6) Friendswood 2008 Semi-Finals, 2009 Q-Finals, 2010 Semi-Finals.
(7) Brenham overall record- 535-363-41  59% win Pct.-939 games played.
(8) Friendswood 394-261-14 overall  60% win Pct-669 games played.
    I realize that Brenham has played over 250 more games than Friendswood, heck Brenham has been playing football since the turn of the century...
I said all that to say this....Taking into account Friendswood's record the last 2 or 3 yrs. why didn't TSRN give them a little more love than a #10 spot??

PS the #eight in my key board seems to be messed up it put a cool instead of the #  ;D

[/quote]

Brenham's winning % is 61%, not 59%.  ;) ;D

Brenham VS 17-4A & 24-4A = 56-16
Friendswood VS 17-4A & 24-4A = 58-37

I do think Friendswood should be higher though.  Maybe #7 or #8.

IMO, Humble should be #3 or #4, and i'd have Dayton at #6.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1025942" timestamp="1311016884"]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=85804.msg1025783#msg1025783 date=1310991455]
There is no doubt that Brenham is loaded up on defense, with what the Cubs have coming back this yr. there is a good argument that can be made that Brenham has the top defense in the state, you guys have at least 7 all-district defensive players returning. I know Brenham has TB
Troy Green (6’1” 198) coming back and WR Tre’Mund Moore (6’1” 170, Jr.) returning for the offense, so you'll get no argument from me about the Cubs being a great team, with a great coaching staff..... that really wasn't what I was trying to say in my post concerning the TSRN ratings. When I went back and read my post I realized that I had left out what I meant to say, if you will notice I said both teams are loosing their QB well the other team that I failed to mention was Friendswood who is ranked at #10, I just think that they should be ranked higher than a #10 spot. So let me compare the 2 teams with out taking anything away from the accomplishments of Brenham.
(5) Brenham in 2008 made it to the Q-Finals, 2009 State lost to Aledo, 2010 Bi-District.
    I realize that Brenham has played over 250 more games than Friendswood, heck Brenham has been playing football since the turn of the century...
I said all that to say this....Taking into account Friendswood's record the last 2 or 3 yrs. why didn't TSRN give them a little more love than a #10 spot??

PS the #eight in my key board seems to be messed up it put a cool instead of the #  ;D

[/quote]

Brenham's winning % is 61%, not 59%.  ;) ;D

I do think Friendswood should be higher though.  Maybe #7 or #8.

[/quote]

Well first of all Brenham's winning % is not even 59% let alone 61. If you add up all the wins and losses and ties and then divide the total by the wins then you will get that the winning percentage of Brenham is 56.99 percent which we will round up to 57 percent. not 59 or 61.

And second of all Friendswoods winning percentage is not 60 percent. Like i said above if you add up the wins and losses and ties and then divide the total by the wins then you will get that Friendswood winning percentage is 58.89 which we round up to 59 percent

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1026040" timestamp="1311028789"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=85804.msg1025942#msg1025942 date=1311016884]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=85804.msg1025783#msg1025783 date=1310991455]

[/quote]

Brenham's winning % is 61%, not 59%.  ;) ;D

I do think Friendswood should be higher though.  Maybe #7 or #8.

[/quote]

Well first of all Brenham's winning % is not even 59% let alone 61. If you add up all the wins and losses and ties and then divide the total by the wins then you will get that the winning percentage of Brenham is 56.99 percent which we will round up to 57 percent. not 59 or 61.

And second of all Friendswoods winning percentage is not 60 percent. Like i said above if you add up the wins and losses and ties and then divide the total by the wins then you will get that Friendswood winning percentage is 58.89 which we round up to 59 percent
[/quote]

I didn't do the math.  I cheated and got it from online, so I appoligize if it's incorrect. Here's my source. http://www.lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=877&action=vs

stratford in at number six, the most (only) love we have gotten in preseason rankings....vype came out today, have brenham also at 1  then humble  willis  la marque  manvel  dawson  freindswood
  angleton  el campo  and terry at 10

i would not put to much into brenham losing in round one last yr...one word..turnovers.......they will kill you everytime

[quote name="grasshopper" post="1026096" timestamp="1311035908"]
stratford in at number six, the most (only) love we have gotten in preseason rankings....vype came out today, have brenham also at 1  then humble  willis   la marque   manvel   dawson  freindswood
   angleton   el campo  and terry at 10

i would not put to much into brenham losing in round one last yr...one word..turnovers.......they will kill you everytime
[/quote]

It's ok, I like being "overrated".  Maybe we'll be overlooked as well.  After all, we are the team that lost in the 1st round to Kingwood Park. ::) ;)

[quote name="VPirate" post="1026094" timestamp="1311034828"]
;D ;D.....I hear ya about the only grasp I have on math is, trying to[b] add[/b] to my income, [b]subtract[/b] from my weight,[b] divide[/b] my time, and avoid[b] multiplying[/b]....

And if you ask my utility company they seem to think 2+2=5...... ;)

[/quote]

Lol, now that's funny!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1026098" timestamp="1311037019"]
[quote author=grasshopper link=topic=85804.msg1026096#msg1026096 date=1311035908]
stratford in at number six, the most (only) love we have gotten in preseason rankings....vype came out today, have brenham also at 1  then humble  willis  la marque  manvel  dawson  freindswood
  angleton  el campo  and terry at 10

[/quote]

It's ok, I like being "overrated".  Maybe we'll be overlooked as well.  After all, [b]we are the team that lost in the 1st round to Kingwood Park[/b]. ::) ;)
[/quote]

;D ;D......I don't think that will happen again!! What is it they say about lighting striking twice??  ;)

[quote name="VPirate" post="1026101" timestamp="1311037496"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=85804.msg1026098#msg1026098 date=1311037019]
[quote author=grasshopper link=topic=85804.msg1026096#msg1026096 date=1311035908]
stratford in at number six, the most (only) love we have gotten in preseason rankings....vype came out today, have brenham also at 1  then humble  willis   la marque   manvel   dawson  freindswood
  angleton   el campo  and terry at 10

[/quote]

It's ok, I like being "overrated".  Maybe we'll be overlooked as well.  After all, [b]we are the team that lost in the 1st round to Kingwood Park[/b]. ::) ;)
[/quote]

;D ;D......I don't think that will happen again!! What is it they say about lighting striking twice??   ;)
[/quote]

You never know, a man in South Carolina has been struck by lightning 6 times.  :o
Talk about unlucky! :D

What date is Vidor's homecoming, and who do y'all play?  I wouldn't mind checking it out if were not playing anybody that night.  I hear it's quite the event.

Grasshopper, I'm gonna go to the Stratford VS Memorial game this year since it's on a Thursday, if you have extra seat?

[quote name="VPirate" post="1026106" timestamp="1311039016"]
Vidor's homecoming is Oct.14, we play LC-M. Let me know if you can make it BrenhamFan, it would be fun to meet ya. Might even have a Vidor Pirate t-shirt for you!......... ;D
[/quote]

Dang, I can't make it this year.  October 14th is one of our bigger district games. (I'll be in Montgomery) Maybe another year...

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1026108" timestamp="1311039702"]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=85804.msg1026106#msg1026106 date=1311039016]
Vidor's homecoming is Oct.14, we play LC-M. Let me know if you can make it BrenhamFan, it would be fun to meet ya. Might even have a Vidor Pirate t-shirt for you!......... ;D
[/quote]

Dang, I can't make it this year.  October 14th is one of our bigger district games. (I'll be in Montgomery) Maybe another year...
[/quote]

Hey I understand, no problem at all.. 8)  That should be a great game @ Montgomery.

Looking at last years scores, Montgomery and Houston Stratford gave y'all the best district competition last season. 

[quote name="VPirate" post="1026153" timestamp="1311071919"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=85804.msg1026108#msg1026108 date=1311039702]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=85804.msg1026106#msg1026106 date=1311039016]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey I understand, no problem at all.. 8)  That should be a great game @ Montgomery.

Looking at last years scores, Montgomery and Houston Stratford gave y'all the best district competition last season.   
[/quote]

The Montgomery game last year, wasn't as close as the score indicates.  The first half was pretty good, but we pulled away in the 2nd half.  They were down 31-18, and at their own 40 with under 30 seconds to play.  That's when Dobbins took off, running about 80 yards for a 60 yard TD.  They added the 2 point conversion, and went for the onside kick, but we recovered it, and took a knee to end the game.

Now the Stratford game was a nailbitter.  We were down 0-10 at the half, and fought our way back in it.  We kicked a field goal late in the 4th to take our first lead, 20-17.  With under 2 minutes to play, Stratford drove down to our 40 and then took a shot at the end zone.  Fortunately for us, they threw at our best CB.  He caught the ball over his shoulder in the end zone seal the deal.  Stratford played us better than anybody did all year.

[quote name="VPirate" post="1026174" timestamp="1311083081"]
BrenhamFan, didn't Stratford drop from 5A to 4A a few years back??
[/quote]

Stratford, Spring Woods & Northbrook all dropped down from 5A the last realignment.  17-4A has so many big schools, that if we added Central,  (20-4A's largest school) they would be the third smallest school. (only bigger than Brenham & Waller)

who knows what the next realignment will bring, so ill just enjoy the yr........yes brenham fan should be a few extra seats.....maybe nb raider might go, short drive for him....... need to go to some big games that are not in conflict with our games, get a few peeps out

I attended the Brenham/Stratford game and the last TD drive for Stratford was well executed.Lot of pressure flushing the qb out of the pocket and throwing on the run w/o setting his feet ended up with a underthrown pass to a very tall reciever WIDE OPEN in the corner of the end zone.Pass fell short @ the goal line to Cub defender arms.My grandkid could have caught the air ball(floater) w/nutin on it ;) ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats