SETXsports Weekly HS Preview Show/ TONIGHT 6pm from Hamburger Depot!

Yes, the boys are back in town!! It's the SETXsports Weekly High School Preview Show, LIVE from Hamburger Depot, 790 Neches St. in downtown Beaumont. The show will air TONIGHT from 6pm-8pm. Come join me, Mike Sanchez, along with my co-host Gabe Pruitt, the editor of the Orangeleader, and our cast of regulars (Bmtsoulja, rykerxx, Sgt. Reyes, liltex, and more) as we preview this week's games from our area. We will also talk about our SETXsports rankings, some general talk on the upcoming football season(teams, district races, predictions) and our ever popular discussion segment where we discuss your questions and comments that you the listener post here on the broadcast thread.

The show will move to it's regular slot next Tuesday night, 6pm.

So come on out to the Hamburger Depot and enjoy some great food and fun with these cast of characters from SETXsports!

SETXsports Weekly High School Preview Show, LIVE, TONIGHT 6pm, here at SETXsports.com!!!

click this link TONIGHT at 6pm to listen to the show, LIVE:

http://www.setxsports.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112:silsbeebcast&catid=73:games

We all know polls are merely a groups opinions and change week to week but I'd like to know the process of pic-n where 3 classes are grouped together.If you go by how teams fared last year(the most logical stat-cause nobody's proven nothin this yr)Then Coldsprings(last team playin in a title game should be @ the top of the big school poll,then followed by the next most successful team,so forth.Personally I'd rather the team I support not be ranked(puts a target on your back)but on another note I can't see a team w/ZERO  success of winning a dist.title in a very long time (Liv)grabbing the top 4a spot/2nd in the big school poll.Explain the reasoning please.And shoulda's don't mean anything,there's hundreds of those cases every yr.final tic is a done deal,until UIL reverses a protested game 8)

[quote name="liltex" post="1040093" timestamp="1314197530"]
We all know polls are merely a groups opinions and change week to week but I'd like to know the process of pic-n where 3 classes are grouped together.If you go by how teams fared last year(the most logical stat-cause nobody's proven nothin this yr)Then Coldsprings(last team playin in a title game should be @ the top of the big school poll,then followed by the next most successful team,so forth.Personally I'd rather the team I support not be ranked(puts a target on your back)but on another note I can't see a team w/ZERO  success of winning a dist.title in a very long time (Liv)grabbing the top 4a spot/2nd in the big school poll.Explain the reasoning please.And shoulda's don't mean anything,there's hundreds of those cases every yr.final tic is a done deal,until UIL reverses a protested game 8)
[/quote]

Well, tex. For a complete answer to your question you will need 10 different posts as we do not dictate the criteria by which the pollsters rank their teams.  Yes, it is a struggle to rank teams across 3 different classes in polls.  But we simply don't have enough teams to place in their own class ranking and really have only one combination of two classes (3A-2A) that really would make a Top 10 feasible. 

As for me, I attempt to look at who is "best" in their particular classification.  How do I do that?  Well, even the factors that I look at will change as the season goes on.  For example, for a head to head result (an actual, not theoretical one) I will probably give that a lot more weight during the pre-district than I would later in the season where I will be giving a team's placement in district standings more weight.

Also, take into consideration that things aren't always as they appear.  For example, if someone made an assumption that EVERY pollster placed Livingston ahead of Dayton in their rankings simply because Livingston is higher in composite rankings, they would be incorrect as half of the pollsters had Dayton ahead of Livingston in their polls.

But during the show Mike, Gabe, Robert and Aaron, who are also pollsters, can give you their takes.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1040115" timestamp="1314199566"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=87036.msg1040093#msg1040093 date=1314197530]
[/quote]

Well, tex. For a complete answer to your question you will need 10 different posts as we do not dictate the criteria by which the pollsters rank their teams.  Yes, it is a struggle to rank teams across 3 different classes in polls.
[/quote]

I'll give my answer tonight on the show. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1040120" timestamp="1314199716"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=87036.msg1040117#msg1040117 date=1314199606]
Any recommendations on what I should order, for my first trip to Hamburger Depot?  8)
[/quote]

The Southwest Burger!!
[/quote]

I second that motion!!

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1040188" timestamp="1314215295"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=87036.msg1040117#msg1040117 date=1314199606]
Any recommendations on what I should order, for my first trip to Hamburger Depot?  8)
[/quote]

Order Solja to shine those green shoes with ant mound dirt.......... ;D ;D
[/quote]

Good thing I wore them. ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1040205" timestamp="1314216729"]
I got a question since I won't be able to listen in. Will Soulja be ok on Saturday morning after the Titans send his team into cardiac arrest?
[/quote]

I thought you were coming.

If you are scared, say you're scared.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1040208" timestamp="1314216876"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=87036.msg1040205#msg1040205 date=1314216729]
I got a question since I won't be able to listen in. Will Soulja be ok on Saturday morning after the Titans send his team into cardiac arrest?
[/quote]

I thought you were coming.

If you are scared, say you're scared.
[/quote]I didn't know you had it in you, man!  AAW says that 'you're scurred'!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32