Opinions on Tiger's return to the tour tomorrow.

Guest tigersvoice

Guest tigersvoice
Tiger seems to have ramped up his public personna just lately.  A while back he made an announcement that he would be making an
announcement.  Then his Manager (??) makes an announcement that said, NO, he's not.  Then he lets his caddie (maybe even his last friend) go with a bit of acrimony.  And now he's coming back to the tour after pronouncing himself fit and ready.  What say you?

say what you want, but he's great for the game.  ratings are through the roof when he's in contention.  personally, as a so-so golf fan, i've watched a bit of each round on the golf channel just to see how he was doing.  before thursday, i didn't even know for sure that i HAD the golf channel.

I still don't think Tiger has the same "mental" edge he had before, and from just looking at him play, his body is not there to allow the consistency it takes to win a tournament over 4 rounds.  He can put 2 maybe 3 rounds of good golf in, but 4 probably not.  He may win again on tour, but his domintation is OVER.  NO WAY does he win 4 more majors.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1033969" timestamp="1313108982"]
I still don't think Tiger has the same "mental" edge he had before, and from just looking at him play, his body is not there to allow the consistency it takes to win a tournament over 4 rounds.  He can put 2 maybe 3 rounds of good golf in, but 4 probably not.  He may win again on tour, but his domintation is OVER.  NO WAY does he win 4 more majors.
[/quote]

That's a hard thing to gauge P4E.  He certainly doesn't look anything like the player he was 8-10 yrs ago, but then again he is only human and not a machine so it was inevitable for him to come down off of the mountain just with age and time, let alone his personal problems.  Tiger had an edge in the physcological dept as much as he was a talented player, but with the "great fall from grace" of his image, it will be hard for him to get that back.  I don't want to bet against him, and I feel like he for sure can "catch lightning in a bottle" again for a major or 2, but I think his chance to break Jack's major record is definately extremely harder than it was 3 years ago.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    coachcojack
    Newest Member
    coachcojack