Beaumont Ozen vs. Kirbyville Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

Guest EagleFan01
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1037849" timestamp="1313797628"]
I for one thought kville had a chance to get to state, barring a collapse versus WO-S in the playoffs. But with the transfers and injury bug it's gonna be extremely tough.
[/quote]

WOW really???? They don't have that many injuries.... Its not like every starter they have are out or something.. I knew they were not gonna be very good I watched this team play since jr high.. Coach Alverez new what he was doing by leaving when he did.. If the community ever decides to run good ole Neece off we will take him in Newton as our OC for sure... ;D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1037849" timestamp="1313797628"]
I for one thought kville had a chance to get to state, barring a collapse versus WO-S in the playoffs. But with the transfers and injury bug it's gonna be extremely tough.
[/quote]

LOL... A "collapse"? It wouldn't have been a "collapse" last year, why would it be this year? Just curious.

[quote name="bmtqj33" post="1037744" timestamp="1313787636"]
We're back!! and it's going to be great!
[/quote]

Ok I really would not make that statement after beating the single smallest 3a team in the entire state of aTexas. They are totally rebuilding with a new coach and kids. Ozen will be ok this year but this victory is about as cheap as it gets.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1038042" timestamp="1313813636"]
I would never hate on Ozen I was talking to the guy or gal who said that they were back from playing 1 small school.  By the way its expected from Vidor they play 3a and 2a and 1a and private schools and every other year they play a 6 man team.
[/quote]look hear mr. hammer i was waiting for u to show up! k-vill put their pads on just like us!1a 2a 3a still 11 on the feild!!

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="1037973" timestamp="1313805052"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=86895.msg1037849#msg1037849 date=1313797628]
[/quote]

WOW really???? They don't have that many injuries.... Its not like every starter they have are out or something.. I knew they were not gonna be very good I watched this team play since jr high.. Coach Alverez new what he was doing by leaving when he did.. If the community ever decides to run good ole Neece off we will take him in Newton as our OC for sure... ;D
[/quote]
Enjoy Eaglefan01 because it wont be long before we be back on top :)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
I would never hate on Ozen I was talking to the guy or gal who said that they were back from playing 1 small school.  By the way its expected from Vidor they play 3a and 2a and 1a and private schools and every other year they play a 6 man team.
[/quote]
Keep talking. Just remember what happened last year when you talked. What was the score by the end of the game? 46-35 if i remember right.  ::)  ;D  8)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[/quote]
And we have never played a 6 man squad since i was in high school. And we've never even played a 2A school. The year we decided to start playing Kville and BC Kville had already moved up to 3A and BC was 3A. Check your stats before you say stuff buddy.

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1038039" timestamp="1313813483"]
Don't hate on Ozen for playing Kville. Vidor is playing them too in an actual game.
[/quote]

Look let's clear this all up....This decision was made under a former Coach who,along with Vidor's Coach agreed on this preseason matchup it is done for a two year deal..( One game in Kirbyville,One game in Vidor)..This was when preseason games were hard to come by..In fact Kirbyville had a preseason game with Wills Point..I have no idea where that place even is..(I'm not sure the people who live in Wills Point knows where it is..) Kirbyville IS a small school everyone knows that,But they as any other team can only play 11 at a time...Vidor is only living up to an agreement between Coaches to play a football game..Win or lose.That's the way it goes..... ;)

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="1038091" timestamp="1313841528"]
I missed this game do to having to work...lol
was any Kat players moved around or any signs that this young team is improving....Oline?
[/quote]

Kirbyville IMO needs to find some kind of offense... They don't have an offense at the present time (Same problem in the game with Silsbee)...JMO.. ;)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1038093" timestamp="1313842002"]
[quote author=kcat-fan link=topic=86895.msg1038091#msg1038091 date=1313841528]
was any Kat players moved around or any signs that this young team is improving....Oline?
[/quote]

Kirbyville IMO needs to find some kind of offense...It's non-existence now...JMO.. ;)
[/quote]

No Line NO Offense, I dont care what kind of formation you run.  The O Line is young and scared but will get better everyday and everygame.  Most of these kids played either with freshman or Jr.High last year and dont know the speed or intensity of this level.  They will become more comfortable and confidence will come.  Just think of the experience they are getting now.  Usually these kinda of things work out good in the long run. 

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1038096" timestamp="1313842554"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=86895.msg1038093#msg1038093 date=1313842002]
[quote author=kcat-fan link=topic=86895.msg1038091#msg1038091 date=1313841528]
[/quote]

Kirbyville IMO needs to find some kind of offense...It's non-existence now...JMO.. ;)
[/quote]

No Line NO Offense, I dont care what kind of formation you run.  The O Line is young and scared but will get better everyday and everygame.  Most of these kids played either with freshman or Jr.High last year and dont know the speed or intensity of this level.  They will become more comfortable and confidence will come.  Just think of the experience they are getting now.  Usually these kinda of things work out good in the long run. 
[/quote]
I agree about the Oline...puts alot of pressure on a new QB and RB, but they will get better IMO. I believe by district they will have improved plenty and Neece will have them in the best possible O formation for what he's working with.... I hope :-\

Not real sure whats going on in Kville right now,  but as far as the playing Vidor (since we keep getting brought up).  Last year I would have put Kville up against anyone in our district and the had shot a winning.  Probably could have made the playoffs fo 20-4a.  Yes thats right a 2a/3a school.  Good group of kids and great fan base out there.  Cant say that about everyone in 20-4a.  Hope the wildkats get things turned around for the season.

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1038105" timestamp="1313843591"]
Wasn't being critical...just an observation....I have total confidence in Coach Neece.... ;)
[/quote]
yea I know...me too.  ;)
I have faith in our coaches, that they will make what adjustments are needed to be all they can be.

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="1038109" timestamp="1313844525"]
Not real sure whats going on in Kville right now,  but as far as the playing Vidor (since we keep getting brought up).  Last year I would have put Kville up against anyone in our district and the had shot a winning.  Probably could have made the playoffs fo 20-4a.  Yes thats right a 2a/3a school.  Good group of kids and great fan base out there.  Cant say that about everyone in 20-4a.  Hope the wildkats get things turned around for the season.
[/quote]

Thanks Titan...We are kinda in a little tail spin at the present time,But I'm sure it will all work out in the long run...Been hearing good things on the Pirates...Good Luck on the upcoming season...

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="1038152" timestamp="1313852099"]
Kirbyville is playing a brutal preseason schedule. That will help prepare them for district. On the other hand I dont see how it helps Ozen as much for preparing for district. As for Vidor also. Well maybe it does give them a head of steam going into there following week games.
[/quote]New name for you Jackthehater!!!

[quote name="bmtqj33" post="1038163" timestamp="1313853022"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=86895.msg1038152#msg1038152 date=1313852099]
Kirbyville is playing a brutal preseason schedule. That will help prepare them for district. On the other hand I dont see how it helps Ozen as much for preparing for district. As for Vidor also. Well maybe it does give them a head of steam going into there following week games.
[/quote]New name for you Jackthehater!!!
[/quote]I think your way off base here, Kirbyville has gone very deep in the playoffs the last few years just appears they might have a down year but one cant be criticized for playing down a level when they have been as good as the cats have been lately.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    risinger62
    Newest Member
    risinger62