Less than 24 hrs of being home and.....

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1033989" timestamp="1313112080"]
Home gets broken into while I'm visiting family. They ransacked the place and only took a 19 inch flat screen. No money, no video game system, no CDs or DVDs, no clothes or shoes.
[/quote]

But that's all I asked them to take, just to send a message. ;)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1034002" timestamp="1313112923"]
Cowards waited til I left in broad daylight to do it. I will be getting a gun license. Ppl still haven't grown up in port arthur. And I actually got a good idea who may have done it.
[/quote]

Home burglaries are in broad daylight. That is when people are at work or at school. Most people don't want to break into a home at night when almost everyone is home and they might face an angry homeowner with a gun.

Home gets broken into while I'm visiting family. They ransacked the place and only took a 19 inch flat screen. No money, no video game system, no CDs or DVDs, no clothes or shoes.
[/quote]

Did they handle anything that can be fingerprinted?

[quote name="tvc184" post="1034051" timestamp="1313116417"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=86566.msg1034046#msg1034046 date=1313116095]
The cops didn't take fingerprints but I saw prints on glass I didn't see before I left and door handles.
[/quote]

Is it still there?
[/quote]Yep

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1033995" timestamp="1313112468"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=86566.msg1033989#msg1033989 date=1313112080]
[/quote]

But that's all I asked them to take, just to send a message. ;)
[/quote]
Those big dummies just can't get it right. They were supposed to only take your computer :D

Seriously; That really sux and its not a very welcome return.

I got broke into my-self once...They came in took my computer that's all they took...When I got home from work the next day my computer was sitting in the carport with a note attached saying..." Man is this the best you can do,This thing is old enough to vote and is in serious need of updating"...Such is life in K-Town.... ;D

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1034354" timestamp="1313181122"]
I got broke into my-self once...They came in took my computer that's all they took...When I got home from work the next day my computer was sitting in the carport with a note attached saying..." Man is this the best you can do,This thing is old enough to vote and is in serious need of updating"...Such is life in K-Town.... ;D
[/quote]
Wow seriously? Thats just funny lol. Not laughing at your misfortune but wow.

Guest Air Bisquit
[/quote]

Welcome back to Port Arthur.
Seriously that sucks :(

[quote name="tchamblee67" post="1034375" timestamp="1313183837"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=86566.msg1034046#msg1034046 date=1313116095]
The cops didn't take fingerprints but I saw prints on glass I didn't see before I left and door handles.
[/quote]

Wow, I'm shocked.  Why no fingerprints, I wonder?
[/quote]

Sounds like an inside job to me. ;)

Can you say "insurance scam"? ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1034046" timestamp="1313116095"]
[/quote] That crap only takes place on CSI . The cops around here only catch the fools that talk to much or get caught speeding with you crap in the back of the car.

[quote name="tchamblee67" post="1034375" timestamp="1313183837"]
[/quote]

Wow, I'm shocked.  Why no fingerprints, I wonder?
[/quote]

Fingerprints are not so easy to get in many cases. Sometimes a person just doesn't leave prints. Even if they do, it has to be a smooth, dry and clean surface. Dust, moisture, texture or dirt tends to obscure fingerprints. You can see that the item was touched but you can't lift them or get anything of usable value.

Then you have to find the item(s) to be fingerprinted. It is not like the police or an ID technician is going to go into every house and fingerprint thousands of items. It has to be limited to what they can tell has been handled by the suspect(s) and then has to fit the criteria I listed.

Easy on the television, not so easy in real life.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32