Kirbyville vs. Silsbee Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got off of the phone with AAW.  Here are some stats:

Silsbee 1st Team: 35 plays, 10 first downs, 312 total yards, 3 TDs

Kirbyville 1st Team:  35 plays, 4 first downs, 56 total yards, 0 TDs

Silsbee 2nd Team: 15 plays, 3 first downs, 86 total yards, 1 TD

Kirbyville 2nd Team: 15 plays, 0 first downs, -11 total yards, 0 TD

Silsbee Totals: 50 plays, 13 first downs, 398 total yards (280 air, 118 ground), 4 TD

Kirbyville Totals:  50 plays, 4 first downs, 45 total yards, 0 TD

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1034816" timestamp="1313254296"]
Just got off of the phone with AAW.   Here are some stats:

Silsbee 1st Team: 35 plays, 10 first downs, 312 total yards, 3 TDs

Kirbyville 1st Team:  35 plays, 4 first downs, 56 total yards, 0 TDs

Silsbee 2nd Team: 15 plays, 3 first downs, 86 total yards, 1 TD

Kirbyville 2nd Team: 15 plays, 0 first downs, -11 total yards, 0 TD

Silsbee Totals: 50 plays, 13 first downs, 398 total yards (280 air, 118 ground), 4 TD

Kirbyville Totals:  50 plays, 4 first downs, 45 total yards, 0 TD
[/quote]

Looks like Silsbee's got it going on....With them kind of stats Kirbyville has a lot of work  to do...Hope they can get it together... :)

Kirbyville did not look that bad. Silbee had it together and played very well. Kirbyville showed they have something to work with. If they work on offensive line a bit I think they will do as well as ever. Backfield looked strong and although I had heard that Red was a running Qb and could not really throw the ball that was WRONG he sure can! If anyone was looking for a drastic change in the Cats game plan they will be disapointed. Arron Breed may have graduated but his little brother was trying to jump right in to his shoes. The coaches were giving the new players a chance to show what they can do so I would not gauge this one by the lack of TDs. They were obviously looking to see who was going to step up. They know a lot more about what they 've got now and can tweek things as they see fit. 

It was hot!  

Kville offense never could get it going.  

Kville D looked really good at times and really bad at times giving up a few bigs plays that led to long TD's.  

Looks like its going to be Tyler, Smith, Haywood, and Jacko on both sides of the ball and thats about it.  Kville is going to have to have some more kids step up play and contribute or its going to be a long year.  

My new prediction for the year is Kville does make the playoffs with a 3/7 record.  

Silsbee scored 4 TDs and Kirbyville scored 0 TDs. Silsbee's first O had 3 long TD passes and the second O had 1 long TD pass. Silsbee's D total controlled the line of scrimmage. Both teams where basicaly playing with new backfields on offence and Silsbee's had more seccuss. Give Kville time, have some size and some speed, they will be fine. Silsbee's D looked good giving up maybe five plays of 10 yards or more. Good first scrimmage to get under your belt. No real serious injuries.

A little more breakdown of the stats:

Kirbyville

rushing    34/ 15 yards
passing   3-16  30 yards

Silsbee

rushing   30/  108 yards
passing  11-20  290 yards   4 TD's

I think it's safe to say (although I expect to see some scrutiny on these comments ::)) that Silsbee dominated this scrimmage on both sides of the ball. The Tiger 1st team defense looked the best out of all the groups (both teams 1st & 2nd off. and def.). The Tigers disrupted several plays with their senior linebackers penetrating the line, getting some sacks and tackles for loss. They just didn't allow Kirbyville get into any kind of a rhythm. Silsbee's offense was a big play offense as all 4 TD's came via the pass and all were 50 yards or better. Silsbee run game looked descent at times, but missed a few opportunities (missed some holes). Silsbee looked very good for a first scrimmage.

Kirbyville struggled. They could not get the run game going and their pass game was never established. The Wildcat O-line just had a hard time keeping the Tiger defenders out of the backfield. The Wildcat defense did well against the run, but the secondary gave up too many big plays. It is definitely their weak point. I believe Kirbyville will get it together by season's end, but they will struggle early on.

By the numbers:

Kirbyville suited out 27 on varsity, Silsbee had 40  suited out.

Tigers had 3 soph, start on offense (QB, RB and RT) and 2 on defense (NG and LB)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1034892" timestamp="1313259184"]
A little more breakdown of the stats:

Kirbyville

rushing    34/ 15 yards
passing   3-16  30 yards

Silsbee

rushing   30/  108 yards
passing  11-20  290 yards   4 TD's

I think it's safe to say (although I expect to see some scrutiny on these comments ::)) that Silsbee dominated this scrimmage on both sides of the ball. The Tiger 1st team defense looked the best out of all the groups (both teams 1st & 2nd off. and def.). The Tigers disrupted several plays with their senior linebackers penetrating the line, getting some sacks and tackles for loss. They just didn't allow Kirbyville get into any kind of a rhythm. Silsbee's offense was a big play offense as all 4 TD's came via the pass and all were 50 yards or better. Silsbee run game looked descent at times, but missed a few opportunities (missed some holes). Silsbee looked very good for a first scrimmage.

Kirbyville struggled. They could not get the run game going and their pass game was never established. The Wildcat O-line just had a hard time keeping the Tiger defenders out of the backfield. The Wildcat defense did well against the run, but the secondary gave up too many big plays. It is definitely their weak point. I believe Kirbyville will get it together by season's end, but they will struggle early on.

By the numbers:

Kirbyville suited out 27 on varsity, Silsbee had 40  suited out.

Tigers had 3 soph, start on offense (QB, RB and RT) and 2 on defense (NG and LB)
[/quote]

Nothing wrong with your statements AAW....Stats don't lie...lol...Looks like Kirbyville has some work to do to me....It Is What It Is.. :)

[quote name="ST413" post="1034919" timestamp="1313261625"]
Did the two transfers play and if so how did they look?
[/quote]

The PA Memorial transfer started at defensive end, looked good till he tweeked his knee. He will be a good one for the Tigers. Injury is just minor, should be back for week 0.

Turns out, there is no New Orleans transfer. ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    risinger62
    Newest Member
    risinger62