Beaumont Central vs. Houston Worthing Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

Yea, he's right.  Worthing is not good, therefor, will not be a good test for my Jags.  The real test will be against state runner ups LaMarque next week in Beaumont.  I'll be attending that one.  I didn't go to today's scrimage..  I refuse Travel to Houston for a scrimmage. 

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1034807" timestamp="1313253585"]
What suspense ? Worthing is absolutely horrible and everybody whips them

[/quote]no concern about worthing, only my jags. i understand it's just a scrimmage, i'm referring to the performance of the squad in general. we'er young in spots.

central won 4 tds to 1. the defense swarmed all over then. the defensive front was active and physical with worthing. the offense started out strong until a string of 4 chop block ended the first series. then they cuaght firer and started rolling by air and ground. the offensive line was physical still too many mistakes at receiver. robert is a true d-1 talent leading the charge. could have been worse b/c several long run were called back. cant wait till friday with lamarqe comes to town

[quote name="desethion" post="1035035" timestamp="1313274659"]
central won 4 tds to 1. the defense swarmed all over then. the defensive front was active and physical with worthing. the offense started out strong until a string of 4 chop block ended the first series. then they cuaght firer and started rolling by air and ground. the offensive line was physical still too many mistakes at receiver. robert is a true d-1 talent leading the charge. could have been worse b/c several long run were called back. cant wait till friday with lamarqe comes to town
[/quote]What kind of scrimmage was it?

[quote author=desethion link=topic=86631.msg1035035#msg1035035 date=1313274659]
[/quote

Lol, Cant wait til Friday, Ill be at that one..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43

• Bye Week beat Beaumont United by double digits so not all is bad šŸ˜
    • He made the comment as a business man he hated overtime. He never said or implied he wanted to do away with it. He has said overtime should not be taxed. That will benefit the refinery workers in our area big timeā€¦..as well as nurses. Not only would you not pay taxes and see the benefit immediately on your paycheck, my guess that at the end of the year, you would subtract all the overtime from your total wages, thus lowering your taxable imcome.
    • Well I thought it would be a better matchup for us more so than us versus yall and we got whooped šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø we'll see, long time before Ball High meets Lufkin though.Ā 
    • Very critical win for Crosby last night. At no point has the current regime given me any reason to think Crosby should be able to pencil in wins but for the sake of discussion I will for FB Kempner who we play two weeks from now and also Porter who we play a couple of weeks after that. That means if Crosby can beat Kingwood Park next week weā€™ll most likely finish district play 5-2 and in at least 3rd place.Ā  Ā  That being, the team could be a lot better if we had a competent offensive coach. Crosbyā€™s offensive philosophy is to give it to Yarbrough and hope he breaks it which is why we lose to team with above average defensive talent. Crosbyā€™s TE Landen Hammer is 6ā€™2ā€ and about 210lbs with crazy ball skills, an absolute mismatch problem and got one target last night. Friendswood realized Crosby had some playmakers on the edges and lots of times gave the receivers a 10 yard cushion. The problem is that Willis doesnā€™t know that so not once did we just raise up, throw it out to the receiver and give them an opportunity to be an athlete and make a play. So now that weā€™ve averaged 8 completions per game through our first four contest because 50% of the time Willis chooses to swap out 50% of the offense we look like we ā€œdonā€™t have the receiving talent that we used to.ā€ Yarbrough probably had close to 300 rushing yards last night but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if he had 35 carries. I like our backup RB but there are several kids who could help Crosby more at that position and Willis chooses not to play them there and feed Yarbrough to the point he couldnā€™t even finish the game last night. He continues to display an inability to efficiently use his personnel which is why we get blow out by any team with at least equal talent. Maybe something changes but Willis being 6-19 his last two and a half years on the sideline and his inability to shake the Cedar Park model donā€™t give much hope, which is unfortunate for the kids.Ā 
    • Big girl is trying to make Oprah sound like Bam Morris, who was busted with 220# of weed in the trunk of his car. When the cops opened the truck and found the weed, Bam said,ā€Thatā€™s not mineā€. Give me a break.
  • Topics