To the entire STJFL, and every parent involved!

I would like to say God bless each and every one of you this year, and good luck this season. Football season is here, that special time of year that so many of us have been waiting for minus the heat 8) "HaHaHa". I pray that all of our teams start and finish the season injury free and that we continue to have fun and enjoy the camaraderie of the game. If anything we have to do it for these kids. To the mothers who have helped get paperwork, helmet sizes and all the other stuff that we coaches have no patience for, let me say "THANK YOU" So Good luck once again to everyone see you Saturday!! ;D ;D

[quote name="ICEWATER" post="1039627" timestamp="1314098465"]

I would like to say God bless each and every one of you this year, and good luck this season. Football season is here, that special time of year that so many of us have been waiting for minus the heat 8) "HaHaHa". I pray that all of our teams start and finish the season injury free and that we continue to have fun and enjoy the camaraderie of the game. If anything we have to do it for these kids. To the mothers who have helped get paperwork, helmet sizes and all the other stuff that we coaches have no patience for, let me say "THANK YOU" So Good luck once again to everyone see you Saturday!! ;D ;D
[/quote]

Great post! Looking forward to a fun season!

I 2nd that emotion!  I know I get on some peoples nerves at the games with my cheering and stuff  ??? but you know what, I really do enjoy the sport.  As always, if you see me at a game, and my son is not on the field, stop and say hello.

This is kind of a bitter sweet year for us.  This is his last year playing for STJFL and we will miss you guys.  :'(  With that being said, our family looks forward to the start of the season. 

Parents: Please don't rely solely on your coaches to provide drink for your child.  They provide ice cold water; however, I have learned that its always best if you provide to your child his (or her own -- speaking of cheerleaders) drink as well.  A nice snack for halftime is good also.  I find that the kids really enjoy orange slices with grapes.  Put in individual sandwich bags and they can grab one and get nourishment while resting between halves.

The heat is going to be a huge factor this weekend.  My son has come home twice already saying that when he practiced "things went black".  When you walk outside and you feel like you can't breath, just imagine what those kids are feeling like wearing all of that heavy, hot equipment! 

BTW: LOVE the new Mustangs jerseys!  I want one!!!!!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    risinger62
    Newest Member
    risinger62